• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

IIRC, the original definition of 'romance' (at least as it pertained to stories/plays/whatever) had nothing to with love, sexing, or waifus at all.

Language evolves. Or devolves. Or... is left 4 dead.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So will relationships be interesting in F4? It will it be as empty as Skyrim? The I have a necklace lets get married because I need someone in my house was pretty bad.

The lead writer for Fallout 4 is the same Fallout 3 and Skyrim so...don't set high expectations.

Luckily, that's what mods are for.

Caerith

So will relationships be interesting in F4? It will it be as empty as Skyrim? The I have a necklace lets get married because I need someone in my house was pretty bad.

Two possibilities exist: either they decided, when making Skyrim, "hey let's make relationships lame so people will be really surprised when we make them good in Fallout 4," or they did the best they could. Either way, I'm sure they'll do their best.

Knurek

BYZKyza.png

I love how the needed to clarify the issue and how sad the writer sounds.

Hey, if Bioware lets me romance everything that moves (and hey, I wouldn't mind hanar romance in ME4), why won't Bethesda let me romance some super mutants? :(

zkylon

zkylewd
The lead writer for Fallout 4 is the same Fallout 3 and Skyrim so...don't set high expectations.

Luckily, that's what mods are for.
despite of all the wonderful things they have given us, mods can't fix terrible writing

luckily, that's what obsidian is for :>

Hey, if Bioware lets me romance everything that moves (and hey, I wouldn't mind hanar romance in ME4), why won't Bethesda let me romance some super mutants? :(
super muties are lame

i think i could grow to love a gentle ghoul tho

or a brahmin

Caerith

despite of all the wonderful things they have given us, mods can't fix terrible writing

luckily, that's what obsidian is for :>

yeah but obsidian's plate is kinda full now, i kinda don't expect they'll make a full fallout anytime soon. best we can hope for is a NV spinoff VN dating sim where you play as Fisto.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, what they were for.

http://www.pcgamer.com/chris-avellone-leaves-obsidian/

That, and they have a bunch of other projects.

why would you remind me that

now i have to go cry in the bathroom again

yeah but obsidian's plate is kinda full now, i kinda don't expect they'll make a full fallout anytime soon. best we can hope for is a NV spinoff VN dating sim where you play as Fisto.

lol that actually i think beth could manage on their own

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of someguyinahat, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (someguyinahat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Time Mysteries: Inheritance Remastered -- MB-5F489D144A06E25A - Taken by chronomac. 3 entrants total.
Grim Legends: the Forsaken Bride -- MB-3CC01DC8CC8460DD - Taken by nightstorm. 8 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep 2 Siren's Call -- MB-C4B5ED7D4E41733B - Taken by billmcdougal. 4 entrants total.

t1438290157z1.png

derExperte

Marvellous Miss-Take finished. Never got into the groove of things, never really used the gadgets, behaviour of the guards was too random, fuck the dogs, not a fan of jazzy music in general, spotty performance. Glad I'm done. 5/10

Miff

Did anybody get into the alpha/beta for this?

I was sure I would get in. My CV and Covering Letter were perfect.

Yeah I got in the FF beta. Not sure if I can answer much (if anything) without reviewing the T&Cs, but I guess people will see for themselves next week.

Turfster

i find it so annoying that rpgs have made romance into a verb

Dude, we should band together to string up Win10's marketing people.
They commit actual crimes against language.

Windows 10 get.

what works, what doesn't? do we have a comprehensive post yet?

I just put it on the win7 HTPC, and after the upgrade, it CANNOT see the onboard NIC, and you CANNOT get drivers without getting on the internet, apparently. Well done, fuckmooks. /s

zkylon

zkylewd
Marvellous Miss-Take finished. Never got into the groove of things, never really used the gadgets, behaviour of the guards was too random, fuck the dogs, not a fan of jazzy music in general, spotty performance. Glad I'm done. 5/10
outch

i actually find the guards random behaviour pretty interesting. it was meant to try and force you out of waiting for patrol patterns and get you more involved by distracting them and crap but i feel like it only kind of half works and ends up being a bit frustrating

it's the one thing that i found really interesting about the game

I'd more want Obsidian to kickstarter their own Fallout-like game at this point anyway.
yeah, tbh, i'd much rather this, although obviously can't deny the appeal of full 3d rendered of like my favorite series is something i can always look forward to

like, i don't mind the fixed isometric thing and i appreciate what it allows developers to do, but i don't really prefer it

also i think i'd rather obs did their own thing rather than just project eternity: post apoc edition

something awesome from the beautiful minds of jesawyer and tim cain

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Well, they got ahead of you, Kickstarted it and already released it :p

Pillars of Eternity does a sharp uturn at some point in the game and stops being garbage low fantasy* and becomes awesome post apocalyptic sci-fi?

*Statement is an indictment against the fantasy genre, which is garbage, and not against Obsidian, which is top-tier.

allow me to be more specific

What Games Are Broken

That's what I was talking about: Everything works unless the Universe hates you.

I'm not sure I've seen anything in here saying anything was broken straight up.

--

Keys added to groupees:

× Steam keys for Super Star Path have been added.
× Steam keys for VolChaos have been added.

MUnited83

For you.
Pillars of Eternity does a sharp uturn at some point in the game and stops being garbage low fantasy* and becomes awesome post apocalyptic sci-fi?

*Statement is an indictment against the fantasy genre, which is garbage, and not against Obsidian, which is top-tier.
They did co-develop Wasteland 2 :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Dude, we should band together to string up Win10's marketing people.
They commit actual crimes against language.
lol that's ridiculous

actually i dont care much about language or whatever, it's just that use of the word that really annoys me

like having a relationship with a character is like a checkbox you unlock and it's done, it's a really crappy way rpgs have systemized character relationships that i find kind of disturbing, really

think the closest you'd get with not-fallout fallout is Wasteland 2.
i mean, yeah and no

haven't gotten taht far in w2 but from what i played it didn't completely feel like fallout, specially the multi-character thing and all the focus in combat

Well, they got ahead of you, Kickstarted it and already released it :p
i mean, eternity looks awesome but also feels a bit to me like it's still riding on bg's shoulders

i want something 100% obs

like alpha protocol, which was a million percent amazing

ooooh, sick burn.
:<

kevin1025

Banned
None that i've tried.

Those games being:

1)Chivalry
2)LiS
3) Ys VI
4) Shadow Warrior
5) Terraria
6) Heroes of the storm
7) 100% OJ
8) ARK

I'll try some more later, or tomorrow.

I'm having trouble with Dirt Rally. It says now that the Steam servers aren't ready, whatever that means.

Edit: looked into it, apparently verifying cache fixes that. Disregard likely!

Caerith

What's garbage about fantasy? Serious question. Is it just that it's a genre for lazy people, or is there something inherently wrong with it?

I've been waiting for both wasteland 2 and Divinity:OS to get controller support because I live that life. D:OS has just been sitting there, just looking at me funny every time i load something with real cool controller support

zkylon

zkylewd
personally i don't enjoy high fantasy much

and dark fantasy i'm pretty ehh about too, specailly with game of thrones just dragging it through the mud lol

i really like how the witcher manages to do a bit of both while feeling mostly original, but i think that's the one exception, despite liking dragon age 1 a lot i still think the world was kind of dull

morningbus

What's garbage about fantasy? Serious question. Is it just that it's a genre for lazy people, or is there something inherently wrong with it?

I'm just joking because it isn't my personal taste. I fall pretty hard on the sci-fi side of the sci-fi/fantasy debate, even disliking things that are ostensibly sci-fi on the surface, but are actually more fantasy stories, like Star Wars.

If you want me to break it down further, I think I dislike the amount of wiggle room fantasy universes have. At their worst it feels like they can insert nearly any dumb thing and not have to explain it. At least with sci-fi universes they have to explain the dumb shit.

Caerith

personally i don't enjoy high fantasy much

and dark fantasy i'm pretty ehh about too, specailly with game of thrones just dragging it through the mud lol

i really like how the witcher manages to do a bit of both while feeling mostly original, but i think that's the one exception, despite liking dragon age 1 a lot i still think the world was kind of dull
Kinda surprising that the Witcher feels mostly original when it's pretty much entirely not. It's got elves, it's got dwarves, it's got a setting that is largely made by pasting together every fairy and folk tale ever.

I'm just joking because it isn't my personal taste. I fall pretty hard on the sci-fi side of the sci-fi/fantasy debate, even disliking things that are ostensibly sci-fi on the surface, but are actually more fantasy stories, like Star Wars.

If you want me to break it down further, I think I dislike the amount of wiggle room fantasy universes have. At their worst it feels like they can insert nearly any dumb thing and not have to explain it. At least with sci-fi universes they have to explain the dumb shit.

So what you really dislike is bad or lazy writing, and fantasy is a magnet for it?

morningbus

So what you really dislike is bad or lazy writing, and fantasy is a magnet for it?

Yeah, probably because it's a magnet for it.

I'd probably be fine if we could explain the fantasy world as being some weird planet in the universe, buy I wouldn't want to spend any appreciable time there all the same.

And if there is something explained by magic, I'm out.

zkylon

zkylewd
Kinda surprising that the Witcher feels mostly original when it's pretty much entirely not. It's got elves, it's got dwarves, it's got a setting that is largely made by pasting together every fairy and folk tale ever.
well i feel it's cos it makes everything interesting through good writing and good visual design (probably sound too, but i dont understand much about that)

i mean, it's still fantasy and it's gotta have all that stuff, like sci fi has robots or spacesihps or whatever, but the way it presents elves and dwarves and crap is super cool that it feels very fresh to me

Yeah, probably because it's a magnet for it.

I'd probably be fine if we could explain the fantasy world as being some weird planet in the universe, buy I wouldn't want to spend any appreciable time there all the same.

And if there is something explained by magic, I'm out.
what do u feel about planescape or arcanum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom