• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

The flood of releases won't stop for sales anymore. It can't. All bets are off. World Cup + Summer Sale. Pandemonium.

I'm not too fussed we're going to be essentially out by next Wednesday and I'll have drowned my sorrows and moved on with a larger kitty of funds than expected. Copons and Salsa can wind me all they want but I'll be free to keep up with the sale. :p

As a Nintendo fan, I came away from that conference digital event pretty satisfied. I'm still glad as hell that I have other platforms though.

And my wild SMT IV
digital
EU release date guess came true!

Japle

Neo Member
I learned from last sale that the card prices jumped once the sale actually started, so guys hold on to your Mysterious cards for a while!

pahamrick

I am so done with GOG.com and CD Projekt RED. I'll just rent Witcher 3 whenever I get a PS4.

I didn't expect them to actually issue steam keys for Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 (I hoped, though) because I seemingly can't download ANYTHING from GOG lately, but their support staff has been toeing the line between infuriating and insulting.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't disagreeing with the logic. It just sucks for me, personally. Lesson learned for next year, I suppose: assume the worst. ;)

I'm sure there will be some presents from Gaben Claus for you if the sale starts early.

Mainly because we can see your wishlist.

and nintendo killed iieet

There weren't enough 3DS games and there was no F-Zero game announced. I know the Wii U needs more attention, but the 3DS felt like the step child this time. There needed to be a more even balance between the two platforms instead of tons of Wii U games and Pokemon and Smash on the 3DS, with a few titles like Fantasy Life announced after the event ended. That Star Fox tease was sort of hype, though, and most of the games shown looked pretty good, even if most were CGI trailers/teases without gameplay. Then again, CGI trailers/teases without gameplay.

Nintendo had my favorite of this year's conferences/events because I'm obviously pretty biased, but it was still sort of weak.

I don't think that's the only scenario that works.
*snip so I don't take up too much space with this reply

I'm curious about Sega's involvement with Bayo 2, mainly since they refused to have anything to do with it before Nintendo got involved. Sega still has copyright ownership of Bayo, I think, so they might be able to pull off a port, but it will be a really messy affair since I'm sure Nintendo aren't going to give Bayo 2 exclusivity for the near future. I don't want to rule out the game being ported in the future, but I'm skeptical of it happening based on what Kamiya has said/tweeted. I think Nintendo would eat the losses, but the relationship with Platinum Games would be rockier.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, that doesn't mean much to me. Is there precedent for the sale starting right after discounts are due?

There were 12 days between the final submission date mentioned in last year's Autumn/Winter Sale memo and the beginning of the former, but there was only about a week-and-a-half between Snow Globe cards dropping and the beginning of the latter. I'd guess next Thursday/Friday (depending on your time zone).

Salsa

I'm sure there will be some presents from Gaben Claus for you if the sale starts early.

There weren't enough 3DS games and there was no F-Zero game announced. I know the Wii U needs more attention, but the 3DS felt like the step child this time. There needed to be a more even balance between the two platforms instead of tons of Wii U games and Pokemon and Smash on the 3DS, with a few titles like Fantasy Life announced after the event ended. That Star Fox tease was sort of hype, though, and most of the games shown looked pretty good, even if most were CGI trailers/teases without gameplay. Then again, CGI trailers/teases without gameplay.

Nintendo had my favorite of this year's conferences/events because I'm obviously pretty biased, but it was still sort of weak.

I'm curious about Sega's involvement with Bayo 2, mainly since they refused to have anything to do with it before Nintendo got involved. Sega still has copyright ownership of Bayo, I think, so they might be able to pull off a port, but it will be a really messy affair since I'm sure Nintendo aren't going to give Bayo 2 exclusivity for the near future. I don't want to rule out the game being ported in the future, but I'm skeptical of it happening based on what Kamiya has said/tweeted. I think Nintendo would eat the losses, but the relationship with Platinum Games would be rockier.

Nintendo works throughout e3. they put what they consider more important in the digital event but there's plenty to be seen. there's already an announcement of a new first party 3ds game revealed tomorrow.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I've never expected much in the way of gifts since I don't expect people to spend money on something I'm unlikely to actually use (Dawn of Discovery is at the top of my wishlist, but I already own Anno 1404). Thanks for reminding me that I need to alphabetically order the 80-odd games I added to it the other day, though -- it's not really a wishlist as I just use it to keep track of the card-supporting games I don't already own.

Baha

Oldie but a goodie:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civilization III: Complete -- MB-CEFAD04A5361E67D

If you win, PM me and I'll give the codes for the Elite Soldier and Slingshot dlc

ModBot said:
Instructions for Buster Machine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-75941A4B5B2E7350 - Taken by PinkCrayon. 21 entrants total.

t1402433906z1.png

That thing is going to be huge (physically not figuratively). Though doesn't state any dimensions or specs does say it will be on show so might pop up on a stream somewhere. Roccat's mice have got some good reviews though this monster is far from my cup of tea.

Not familiar with them, just saw some tweets if this could challenge/beat the SC, so posted it :lol

Lomax

If you have cards sitting around that you haven't listed, now is a great time to drop them on the market, this badge crafting will result in a noticeable spike in overall prices for the next day or two. There will also be another spike again right as the summer sale starts and the masses are told. Then through the sale prices crash as people try to sell off to buy games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait this cant be right, modbot is telling me I have a bunch of unclaimed keys, including some big stuff like Dark Souls, Cook Serve Delicious, Van Helsing or Papers Please

stump where are you :(

Miker

There were 12 days between the final submission date mentioned in last year's Autumn/Winter Sale memo and the beginning of the former, but there was only about a week-and-a-half between Snow Globe cards dropping and the beginning of the latter. I'd guess next Thursday/Friday (depending on your time zone).

Gotcha, thanks. I don't know how you keep on top of all this Steam business - SteamDB, various subs, cross-region buying, VPN usage - but it's awesome that you do!

Anteater

omg that devil's third trailer gameplay video looks horrible, what happened itagaki, this is almost sad to see :((

now I want to play some ninja gaiden

Miker

omg that devil's third trailer looks horrible, what happened itagaki, this is almost sad to see :((

now I want to play some ninja gaiden

I could only make a few minutes into that presentation before closing the window. I think it would've been less painful if Itagaki wasn't there in person. But seeing him actually there to present that game... :(

Milamber

Ugh, I got about a week to 10 days then to get some cash onto my prepaid CC. I knew I shouldn't have bought that Hello Kitty merch.

Anteater

I could only make a few minutes into that presentation before closing the window. I think it would've been less painful if Itagaki wasn't there in person. But seeing him actually there to present that game... :(

same, didn't finish the video, damn :(

jediyoshi

Huh, interesting seeing CSGO sneak into the top 5 sellers without a sale or event going on
Wonder if the anti-boosting updates are just getting people to buy more copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom