• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

I feel like my Steam queue is actually pretty on point these days. A trip through will usually give me at least one game worth a follow or wishlist that I either haven't ever heard of or have just forgotten.

xist

I was getting through, more or less, a game every couple of weeks until about March/April...then I started Skyrim....I'm not sure that I'll ever find my way out again. Despite the huge and obvious repetition in the quests (If I ever see another Dwemer Ruin it'll be too soon) there's something more-ish about it....

I *think* I'm about 70% done though...so maybe I'll be able to move on in a month or two??? Simultaneously sort of enjoying and sort of not enjoying playing a game feels weird....it was magical to start with but the novelty wears thin.

Ludens

Banned
Man, Dragon Quest Heroes on console can be purchased new for 15-20€ here in Italy (there were two offers already, one for 15€ from a retailer, the other for 20€ from Gamestop, and it's still running), while on Steam the game was only 30% something off.
Digital is not really the cheapest option anymore, considering also you can trade back a console copy if you want.

Call me crazy, but I think the water in Risen 3 looks and feels better than The Witcher 3.
39CByd2.jpg
The game is not that bad either. My only gripe is the combat, it's like the timing combat stuff in The Witcher, but much worse with long animations. After finishing the tutorial area, everything else is sublime so far.

Mivey

Call me crazy, but I think the water in Risen 3 looks and feels better than The Witcher 3.

The game is not that bad either. My only gripe is the combat, it's like the timing combat stuff in The Witcher, but much worse with long animations. After finishing the tutorial area, everything else is sublime so far.
I keep hearing good things about Risen 3, but I just can't get how much I loathed Risen 2. That game was so dreadful near the end.

Just finished playing The Sea Will Claim Everything. Very nice point and click adventure from the writer of the Talos Principle. The basic premise is that you are tasked to help out some islanders as they feel the increasing burden of economic depression caused by their politicians making bad/selfish/greedy choices at the expense of the citizenry. Despite the serious nature of the story, it's really quite funny with a touch of philosophy thrown in. I have no doubt that the situations and thoughts expressed in the game are meant to mirror the increasingly troubled economic situation in Greece over the last few years.

Mivey

My 3DS has stopped working :(

Any good emulators?
About a year or two too early, I'm afraid. Citra is getting there, but is also missing vital performance features like dynamic recompilation. Too inaccurate and too slow for most games yet. Also I think they just newly started on audio stuff.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
About a year or two too early, I'm afraid. Citra is getting there, but is also missing vital performance features like dynamic recompilation. Too inaccurate and too slow for most games yet. Also I think they just newly started on audio stuff.

Damn. I'll have a look at deals.

AHA-Lambda

hmm, umineko is off to a good start.

The build up at the beginning so far is nowhere near as grating as higurashi's is for each of its chapters

Hope this works. Cleaning up my Steam inventory a bit.

ModBot said:
Instructions for CecilRousso:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (CecilRousso, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-C54F655870A7FD84 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 14 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-079115A5B5DCCE59 - Taken by Jalal. 1 entrants total.
Hack 'n' Slash -- MB-611AFE6B9E885F36 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 1 entrants total.
Jagged Alliance 2 - Wildfire -- MB-5F59D28FB4E51740 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Skyward Collapse Complete Edition -- MB-566CAEB85E577D71 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 5 entrants total.

t1468169380z1.png

Mr. Doop

Buy N3DS if possible. Xenoblade Chronicles is amazing.

Also...Amazon keep promoting this Prime Day. I wonder if there will be video game related stuff.

I don't know, I wasn't super impressed with the Xenoblade port. It's just not really the kind of game I want to play on a tiny handheld screen.

Also, I doubt Prime Day will be that much better than last year, but maybe Amazon has learned their lesson. I hope they have actually decent sales this time.

I keep hearing good things about Risen 3, but I just can't get how much I loathed Risen 2. That game was so dreadful near the end.

There's also people who totally hate the game though. But I honestly understand that, as the first few hours is indeed pretty bad. Most people would drop the game before it's opening up on the first to second chapter. It's recommended to install the Enhanced Edition mod, especially for the combat & AI rebalance stuff.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It turns out the devs of Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes are beta-ing a mod kit.

My idea for a mod: A "Guess Who?" inspired module where you see a face and a series of four coloured buttons and the kit maps a face to a name, and a name to buttons.

If you did a grid of 5x5 faces, and constructed them from three characteristics (say, facial shape, eye shape, and expression) each of which had 5 possible combinations (so 125 possible combinations) you'd have good sparsity and good visual presentation.

Additional complexity:
Make the five shapes: circle, square, rectangle, triangle pointing down, triangle pointing up
Five eye shapes: circles with rectangle eyebrows, squares with rectangle eyebrows, down triangles with rectangle eyebrows, up triangles with rectangle eyebrows, rectangles with rectangle unibrow
Expressions: Grin, Smile, Neutral, Frown, Scowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom