• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
seems the mistake was on the banner, not on the discount for RE:Rev

Nzyme32

ohhh boy Summer Sale
YaEMmEY.png

no no no no no no no no.. I'm not ready. I'm unemployed still. ....... but I do have an overdraft...

I'm not ready for summer sale... my pc is being shipped across the country and I won't have it for a month. All those new games and not being able to play them. Why Gabe why??

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MGS5 is the new HL3 aparently. also modbot is back, and the stuff I put in yesterday went through it seems

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly 2 -- MB-BDB51E44D30C21D6 - Taken by Stallion Free
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-F9F3682E9C3AA936 - Taken by liezryou

Tizoc

I'm not ready for summer sale... my pc is being shipped across the country and I won't have it for a month. All those new games and not being able to play them. Why Gabe why??

Play?
What the heck is this 'play'? You just get whatever's on sale and regret it later when it's cheaper in a HumbleBundle a week later.

I've been building my Steam game list for 2 years til I bought a new lappy to play them

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Maxed out the Surgeon Sim badge and made close to half of the cost back from selling the Mysterious Cards. Thanks Valve. ;)

Play?
What the heck is this 'play'? You just get whatever's on sale and regret it later when it's cheaper in a HumbleBundle a week later.

I've been building my Steam game list for 2 years til I bought a new lappy to play them

Haha I was trying to resist the addiction. More likely I will do exactly what you just said

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nah it's great. It would be dumb for it to clash with The International this year.

I wasn't disagreeing with the logic. It just sucks for me, personally. Lesson learned for next year, I suppose: assume the worst. ;)

Milamber

An earlier start date to the Summer Sale puts a slight kink to my plans. I was hoping it'll start after my next paycheck, but before it!?

Granted, I'm not planning to spend as much this sale, I just wish Valve stayed close to their previous sale dates. This is almost a month early.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

DYAD -- MB-A70F11AC3545B844 - Taken by Miker

I think that the dream for Bayo 1 on PC is still alive, but Bayo 2 on PC is a dream that died a long time ago. Well, unless Nintendo goes third party at some point in the future and goes the Sega route by releasing its old games on other systems/platforms.

I don't think that's the only scenario that works.

With 3 companies involved and everyone wanting to get paid and only one of those companies having a vested interest in keeping the game on a single platform, there are a number of cases I can think of which could be possible depending on the specifics of the agreement that Sega reached with Nintendo in regards to allowing the use of the IP.

Say the game underperforms, since the Wii U userbase is still struggling and the core demographic isn't necessarily going to plunk down $60 for an M rated action game... Is Nintendo really just going to eat the losses of funding the game's development when it could allow the game to be ported to the other 3 platforms and get revenue from them as well?

On the other hand, say the game sells well and is a success. Do you really think Sega wouldn't have protected themselves if it turns out this way with an option to buy out Nintendo's development costs so they can port the game to other user bases?

It's all conjecture sure, but I remember as a kid thinking there was no way in hell we'd ever see Sonic on a Nintendo platform (and because of Sega going third party, this has happened). Or more recently the talk of the original Mass Effect never being available on PS3 and then having Bioware (or whomever) port the game after all? I'm sure Capcom could have ported Dead Rising to PS3 at some point too, if they had thought it would profitable.

The reality here is that it's extremely unlikely, sure. But I've seen enough to say that I won't rule out the possibility that there's some chance the game will also end up on PS4/Xbone/PC.

Seriously, the only one who currently gains anything from the exclusivity of the game is Nintendo and that's *only* if it convinces people to shell out money for their Wii U hardware and those new console owners follow the same attach rate that other users have for the platform. So unless the game ends up being one of the most prolific "system sellers" in the history of consoles, Nintendo would have to be crazy to not consider their options regarding making their investment in the game's development return the highest possible profit.

Salsa

An earlier start date to the Summer Sale puts a slight kink to my plans. I was hoping it'll start after my next paycheck, but before it!?

Granted, I'm not planning to spend as much this sale, I just wish Valve stayed close to their previous sale dates. This is almost a month early.

no shut up they'll hear you I'm way busier in july

Dr Dogg

We'll I guess I better start crafting some badges then. What with the current drop rates I've been getting this could be a tedious process.

Tizoc

please early summer sale

and nintendo killed iieet

SMT4 Digital only for us Euro peasants at a very annoying eye gouging price.
Charging me USD 65 for a game we could've gotten a year/half a year ago? At least SEGA had the decency of selling Anarchy R. for $30 for its western release.

...but I digress, come on Capcom and SEGA announce something PC please.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Said the same for me. I checked my Civ V dlc and I do indeed own it. Weird that Enhanced Steam says we don't.

Yeah, just noticed this. It's showing up as Ancient Wonders Scenario Pack in my DLC tab, but Steam nor Enhanced Steam say that I own it. Must be the same deal with some of the Sleeping Dogs DLC

Miker

Does this earlier summer sale rumor have a specific date?

EDIT:
"REMINDER: Summer Sale Discounts Are Due June 13th"

Not really a rumour I guess. It makes sense for the deadline to be right before the sale starts with how much crud is released every day on Steam.

Hmm, that doesn't mean much to me. Is there precedent for the sale starting right after discounts are due?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Landmark 1 Week Closed Beta Key -- MB-86FB3410CB38CDAD
Magicka Wizard Wars E3 Robe -- MB-0CE1A3C54F46EF5A
EVE Online Rifter Ship Skin -- MB-0BCC8DAD05B325D9
Warframe Booster Pack -- MB-44F8BD3ECDB7AD51 - Taken by Vastag
EVE Online Trial Key -- MB-00EAA23438F86D12
SMITE Almighty Zeus -- MB-A6EA6D392858F3AC
PAYDAY 2 Orc and Crossbreed Masks -- MB-D7C5C93014F6F63A
Total War Rome II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-3BED3F62D047E6D2 - Taken by EzioCroft

Rhaknar

"REMINDER: Summer Sale Discounts Are Due June 13th"

Not really a rumour I guess. It makes sense for the deadline to be right before the sale starts with how much crud is released every day on Steam.

oh so this weekend? not sure how I feel about that, im a bit low on the old cash flow atm

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Landmark 1 Week Closed Beta Key -- MB-86FB3410CB38CDAD - Taken by Milamber
Magicka Wizard Wars E3 Robe -- MB-0CE1A3C54F46EF5A - Taken by X05
EVE Online Rifter Ship Skin -- MB-0BCC8DAD05B325D9
Warframe Booster Pack -- MB-44F8BD3ECDB7AD51 - Taken by Vastag
EVE Online Trial Key -- MB-00EAA23438F86D12
SMITE Almighty Zeus -- MB-A6EA6D392858F3AC - Taken by Luap
PAYDAY 2 Orc and Crossbreed Masks -- MB-D7C5C93014F6F63A - Taken by Vazduh
Total War Rome II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-3BED3F62D047E6D2 - Taken by EzioCroft

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Landmark 1 Week Closed Beta Key was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Magicka Wizard Wars E3 Robe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for EVE Online Rifter Ship Skin was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Warframe Booster Pack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for EVE Online Trial Key was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SMITE Almighty Zeus was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for PAYDAY 2 Orc and Crossbreed Masks was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Total War Rome II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom