• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems so far that no one came out winning from the team ninja fallout. Itagaki can't even get a game out without people shaming a publisher into releasing it and team ninja wrecked ninja gaiden. I suppose doa5 is alright except for the PC version being inadequate.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'll have to live with that ...

btw how's your PC? sorry if you already posted and I missed.

It lives. My parents agreed -- well, insisted -- that we split the cost of a replacement PSU given the likelihood that my nephews stuffed it up. That's a ~$250 hit from my tax return, but:

In other news, I'm seriously considering buying Acer's 27" IPS G-Sync monitor and finally retiring my trusty-but-rusty Dell 22". I'll probably have to pick up a second 980, though: judging from the benchmarks I've seen, I'll generally be looking at a performance drop of around 40% going from 1680x1050 to 2560x1440. In something like Rogue that's not really going to matter, but The Witcher 3 will probably be unplayable without significant reductions in settings. I haven't been working many shifts lately, though, and it's going to be quiet for another 2-3 weeks, so I may have to *gasp* slow down on buying Steam games for a little while so I can get 980 #2 sooner rather than later (eBay prices aren't too bad -- around $550 inclusive of shipping if you get lucky).

Rogue performs exemplary, as does Talos, so -- well, me being... me -- I have weeks before I have to worry about how The Witcher 3 performs at 1440p. Build quality seems a bit iffy for earlier adopters, but the monitor isn't available anywhere for another week or two, so with any luck I should find myself with an acceptable unit.

edited: the day will come, when every game will be on PC, Jasec told me so.

That's the idea. Practically infinite backwards compatibility is ideal!

Edit:
Convert the files from .dat to .psarc.

Cheers. One of mates has been smashing Rocksmith 2014 like there's no tomorrow and I said I'd look into the possibility of carrying over all of the Rocksmith 2012 DLC (easily my biggest purchase of the Summer Sale).

So if I already have a game downloaded, how do I get Steam to link to it without re downloading the whole? Just moving hard drives and Steam doesn't think it's installed anymore

Ozium

had to post because Devil's fucking Third f2p multiplayer on steam confirmed SON
jshackles better put my write up in the OP son
was telling kurt russel it was gonna be multiplayer f2p on PC in steam chat earlier today son
he said no that steamdb thing was wrong
I said BELIEVE

15aa7f4efd6e138b77f0a4a721eb54a9.gif

YshfcMw.gif

had to post because Devil's fucking Third f2p multiplayer on steam confirmed SON
was telling kurt russel it was gonna be multiplayer f2p on PC in steam chat earlier today son
I said BELIEVE

15aa7f4efd6e138b77f0a4a721eb54a9.gif

YshfcMw.gif

Ozium please, where's my story mode? I need that beautiful big black man.

So if I already have a game downloaded, how do I get Steam to link to it without re downloading the whole? Just moving hard drives and Steam doesn't think it's installed anymore

You add the new folder you moved it to in the preferences for steam under steam libraries.

I said BELIEVE

So much for that "I'm leaving and never coming back and I mean it for realsies not like these other people" bit, eh? :p

And Hitman Contracts really peters out at the end. They actually reuse a map from like 2 missions ago again and it's a map I didn't care much for in the first place. Seems like they rushed out the last 1/3 of the missions just to say they had a full retail game out there and not an expansion pack. Shame, really, because even though the missions had little to do with each other up to this point they seems well thought out and varied.

I guess I'll take this slight disappointment with me to Blood Money.

Dumb question time: Can I import Rocksmith 2012 DLC into Rocksmith 2014?

Depends on the song, but most of them just show up automatically in Rocksmith 2014.

Seems like Steam recently changed some of the DLC requirements, too, so for most Rocksmith DLC songs you don't even have to own Rocksmith, as there are people on 2014 that want to play original Rocksmith DLC without owning Rocksmith.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Depends on the song, but most of them just show up automatically in Rocksmith 2014.

Seems like Steam recently changed some of the DLC requirements, too, so for most Rocksmith DLC songs you don't even have to own Rocksmith, as there are people on 2014 that want to play original Rocksmith DLC without owning Rocksmith.

Good to hear! Cheers.

Sch1sm

Off-Topic sometimes makes want to bash my head with my keyboard. :p

They can give you great relationship advice. Then again, any game with a marriage system can teach you all that as effectively. You should know by now that they always spiral down quickly. Judging by the cheating threads, I'd say go play some Witcher.

ASIC value indicates overclocking capability, the higher the value, the higher a card can go with the same power/voltage setting.

Every card has different ASIC values, and now EVGA decides to price them differently.

That seems kind of messed up, but I guess it being a lottery now isn't that great, either. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Grief.exe

"Anime sometimes makes me want to bash my head with my keyboard." -All the Anime haters in this thread

Off-Topic sometimes makes want to bash my head with my keyboard. :p

Also this thread.

gross (I imagined zkylon saying that in my head)

Has anyone seen this thread?

I didn't realize that GAF was full of such hatred and vitriol. :/

Try to keep it on topic, possibly consolidate the posts or include some on topic discussion along with these.

Let's do our part to clean up the thread.

And Hitman Contracts really peters out at the end. They actually reuse a map from like 2 missions ago again and it's a map I didn't care much for in the first place. Seems like they rushed out the last 1/3 of the missions just to say they had a full retail game out there and not an expansion pack. Shame, really, because even though the missions had little to do with each other up to this point they seems well thought out and varied.

I guess I'll take this slight disappointment with me to Blood Money.

Liked your previous posts outlining the well designed Contracts missions.

I've played parts of Blood Money years ago on Xbox, but I need to buckle down and play these games. I know I would enjoy them.

Are we acting like getting Devil's Third on PC is some kind of win?

I kind of take all games coming to PC as a win, but I haven't looked into this one at all. Is it terrible?

That seems kind of messed up, but I guess it being a lottery now isn't that great, either. I'm not sure how I feel about it.
72 and 80 don't really have a significant overclocking difference, slightly raise your voltage setting could even it. This is just a way to scale the price up.

Besides, 80+ is a lottery of its own, it could be anything from 80 to 90-something.

I kind of take all games coming to PC as a win, but I haven't looked into this one at all. Is it terrible?

I'm sure you consider 30fps locks, 60 fps locks, missing effects, and resolution locks as a win as well. :3

Out of all the games on WiiU that would be a win for coming to PC (Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, even ZombiU), I don't think Devil's Third is among them -- especially as a F2P multiplayer only endeavor.

Miguel81

Batman AO has been running pretty smoothly(just finished the sewer section beneath the GCPD. From what I'd read a while back, I was expecting the Deathstroke fight to be a pain but that really wasn't the case. The regular brawl fights, though, are just now beefing up with a larger variety of enemy types, and this might take some time to get a hang of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom