• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sort might have been useful if it allowed for YYYY-MM categories. Does it, or is it only YYYY?
Well, of course it's possible to add YYYY-MM, but i'm not THAT crazy to do this for every game i have. You do realize that those categories were added manually, right?

It's revisiting franchises week. You've got FF 12 Remastered on PS4, Fire Pro Wrestling World out on Steam later today, and Wild Guns Reloaded tomorrow on Steam.

yuraya

Are you not aware of how much work went into the FFXII HD port?

It's not like they slapped on a filter and called it a day.

Don't care what they did to it. No game should cost that much unless its brand new built from scratch. It should be 20$ game with a 5$ preorder discount to go with it.

Mivey

Don't care what they did to it. No game should cost that much unless its brand new built from scratch. It should be 20$ game with a 5$ preorder discount to go with it.
It's not a moral issue. People will pay what they think it's worth. If you really want to play it now, you have to pay 50 bucks. If that is too much for you, either because it's hard to afford, or additionally (these two don't exclude each other) you don't care too much about FFXII.
Why do you think GTA V is still 60 bucks after two years? Because it sells. And if that doesn't change, it will stay at 60 until GTA VI is around the corner.

So a game which they did a lot of work to the visuals, the audio, the game balance, the usability and bringing over a previous JP exclusive should cost the same as Bayonetta where they did very little outside of making it more friendly for PCs?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

g2Tbt61.jpg

Wok

The pre-order clothing pack pricing is ludicrous. Saw it earlier when wondering what the character customization was like, then saw the same set being discussed in the OT.

How do I get one of these so that I can sell it for ~ 630 € right now?

Is it a bonus for the people who preordered that PUBG games that everyone is buying full price these days?

yuraya

So a game which they did a lot of work to the visuals, the audio, the game balance, the usability and bringing over a previous JP exclusive should cost the same as Bayonetta where they did very little outside of making it more friendly for PCs?

No matter how you want to spin it..its still a remaster of an 11 year old game. It costing the same as brand new games these days is ridiculous.

Also Bayonetta on PC is a huge leap over the console version in terms of performance. And its a younger game than XII too.

Valkyria Chronicles was also like 17$. Vanquish under 20$.

We don't deserve you SEGA. If only everyone was as sane as you.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
$50 is a bit high but asking for $15 is pretty lol. Kiwami for Steam pls.

Got my copy for $32 from Amazon and I'm pretty sure I'll be playing it for 100 hours or more, so I consider that a good deal.

Travel back in time and tell yourself to preorder PUBG.

This was a promotional item where, if you had your Twitch account linked to your Amazon Prime account, you got this free box full of Twitch-stamped stuff that looked pretty crappy, honestly.

From what I can tell, the boxes have fixed set items in them, so people buying a box for 60 bucks that they could buy piecemeal for like 10 is pretty crazy.

I got one and didn't preorder the game.

Tonton

Eh. I got it for $32, so it's a fine deal for me.
Got my copy for $32 from Amazon and I'm pretty sure I'll be playing it for 100 hours or more, so I consider that a good deal.
$32 sounds good for what it is

No matter how you want to spin it..its still a remaster of an 11 year old game. It costing the same as brand new games these days is ridiculous.

Also Bayonetta on PC is a huge leap over the console version in terms of performance. And its a younger game than XII too.

Valkyria Chronicles was also like 17$. Vanquish under 20$.

We don't deserve you SEGA. If only everyone was as sane as you.
Those are not remasters, they are just ports. There were no new assets made or changes to game mechanics like in FFXII

Arthea

think of it this way, if you got that crate, you would have sold it for pennies right away
that would be even worse, wouldn't it, now you kept your money not buying that game, so in the end you won.

Talking about FF12 price, $50? lol no, I might pay it $5 if it's on steam and runs good. Now FFX and X-2 remaster price, that was a good deal.

Knurek

Talking about FF12 price, $50? lol no, I might pay it $5 if it's on steam and runs good. Now FFX and X-2 remaster price, that was a good deal.

Closing in on that ignore list, one post at a time.
FFXII is the best Final Fantasy game, best Tactics game and the best SaGa game at the same time, come at me bro

I wasn't prepared for how bad The Bureau: XCOM Declassified's story is. It's like they're going out of their way to destroy everything in the setting. The enemy unknown is now a cavalcade of dumb grunts that explain their plan--in English--to the nearest enemy soldier that they're totally going to kill seconds later; the technology in their hands goes from apocalyptic to retro-futuristic, complete with AT-STs and LEGO base kits. Also, because of course, humanity's defense goes from the global XCOM initiative of the world's best, to a ragtag division of the CIA; turns out that all it takes to defeat the aliens is a little American know-how.

It's like fan fiction. Or maybe a blockbuster movie adaptation. Like, the Bureau would be a lot more interesting completely divorced from the XCOM franchise--at the very least, I would think much more highly of it.

And man, I'm so glad Firaxis was resurrecting XCOM while this monstrosity was unveiled. I don't want to be in the timeline where The Bureau is all we got.

Arthea

Closing in on that ignore list, one post at a time.
FFXII is the best Final Fantasy game, best Tactics game and the best SaGa game at the same time, come at me bro

totally don't agree, FF7 is still the best overall FF game, Saga 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FF12, and the best Tactics game is still Tactics Ogre.

FF12 doesn't even get into my top 50 RPGs, not kidding, ignore list here I come

Ladekabel

This was a promotional item where, if you had your Twitch account linked to your Amazon Prime account, you got this free box full of Twitch-stamped stuff that looked pretty crappy, honestly.

From what I can tell, the boxes have fixed set items in them, so people buying a box for 60 bucks that they could buy piecemeal for like 10 is pretty crazy.

I got one and didn't preorder the game.

We're not talking about the Twitch Crate. Check the link Coreda posted.

So if I had preordered PUBG, I would have gotten the game for free and on top of that I would have been paid 600 € in Steam wallet... I'm never ever ever buying PUBG.

Will you be buying it in the past?

Jalal

And i still don't know what is that PLAYERUNKNOWN game about exactly, and why it is so big. XD

Battle royale, 100 men enter, 1 man leaves, that sort of thing,
Only on a huuuuge island,
With ARMA/DAYZ style Mil Sim-ish gameplay

It has stolen the DayZ cake for itself. Its a much more polished, focused version of what DAYZ wanted to be.

Its big because Youtubers love it and have been essentially the main advertising behind it, which just goes to show youtuber/twitch bait > huge marketing team and budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom