• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/ASkX4/free-game-from-amazoncom-10-bonus

You can get a lot of good games for FREE by using Prime trial on Amazon. OF COURSE you need to be a US citizen.

That's really not at all what "free" means. That $10 for trying audible has existed for a while now, and yes, it's a good deal, but it's a $10 credit, that can be used for anything, any time (not to mention you won't get the credit today, it takes a couple days). A list of games under $10 today (while useful on it's own) has nothing to do with that deal. And if you've done that deal already, you can't get any of them free in any other way.

dex3108

Oh it's ten bucks credit. That's not really a loophole guys, it's their promotion. They know you can get it and cancel.

Not sure if I should get Prototype 2 or use it on something practical.

In a way you are right because there will be people who will forget to cancel Prime or Audible so Amazon will get some money from them. Also some of them will stay members.

That's really not at all what "free" means. That $10 for trying audible has existed for a while now, and yes, it's a good deal, but it's a $10 credit, that can be used for anything, any time (not to mention you won't get the credit today, it takes a couple days). A list of games under $10 today (while useful on it's own) has nothing to do with that deal. And if you've done that deal already, you can't get any of them free in any other way.

I got my credit right away and i bought PSN 10$ digital code with that credit without issues.

Annubis

It's been a week, Valve really doesn't care anymore.

330x192

In a way you are right because there will be people who will forget to cancel Prime or Audible so Amazon will get some money from them. Also some of them will stay members.

I got my credit right away and i bought PSN 10$ digital code with that credit without issues.
I got my credit immediately too. Placed an order and then cancelled the subscription right after.

Exactly. It's like saying the free month on Netflix is a loophole. They're counting on more people not canceling than doing it. Though I did get my credit in a minute.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-D8A5C3798CD8BBE9 - Taken by Jadax
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-67691F186DE36C4C - Taken by Vazra
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-A578C771AE37EEC1 - Taken by OmarYusaf

Oh, and don't forget to use the free credit from the audible signup. That lasts even if you cancel your subscription, but it'll go away if you cancel and don't use it.

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PERFECT ANGLE: The puzzle game based on optical illusions -- MB-8E4086410E5FEEAE - Taken by illusionary. 7 entrants total.
The Body Changer -- MB-3A25CDEBD6829C28 - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.
BOID Single Player Campaign -- MB-E62C2A168F9CD30D - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.

t1468356197z1.png

Arthea

damn, that promotion is just for new audible users.
I get on no good deals ever, sigh

Incomplete for now.
Mediocre translation quality.
No voice patch.
Two versions of character sprites, both crappy, no option for superior PS3 artwork.
Was available for 'free' for the last few years.

I'm not sure what exactly you were expecting. 100k sales?

so you are saying.I shouldn't have bought it and it's not one of the best VNs ever, right?

jeez not you too! I'm really sick of this attitude around these parts

mp1990

Banned
Fun fact
Luna NEVER chooses betrayal in any voting

Yeah, she's lovely, and it's not a "mai waifu xd" thing, she's just a really well done character, alongside Phi and Tenmyouji. Her ending was what stroke me the most in the entire series, it really fleshes out her character and it's one of the most impacting scenes in video games.

Anno

I've somehow avoided owning Spelunky over the years. Guess I'll change that. Seems like a pretty neat and varied bundle.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Skullgirls doesnt include the Second Encore dlc? meh

I've somehow avoided owning Spelunky over the years. Guess I'll change that. Seems like a pretty neat and varied bundle.
Spelunky is a stroke of genius the way it is designed. I'm really not a 2D connoisseur but Spelunky managed to grab me very good and became my 4th most-played game. It's that good.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Spelunky is a stroke of genius the way it is designed. I'm really not a 2D connoisseur but Spelunky managed to grab me very good and became my 4th most-played game. It's that good.

I still think it's one of the very few almost perfectly designed games and one of the best games ever period... everybody should give it a try who hasn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom