• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't want to wait for Happy Hour to save, what, a dollar? Here, have my duplicates. Two of them are good! One is...um...not that good. If you look back through my old posts for impressions, you'll know which!

Let me guess, Time Mysteries? I just played through that one yesterday and it's definitely not as good as their newer games. A lot of times I had difficulty finding objects, and not because they are well hidden, but because they didn't look anything like what the word says.

derExperte

0m234lL.png

Stay safe SteamGAF.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Rocket League does DLC right

Some free, some paid

Has Rocket League infiltrated your dreams yet? Give it time. It'll happen.

Patrick showed us the upcoming Utopia Coliseum, but developer Psyonix has more in store for early August. A free update will add that arena plus Spectator Mode, updated Goal explosions and Demolitions, 70+ country flags, and the song "Firework" by Hollywood Principle. Free is good.

There's also paid content coming up. The Supersonic Fury DLC ($3.99) unleashes the American muscle car Dominus and the slick Japanese street racer Takumi, six decals for each, and new customization options (rocket boosts, wheels, paint types) for the full vehicle lineup.

I bet some folks will pay for this just to reward Psyonix for making such a compelling game.

Let me guess, Time Mysteries? I just played through that one yesterday and it's definitely not as good as their newer games. A lot of times I had difficulty finding objects, and not because they are well hidden, but because they didn't look anything like what the word says.

Not gonna answer that because I actually want these games to get claimed.

It's totally Time Mysteries...but if you're reading this and don't have it yet, just enter for it!

Tier 1's not great for me (already have two of the games, but not their DLC), and I have Gurumin from Tier 2. If anyone has duplicates, I have a copy of Screencheat I would trade for one of the other Tier 2 games (either one is fine).

Tizoc

I only want Gurumin as well. I have everything else I want from that bundle.

Well....test your luck ;)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gurumin -- MB-8D313DDC42137758 - Taken by Werd. 19 entrants total.
The Sacred Tears TRUE -- MB-6EC1CEAF96762296 - Taken by Deques. 18 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-E68E2DD4FA698264
VP Lilith DLC -- MB-EB007269323799D6 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 2 entrants total.
99 Spirits Special Edition -- MB-2F59BADDDE8B4F7B - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
VP Hilda Rize DLC -- MB-28C12913F5400ED5 - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.

t1438291117z1.png

I know port-begging is frowned upon but what can I say? I want yet unavailable games to be ported to PC. So what, so what I say?!

It's not port begging when the company is literally telling you they're going to port something.

It's just port asking and requesting now, freshv, child, hush and be calm. things are looking up

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Animu game bundle eh? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oof, the gurumin raffle isn't a free for all...do I dare enter for that one like everyone else? Or do I attempt the consolation Sacred Tears == TRUE; for a low-risk alternative? Friggin' game theory.

madjoki

Oof, the gurumin raffle isn't a free for all...do I dare enter for that one like everyone else? Or do I attempt the consolation Sacred Tears == TRUE; for a low-risk alternative? Friggin' game theory.

I'd say more have Gurumin (due to vote thingy) than Sacred Tears. So it would be higher risk alternative.

Grief.exe

Really? I thought just basically saying nothing besides "I want xy game on my platform of choice!" (which I do hah) is the best/worst kind of port begging?!

Port begging is defined as going into an existing thread and disrupting the discussion to get the game on your platform of choice.

For example, going into the DQXI thread and asking for a PC port would be port begging.

Discussing potential PC ports in Steam thread or threads dedicated to the topic is not port begging.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Really? I thought just basically saying nothing besides "I want xy game on my platform of choice!" is the best/worst kind of port begging?!

The context is important, though. Especially in this case, where the discussion itself is about ports, it can't be port begging.

But more broadly, it's only port begging if it effectively messes up a thread or is otherwise unreasonable. A game funded or otherwise owned by Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft, for example.

Asking for the Nintendo game on your system of choice is unreasonable. Or, in the case of Microsoft, who do often release their games additionally on PC, if it is inhibiting discussion of the main topic.

Beyond that, I'd even go so far as to say that beyond the unreasonable begging, PC port begging doesn't exist or, at the very least, comes from a different place than console port begging. Console port begging is literally complaining that something isn't being released on your branded box of choice. The consoles are at this point nearly indistinguishable and offer basically the same features.

With PC port begging, there are plenty of reason beyond simply wanting something on your platform of choice. The forwards compatibility, better image quality, mods, etc et al.

But that last part is just my opinion on the matter.

Port begging is defined as going into an existing thread and disrupting the discussion to get the game on your platform of choice.

For example, going into the DQXI thread and asking for a PC port would be port begging.

Discussing potential PC ports in Steam thread or threads dedicated to the topic is not port begging.
The context is important, though. Especially in this case, where the discussion itself is about ports, it can't be port begging.

But more broadly, it's only port begging if it effectively messes up a thread or is otherwise unreasonable. A game funded or otherwise owned by Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft, for example.

Asking for the Nintendo game on your system of choice is unreasonable. Or, in the case of Microsoft, who do often release their games additionally on PC, if it is inhibiting discussion of the main topic.

Beyond that, I'd even go so far as to say that beyond the unreasonable begging, PC port begging doesn't exist or, at the very least, comes from a different place than console port begging. Console port begging is literally complaining that something isn't being released on your branded box of choice. The consoles are at this point nearly indistinguishable and offer basically the same features.

With PC port begging, there are plenty of reason beyond simply wanting something on your platform of choice. The forwards compatibility, better image quality, mods, etc et al.

But that last part is just my opinion on the matter.
Sweet, learn something new everyday. I was really hesitant when I posted here that I want Yakuza games and Dragon's Dogma. But since it is the Steam thread I can dwell on dreams of getting PC ports more easily now. Yeah, in doses of course, not every post asking for a game to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom