• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Summer Sale would begin next Thursday, a date which Paysafecard later confirmed. Once the sale begins you'll also be able to earn the cards by voting in Community's Choice polls and spending $10 on the store.

I just got so hard.

But I'm also sitting on a $1 foil, and can't sell again for four days.

DogMeat77

I just got so hard.

But I'm also sitting on a $1 foil, and can't sell again for four days.

Hmm that brings up an interesting question. I was going to buy some of those discounted Steam cards from Target. I assume you don't get locked out of the market when using a Steam card the same way you do when you use a new form of payment, do you?

Salsa

Salsa you were right.

Nintendo killed it.

tumblr_n6yu25JCzW1rs6zhfo3_r1_500.gif

AsylumX

Are they story related, collectable related, or weird random things like "beat x with y"?

Some are story related, like beat mission 2 and 11 (not sure about the number but it's one of the last ones), others are easy like using the morphing skill with Mr. Fantastic and the "easiest" to get is the hulk one were you hace to transform 50 times, which you can do at the start of the fame and it's worth .50.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm that brings up an interesting question. I was going to buy some of those discounted Steam cards from Target. I assume you don't get locked out of the market when using a Steam card the same way you do when you use a new form of payment, do you?

Valve may make some questionable decisions from time to time, but it's not that dumb. ;)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is there a quick recap somewhere so I can see if there's actually something to make me charge and then play something on my 3DS?

Code Name: STEAM, steampunk third person turn based strategy game set in london, task force set to fight against aliens. Fire Emblem staff on board, developed by Intelligent Systems. "Looks like Valkyria Chronicles"

EDIT: Also, this thread

Authority

Banned
The games I want to see on PC or come to the West.

Destiny
Halo: Halo: Master Chief Collection
Blade & Soul
X
FFXV
PSO2 -
U6LcVda.png

Reposting because,

Our First Look At Final Fantasy XIV's Rogues And Ninja
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Rogue & Ninja Trailer
During today's Square Enix E3 2014 live stream, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn producer Naoki Yoshida gave fans their first taste of the new class and job for the popular MMORPG, Rogues and Ninja, coming in game patch 2.4.

Faster in the field, more resistant to falling damage, the Rogue profession is, understandably, a stealth class, able to affix poisons to his or her dual weapons to apply various effects to their enemies.

The Ninja job takes these traits and adds ninja magic, using combinations of hand gestures to generate ninjitsu moves. It'll be up to the player what combination they choose, and up to the game whether they succeed or fail.

Rogue and Ninja are focused on damage — fans looking for a new tank or healer will have to wait for the game's first major expansion.

I am currently reinstalling FFXIV.

And Nintendo won E3 and played them all like musical chairs.

Code Name: STEAM, steampunk third person turn based strategy game set in london, task force set to fight against aliens. Fire Emblem staff on board, developed by Intelligent Systems. "Looks like Valkyria Chronicles"

EDIT: Also, this thread

Oh, just one game?
It doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

Some are story related, like beat mission 2 and 11 (not sure about the number but it's one of the last ones), others are easy like using the morphing skill with Mr. Fantastic and the "easiest" to get is the hulk one were you hace to transform 50 times, which you can do at the start of the fame and it's worth .50.

Thanks.

rtcn63

Embarrassed to say this (for my taste) but Zelda looked daaaaaaaaaam.

Eh, didn't really show anything but possible art style. Give me actual gameplay, so I can see if they learned from the travesty that was Skyward Sword.

Her eyes are weird and I don't like thing.

Gestault

Eh, didn't really show anything but possible art style. Give me actual gameplay, so I can see if they learned from the travesty that was Skyward Sword.

Her eyes are weird and I don't like thing.

Hmm...Skyward Sword. Travesty. Interesting.

Obvious troll? We'll find out, after the break.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Are they story related, collectable related, or weird random things like "beat x with y"?
Times Square Off (£0.10), Juggernauts and Crosses (£0.10), That Sinking Feeling (£0.25) are unmissable story mode ones.
I'm Always Angry! (£0.50), This Is fantastic! (£0.10) and Can't Hurt Me Bub (£0.10) are super easy to get by mission 1, 2 and 4 respectively. Cosplay (£0.25) can be done really easy as well after mission 3, Menace of Magneto (£0.50) seems absurdly easy if you have Magneto unlocked, and Guardians of the Galaxy (£0.25) seems to require doing a few side missions which I haven't got to yet.
The only annoying one is Stan-tastic (£0.50) because that one is too time consuming to even bother (you have to finish like every story mission twice).

FF 7 & 8 for 5€ a piece: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/final-fantasy

Looks like it's region locked for Asia only, I can put them into my cart. Cheapest 8 has been so far?

Smartass!! I was refering to "REGION LOCKED: Esse jogo não pode ser jogado na Ásia" on the site.
That says that it can't be played in Asia, so somewhat locked.

Just noticed that there's a movie on Netflix called Company of Heroes. The Wikipedia page claims it's based on the game, but plot summary doesn't sound anything even remotely like any of the SP campaigns in CoH.

Speaking of which, I don't suppose they're finally done doling out DLC for CoH2 yet? Would like to get a complete pack at some point.
It's on my list, haven't watched yet. I wondered if it was based on the game because it does have the same logo :p

tastes_nasty_the_doctor.gif

Bayonetta 2 was probably the second best title shown next to Bloodborne, but nope, Sony took this one right to the socialized healthcare office in Canada.
Nah, Sony barely won and thanks to Manny.

Every game that doesn't redeem on or is otherwise not on Steam is terrible.
I can agree to that!

denx

All Zelda games are boring. Come at me bro.

Actually the only Zelda games I've played are A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and none of them did anything for me although they are usually considered the best games in the series. Zelda just ain't my cup of tea man.

Also no Metroid = Nintendo loses E3 by default.

Anyways, the Summer sale is coming at a pretty bad time for me: ten days away from my paycheck and towards the end of the month when I'm going to be the most busy. The previous July timeperiod was perfect for me because it matched up with my mid-winter break. Dammit. :(

GTA 5 is probably the only game in forever to make me pre-order, if it has a nice pre-order discount. If it doesn't, I'll still buy it on launch week if impressions on the PC port are good/decent. It's been years since I've buyed an AAA game at full price.

Dead Rising 3 doesn't have a price either and it's due sometime in the next 2 or 3 months. Hopefully it goes up for 50, what I paid for the One version and Capcom is usually pretty reasonable about pricing with its pc titles. With a coupon and GMG credit I could probably get it to 30!

Uzzy

Just played an hour and a half of Ultimate General: Gettysburg, and I just about won the Battle of Gettysburg for the Confederacy on the second day, taking horrific casualties in the process (over 18,000). The AI is brutal. I'm playing against a 'Balanced' AI and it flanks me and hits me where I'm weak relentlessly, shifts it's focus to disrupt my plans, and generally messes me up. It'll be interesting to see what differences the other AI types show.

Lots of fun really, I'm rather liking the look of the branching campaign with different strategic options for each battle. More thoughts tomorrow.

Every game that doesn't redeem on or is otherwise not on Steam is terrible.

I love everything single word of this sentence.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
All Zelda games are boring. Come at me bro.

Actually the only Zelda games I've played are A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and none of them did anything for me although they are usually considered the best games in the series. Zelda just ain't my cup of tea man.

Also no Metroid = Nintendo loses E3 by default.
This post makes me sad :(
My favorites are Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and Link's Awakening... I'd recommend trying Wind Waker for the exploration, and Link's Awakening for the plot, although LA might be a little dated. Still great to me though. But I'm not trying to force you, you gave the series a shot after all, so I respect that.

So were the dates for the sale legit? 19th to the 30th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom