• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Thanks jshackles :D just saw that you reupdated earlier this morning. WIll test and see if it work. I think the game its stuck on right now is Burnout Paradise. I think. it crashed too fast for me to see what the game is.

You're stuck on Hitman: Absolution I think, I keep getting a notification saying you're starting that game :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Shadownet, are you playing Hitman Absolution? Because Steam alerts me of that about 500 times :D

Well if that's true, there's the problem. :) A problem that should be resolved with the newest version. Also, now when the program errors out it will say "Press any key to continue..." and stay up until you press a key or close it. So hopefully now it won't just open and immediately close before you can read the error messages.

Jawmuncher

Just checked TiTS badge, 13 cards, each $0.35, means $4.55 each badge. Might be the most expensive badge I've ever seen. I got 7 cards, which means $2.45.

Tempted to sell the cards, but think again I want the badge. Decision, decision.

That math there sounds like I'm going to sell. Then maybe come back when they're cheaper.

Shadownet

Banned
Shadownet, are you playing Hitman Absolution? Because Steam alerts me of that about 500 times :D

You're stuck on Hitman: Absolution I think, I keep getting a notification saying you're starting that game :p

Lol it's Idle Master. I just updated my post above.

No snake :p everytime I launch the game, I get killed right away and my hitman pride keep telling me to start over instead of hitting restart. :p

There are people who don't have the "X has started game" notifications turned off?

That'd drive me crazy.

But then how will I know when my friends come on to play which game and when I can join them? :O

I actually enjoy what people are playing. It only gets annoying said person is testing PC settings or something like that with a continuous popup.

I had that happening yesterday since Necrodancer kept crashing because it didn't like my VSync settings. An easy fix for Valve would be to only pop that notification after the user has been in game for 1-5 minutes. As it is now I just have them turned off.

Idle Master is a very handy tool, got a bunch of cards today. Awesome work! But I had to stop it since it opened Spiral Knights which is a free-to-play game and that won't drop cards without me spending some money on it.

Shadownet

Banned
Play it stealthly, as a true Snake would do :D

That bald head and barcode in the back is making it hard go blend in though XD haha

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hfYRfpaBwnc]speaking of which
------------------------
GameStop is having a PC games sale right now if anyone is interested.
http://www.gamestop.com/pcgames?cid=eml_10001585
------------------------

Two questions.

1) have anyone play Wildstar? How is it?

2) the Witcher boardgame alpha (beta?). Is it playable yet? Or is the alpha (beta?) Coming soon.

If anyone have a spare code, I'll buy it off you. Im really looking forward to playing that.

Thank you.

-------------
I guess other people don't mind as much, but notification popups are just the worst for me.

It was bugging me a bit yesterday too. Was playing CSGO and the pop ups keep covering the minimap and that does not help.. Though I think there is an option to move it to one of the other 3 corners. So I might do that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Idle Master is a very handy tool, got a bunch of cards today. Awesome work! But I had to stop it since it opened Spiral Knights which is a free-to-play game and that won't drop cards without me spending some money on it.

That's strange. It should only be opening the game if you have card drops available, and should move on to the next one when there aren't any left to idle. If you visit your badges page, does it say you have card drops remaining?

Haunted

I like being a creeper.
image.php

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vandrar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

WITCHER ADVENTURE GAME (ONLINE BETA) -- MB-7191A039784FF51D - Taken by Shadownet. 13 entrants total.

t1406831722z1.png

Have fun.

yuraya

After all these months its very surprising to see DayZ be top seller. The guys at Bohemia are probably swimming in early access monies. Going from optional mod to standalone success is just crazy story.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
IdleMaster didn't change this. There were a couple ways to circumvent this before. Where IdleMaster comes into play is 'setting it and forgetting it' by queueing up your games and idling one after another.

Previously you had to idle each game individually

I've been away for a while and lost most of the "development" phase of IdleMaster, but damn JShackles, that's a really great piece of software. No longer I have to manually run Steam Achievement Manager and check every couple of minutes.

I didn't start using it yet, but can I/should I leave Steam running while running the Idler?

2) the Witcher boardgame alpha (beta?). Is it playable yet? Or is the alpha (beta?) Coming soon.

If anyone have a spare code, I'll buy it off you. Im really looking forward to playing that.

It's playable and solid, if not particularly exciting. It's the kind of game you play while doing something else, because each turn can take a long time; not Civ long, but it is a boardgame. It would benefit greatly from voice chat or hot seat, neither of which are implemented at this stage.

I gave my spare key away using mudbutt a while back, sorry!

L.O.R.D

jshackles
is it normal that idle master is opening a game that i didn't install it ?
i thought it only work with installed games

that great, now i don't have to worry about non installed games again

jshackles
is it normal that idle master is opening a game that i didn't install it ?
i thought it only work with installed games

that great, now i don't have to worry about non installed games again

One of the big advantages is that the games do not have to be installed actually.

Shadownet

Banned
Have fun.

No one should enter this. Its not worth it.

This isn't the beta you are looking for. *Jedi mind trick*

It's playable and solid, if not particularly exciting. It's the kind of game you play while doing something else, because each turn can take a long time; not Civ long, but it is a boardgame. It would benefit greatly from voice chat or hot seat, neither of which are implemented at this stage.

I gave my spare key away using mudbutt a while back, sorry!

Ah thank you for the impression, I still want to find a chance to try it first hand. And its no problem :)

Also Keanu<3 I love that guy.

kudoboi

woah CSGO is at #3 on the steam top sellers. what caused that game to peak out of nowhere? i don't think it was even in the top 10 the day before

Lain

1) have anyone play Wildstar? How is it?

I played the Beta. It was good looking, with some interesting things, but boring in the end for me. Maybe it changed after release, but I can say I haven't felt any need to go out and buy it, and I like MMOs.

jshackles

I've been away for a while and lost most of the "development" phase of IdleMaster, but damn JShackles, that's a really great piece of software. No longer I have to manually run Steam Achievement Manager and check every couple of minutes.

I didn't start using it yet, but can I/should I leave Steam running while running the Idler?

Yes, you'll need to have Steam open (and be logged in) for it to work.

Idle Master is essentially a Steamworks application, with a variable AppID. So if you launch it without Steam open, it'll throw an error message.

Wildstar is fun if you like traditional MMO gameplay. It has really nice art, and if you're into the humour it could also be pretty funny.

A kind GAFer gave me a trial key, but unfortunately the game wasn't for me.

Jesus that's a lot of kills (in RE: Revalitions in case anyone is wondering).

If kills take as long as a traditional RE game... oh my goodness.

That is definitely an achievement, well done L.O.R.D..

I followed up on the Stomping Land on Steam, since the concept and the gameplay video I had seen when it launched, looked surprising. I was wondering where the game went after the initial first week of hype.

Well, turns out the developers haven't updated for weeks, are nowhere to be found, and the game is pretty much abandoned.

Fucking dinosaurs man, we're never going to see a good survival game with them are we?

Dr Dogg

I actually enjoy what people are playing. It only gets annoying said person is testing PC settings or something like that with a continuous popup.

I got a message once when I was testing out my 21:9 Dark Souls resolutions with DSFix and WideScreen Fixer and keep going on and off line so much that the message consisted of "STOP FUCKING CHEATING!!! IF YOU SUCK AT THE GAME THEN PLAY OFFLINE" or something to that effect. Dude is cool now that I explained things to him hahaha.

Shadownet

Banned
I played the Beta. It was good looking, with some interesting things, but boring in the end for me. Maybe it changed after release, but I can say I haven't felt any need to go out and buy it, and I like MMOs.

Yeah that's why I stop playing Tera Online and Guild Wars 2. It got too boring.

You can grab a week long demo key from here and check it out yourself - http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/547/Wildstar-7-Day-Free-Pass-Giveaway.html

Awesome :D thanks! Can the key be redeem later? I have some plans that will keep me away next week.

I liked it more than FFXIV?

That feels like a bad answer.

Another MMO I've been meaning to check out. (Whenever it goes free.)

I followed up on the Stomping Land on Steam, since the concept and the gameplay video I had seen when it launched, looked surprising. I was wondering where the game went after the initial first week of hype.

Well, turns out the developers haven't updated for weeks, are nowhere to be found, and the game is pretty much abandoned.

Fucking dinosaurs man, we're never going to see a good survival game with them are we?

News like this, as well as the saga that is the Confederate Express Kickstarter, makes me feel like this is the grim future of Early Access releases. (Note: I know the two don't actually have much in common.)

And it'll all be OK, because buyers were warned on the store page.

kudoboi

there is apparently this

http://steamcommunity.com/app/263440/discussions/0/35219681468344774/

from kickstarter
Dear [Deleted]

We are currently in the process of seeking legal action against the alias known as "Alex Fundora" we have discovered he is a known Ukrainian fraud, as for the "Early Access" program on the Steam platform; we are communicating with their legal team and advising them to take legal action against this individual as the party had illegally signed digital content release forms with an alias.

Regards - Yancey Strickler

Nabs

I got a message once when I was testing out my 21:9 Dark Souls resolutions with DSFix and WideScreen Fixer and keep going on and off line so much that the message consisted of "STOP FUCKING CHEATING!!! IF YOU SUCK AT THE GAME THEN PLAY OFFLINE" or something to that effect. Dude is cool now that I explained things to him hahaha.

Dark Souls at 21:9 is worth the drama.

L.O.R.D

If kills take as long as a traditional RE game... oh my goodness.

That is definitely an achievement, well done L.O.R.D..
thanks
and it have to be in Raid mode
easy , but it will take long long time
high level character with overpowered weapons in Trench difficulty
most monsters will die from 4-6 shots from AK-47 (level 48)

Vuze

Far Cry 4 and AC Unity at number 5 and 6 in the top sellers *sigh*

That's how I feel... WHY

-

Btw, is Warner known for region-locking their games? Shadow of Mordor looks interesting, but backlog and wallet say "no" atm. Hope it will remain region-free.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Another MMO I've been meaning to check out. (Whenever it goes free.)

It has(had?) like 2million subs as of a couple months ago. I don't see XIV going free anytime soon, thats for sure. Hell, XI coasted on only a couple hundred thousand subs for many years there and still managed to be SE's most profitable game in that era. (In short, they're going to hold on to that sub fee for dear life unless it drops below even XI numbers, which I don't see happening any time soon. Frankly the game is too good for it to lose that kind of popularity)

Turfster

The Colin McRae Rally that got released today on Steam is not the original PC version, but something based on last year's mobile version? What.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You can even buy with the russian price by simply using a VPN. A russian payment method/russian credit card/russian bank account isn't needed on GOG to do that.

Yeah, but there's the lingering possibility of GOG not taking kindly to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom