• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

Zky's opinion of certain South Americans:

mTjh7B8.png

o_O:

I'd watch my back if I were you, Salsa. :p

Sarcasm

So accidentally hit a GMG link expecting what I have been getting, "You can not visit this page" thing since they block my country I live in.

Page loads up fine. I check to see if I have a VPN up and nope.

Wonder if this is a fluke!

Sch1sm

Gotta leave room for that prequel title!

EDIT: And it should obviously be a 3-5 part episodic series.

The first installment should be called Before Freddy Was Freddy, following the descent to madness in a similar trend to Neverending Nightmares. More fast paced, of course. Not as good a soundtrack.

I have only played the first, and I didn't even find it all that enjoyable in hang aspect. Dunno what crowd it is that's giving them the numbers necessary to signal developing more FNAF games.
So accidentally hit a GMG link expecting what I have been getting, "You can not visit this page" thing since they block my country I live in.

Page loads up fine. I check to see if I have a VPN up and nope.

Wonder if this is a fluke!

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The first installment should be called Before Freddy Was Freddy, following the descent to madness in a similar trend to Neverending Nightmares. More fast paced, of course. Not as good a soundtrack.

I have only played the first, and I didn't even find it all that enjoyable in hang aspect. Dunno what crowd it is that's giving them the numbers necessary to signal developing more FNAF games.

The original game was a bit of a phenomenon on Youtube - mostly just reaction videos like "Your grandma plays Five Nights at Freddy's" getting millions of hits. The rest of the games in the series haven't been (I don't think, anyway) very special or noteworthy rather than just being more of the same.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I'm more concerned about the heat envelope and performance differences between notebook and desktop GPUs, to be honest. I did at one time prefer gaming on a laptop for the convenience since I was on the move a lot with a busy social life and college work, but now that LANs aren't happening every couple of weeks, I can't see myself investing in a "gaming" laptop when the desktop serves my purposes far better.

But really, it's all about whatever works best for people and how they work/play!

My old Asus got hot, but never overheated. Even in LA heat, with no AC.

where's that zky shit from?

geralt looks so fucking cool with that haircut

Eh. I go with medium length messy.

What is the context of this?

Someone in here was interested in Pro Cycling Manager, right?
Gameplanet have 2013 for £1.75, and 2014 for £3.75

That was me and I bought the shit out of them this morning, so awesome. Downloading now. Thanks though!

Oh shit, I'm already dead.

lbzR8Px.jpg

I AM THE KING OF THIS WORLD

No

FuV08RA.png

Get on my level.

Dr Dogg

So just hooked up my 120hz monitor for the first time in ages and 2 observations. What the fuck have I been doing mucking about with 60hz display's for? And there are far, far, far more games locked to 60fps than there are ones at 30, of course the Framerate Cops have shitty standards and only go after the easy pickings!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuHfVn_cfHU

And like all things that have been posted ad nausium it's over stayed it's welcome.

Edit: Aaaand of course L.O.R.D beats me to the punch.

So just hooked up my 120hz monitor for the first time in ages and 2 observations. What the fuck have I been doing mucking about with 60hz display's for? And there are far, far, far more games locked to 60fps than there are ones at 30, of course the Framerate Cops have shitty standards and only go after the easy pickings!

Oh noes, 60fps lock, the horror. T_T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuHfVn_cfHU

And like all things that have been posted ad nausium it's over stayed it's welcome.

Edit: Aaaand of course L.O.R.D beats me to the punch.

Go through the thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1054415

It even has some amazing and funny edits.

Dr Dogg

Oh noes, 60fps lock, the horror. T_T

Because sometime frost there really is no need to have these locks in place. How about I sell you a car with 2 of the gears locked off or how about a house with 2 of the bedrooms cemented shut. They could be used and be functional. Maybe not as much so as the rest but functional nonetheless.

Momentary

Banned
Because sometime frost there really is no need to have these locks in place. How about I sell you a car with 2 of the gears locked off or how about a house with 2 of the bedrooms cemented shut. They could be used and be functional. Maybe not as much so as the rest but functional nonetheless.

Or how about a house with cement in all the toilets.

Just cause you bought a Ferrari doesn't entitle you to drive it anywhere you want as fast as you want. Go ahead, get on the interstate and get her up to 160. You won't be smiling anymore when the cops show up and drag your ass to jail. ;)

As for your analogies, maybe the car has the gears locked off so the engine doesn't explode turning you into a giant fireball moving @ 120 mph. Or maybe the bedrooms were cemented shut because there's open portals to Hell in each of them with hordes of angry demons waiting to rip out your soul and chew on it for eternity. :p

Momentary

Banned
Just cause you bought a Ferrari doesn't entitle you to drive it anywhere you want as fast as you want. Go ahead, get on the interstate and get her up to 160. You won't be smiling anymore when the cops show up and drag your ass to jail. ;)

That's why you go with the track only 599XX Evoluzione and you can go as fast as you want every time you get in the car... cause it's track only.

Dr Dogg

Or how about a how with cement in all the toilets.

Hahaha. I suppose that analogy works. Sure you can take a shit but that shit will be hanging around for ever and ever.

Except if I had my own racetrack I could fuck around as fast as I wanted. My PC, my racetrack. What I do in my land is my business. Sure if I wanted to play a competitive game online at a higher framrate and lower latency than others playing that's unfair but if I want a smoother experience and a game is completely capable of it but has been artificially limited surely you can see how someone would be disappointed (I'm not a frothing at the mouth lunatic you know!)?

Turfster

O look, a new critical windows vulnerability.
Again in something Adobe related.
Sigh.

In other news, the Gamesplanet summer sale deals rolled over.
Both Monkey Island games are still 75% off
Note that their Alpha Protocol isn't a Steam key.

not Steam related but I know some of you keep track of prices and sales...does Dragon Age: Inquisition go on sale frequently or has it just been rare since release? I know it's at least been 50% off before.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

As for your analogies, maybe the car has the gears locked off so the engine doesn't explode turning you into a giant fireball moving @ 120 mph. Or maybe the bedrooms were cemented shut because there's open portals to Hell in each of them with hordes of angry demons waiting to rip out your soul and chew on it for eternity. :p

WuNhgbv.gif

Hahaha. I suppose that analogy works. Sure you can take a shit but that shit will be hanging around for ever and ever.

Except if I had my own racetrack I could fuck around as fast as I wanted. My PC, my racetrack. What I do in my land is my business. Sure if I wanted to play a competitive game online at a higher framrate and lower latency than others playing that's unfair but if I want a smoother experience and a game is completely capable of it but has been artificially limited surely you can see how someone would be disappointed (I'm not a frothing at the mouth lunatic you know!)?

Well, unless you designed your own racetrack and hired contractors to build it to your specifications, that doesn't work either.

I get the desire -- you bought a high end piece of technology and want to make use of it because you prefer the added benefits of said technology. But just because you bought it doesn't mean the games are designed for it and will support it. You might as well go get an occulus rift or whatever the VR technologies are these days and then complain that all your PC games don't support it. :p

Note that I know you're not a frothing at the mouth lunatic -- or maybe you are, since I actually like you. ^_^

Dr Dogg

Hahaha hey I'm a sensible chap, I know if I go breaking these locks I do so at my own risk. If it end up with me being violated by a group of hellspawn well that's my stupid fault but hey I weigh up the risk and take notes on behaviour before anything goes boom.

Well, unless you designed your own racetrack and hired contractors to build it to your specifications, that doesn't work either.

I get the desire -- you bought a high end piece of technology and want to make use of it because you prefer the added benefits of said technology. But just because you bought it doesn't mean the games are designed for it and will support it. You might as well go get an occulus rift or whatever the VR technologies are these days and then complain that all your PC games don't support it. :p

Note that I know you're not a frothing at the mouth lunatic -- or maybe you are, since I actually like you. ^_^

So here's how things go. I fire up a game, find it limited, see how it's limited, find out if I can remove it myself, if not check the interwebs to see if it's possible to remove. If not it's no biggie I'll still play the game, the 30fps locked ones, christ even the 15fps limited ones if they grab me, but as I said some times it's disappointing because you know the game had the potential to be so much more.

Fixed timesteps and tying your games timing to your target hardware is a backwards and outdated practice that really shouldn't happen in the multiplatform age we're in right now. It made sense when you were making a dedicated Pong console or such like as you gear you timings up to that specific processor (and if it was put on faster hardware it would run quicker) but not when you have variable hardware configurations.

Momentary

Banned
Hahaha hey I'm a sensible chap, I know if I go breaking these locks I do so at my own risk. If it end up with me being violated by a group of hellspawn well that's my stupid fault but hey I weigh up the risk and take notes on behaviour before anything goes boom.

I look at it this way... if they give me 30... I get 4K. If it's rez locked too... then fuck.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-D2E6F9EFEC640F1A - Taken by texhnolyze
Battleplan: American Civil War -- MB-26B2FFD49F7C500F - Taken by gurm3n
Tompi Jones -- MB-DAAACF097BC4F35C - Taken by xGreg

Maniac

Banned
I didn't know Corrosive liked people. I merely thought, at most, he accepted their existence.

How entirely, positively surprising.
ayaFYl6.png
jk I luv u bae

My Windows 10 is still acting shitty. Everytime I shut down the PC and turn it on again, my icons are big as hell, even though in the display options they are set at 100%. So I have to change the slider to 125% and back to 100% and log out of my Windows account so it has the normal size again.

Anyone has a clue what might be causing it?

zkylon

zkylewd
lol glad to know someone played that thing

u guys should try the konami code :p

Now you know that it is functioning properly!

Consult away.

whats you mean

it barely has like 4 recorded bugs

lol

I guess i walked into that...
lol

Fooling around with zkyapp:

Something for Python fans:
perfect display of the machine learning based algorithms and complex ai behind my wonderful app

Zky's opinion of certain South Americans:

o_O:

I'd watch my back if I were you, Salsa. :p
lol that's hilarious

Looks like I didn't miss much besides Zkyapp. That doesn't work on iOS.
really? it's a flash build so should work fine if ur device supports flash

i was gonna make a html5 version but haxeflixel for html5 is super wonky and learning how to use straight html5 haxe would go further than like the half an hour i dedicated to that thing lol

checks out
secret's out salsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom