• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

max payne 2 sure looks good for such an old game

mpk4j3p.jpg

Beautiful. You're using the correct mod to get true 16:9 too.

Grief.exe

i got a steam controller and man these old games are fun to play with it, i still have return to castle wolfenstein, shogo, doom 3 to go through, all of those run well too with mods

Post more screenshots when you get a chance.

Are you downsampling that Max Payne image? Any other mods other than aspect ratio rendering fix?

Anteater

Post more screenshots when you get a chance.

Are you downsampling that Max Payne image? Any other mods other than aspect ration rendering fix?

no downsampling, and no mods other than injecting hbao+ (it bleeds through fog tho)

I did downsample for Max Payne 1 but not 2

I mostly run everything at my native resolution (1080p) these days so I don't have to adjust settings to get good performance (I only have a mid end card), I just crank up msaa if I wanna get rid of the jaggies, because the old games are really weird, I got framerate drops when there are fire/smoke on screen with doom 3 when I run it at high resolution like 2880x1620 even when it runs well mostly.

Honestly I'm very impressed with how good these games (doom 3, max payne 2) look considering how old they are

Doom 3 with mods look awesome especially, but that game is so dark I couldn't take good screenshots lol, it looks great in motion

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I want a good volleyball game on Steam. Was playing Beach Spikers earlier and that would be great in 1080p and some online play. (I wouldn't mind some visual touch ups either)

Anteater

so how long is Umineko When They Cry, is it like Higurashi where there are 4 chapters?

it's confusing how they're releasing a "question arc" but i have no idea what that means in terms of length.

wiki doesn't say anything about a question arc either, I searched even though I run into the risk of getting spoiled.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
so how long is Umineko When They Cry, is it like Higurashi where there are 4 chapters?

it's confusing how they're releasing a "question arc" but i have no idea what that means in terms of length.

wiki doesn't say anything about a question arc either, I searched even though I run into the risk of getting spoiled.

10-15 hours per chapter and sometimes more depending your reading speed.

Question Arc is 1-4 and Answer Arc is 5-8

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this Prison Architect tutorial / campaign seems well made. And the game systems seem very well put together.

How long is this "campaign" anyway, I see theres 5 chapters, I assume its all tutorial stuff tho?

Tizoc

Question if I'm getting this error
Error installing iKernel.exe (0x2000)
When trying to install one of my ye olde PC games from disc, what is the way to fix it? I can't install my old copy of BoF4 onto my lappy because of it :/

Grief.exe

Was browsing the ENB site and saw he updated the San Andreas ENB this year, then did some digging. I can't believe I played this game without ENB.

1459378190_gta_sa%202016-03-08%2018-58-05-08.jpg

1467733512_gallery367.jpg

1467733512_gallery370.jpg

1466891799_1466805164_gallery40.jpg

this Prison Architect tutorial / campaign seems well made. And the game systems seem very well put together.

How long is this "campaign" anyway, I see theres 5 chapters, I assume its all tutorial stuff tho?

I've never actually tried the campaign actually, mainly just played on sandbox.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Was browsing the ENB site and saw he updated the San Andreas ENB this year, then did some digging. I can't believe I played this game without ENB.

1459378190_gta_sa%202016-03-08%2018-58-05-08.jpg

1467733512_gallery367.jpg

1467733512_gallery370.jpg

1466891799_1466805164_gallery40.jpg

Time to reinstall san andreas

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

it automatically started when I booted it up. I havent plkayed it before it was "live" tho maybe thats why?

Rhaknar

Everytime I reinstall it on Windows/Linux it starts up automatically, but I just press escape and load a sandbox.

oh. Why? :(

anyway just from the little they teach you im already really impressed with the systems in play. It seems both complex but easy to use at the same time, is that a fair assessment?

Pachimari

I got stuck in the tutorial... Guess I should give it another go, but now I'm basically holding out for an iPad version.

Do you have a direct link? Guess I'll install the PC version for the first time.

Grief.exe

oh. Why? :(

anyway just from the little they teach you im already really impressed with the systems in play. It seems both complex but easy to use at the same time, is that a fair assessment?

That's just how I enjoy these type of games. I don't want a bunch of exposition and locked content, I just want to dive in and play. Purely subjective.

I will check them out at one point I'm sure.

Do you have a direct link? Guess I'll install the PC version for the first time.

Here's where I was finding those screenshots. Which one would you even pick?

http://www.gtainside.com/sanandreas/mods-554/date/

Platy

Anyone knows if the problem of not being able to use the Story Mode free dlc on Family Share is a problem of Family Share not allowing free dlcs or Capcom ?

dickroach

just did one of those "buy 10 random Steam keys for a couple of bucks" things... again

Septerra Core ($4.99 / 1999 / "Mixed") old school PC JRPG. I remember it being advertised as the "next final fantasy vii" way back when... but it wasn't. been wanting to play it forever.

The I Of The Dragon ($6.99 / 2004 / "Mixed") Steam tags "RPG," "Dragons," and "Singleplayer." ... definitely looks like it's from 2004. maybe cool, but not "worth my time" cool. will probably never play it. "Mixed" reviews

Two Worlds II Castle Defense ($9.99 / 2011 / "Mixed") looks like a cool tower defense game

X-Blades ($9.99 / 2009 / "Mixed") totally almost bought this at used Gamestop for PS3 a few months ago, think it was <$5. hack n slash, like a DMC or something

World War III: Black Gold ($4.99 / 2001 / "Mixed") old RTS game. yawn.

RoBoRumble ($5.99 / 1998 / "Mixed") looks like a game that'd been really cool when it came out, but not so much now

The Troma Project ($6.99 / 2001 / "Mixed") Troma strategy game? weird. probably could get a chuckle or two out of it

Pressure ($7.99 / 2013 / "Mostly Positive") this game looks super cool. arcade-y shoot em up with cars

3SwitcheD ($9.99 / 2012 / "Mostly Negative") bare bones match 3 game. ew

Chicken Shoot Gold ($6.99 / 2003 / "Mixed") corny light-gun game, but with no light gun... so it's just like a point and click shooter. looks like a crappy flash game I'd have played for no more than 2 minutes in 2003.

$3 well spent. last time I did one of these I got nothing good at all.

I already had Septerra Core.
header.jpg

if anyone wants it: 94XIL-2HTRF-ZBHQT
eedit: taken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom