• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Have you used other d-pads, like DS3/DS4/Wii U Classic/etc?
Cause when you say amazing and I see other people say it's alright but it's still not on the same level as those I mentioned, it makes me wonder if you have a different opinion or just lack the exposure to the other controllers.

I currently have a Wii U pro controller, my PC Xbox 360 controller (wireless, with the "improved" D-Pad), and the Xbox One controller on my desk this very minute. I feel like the Xbox One controller has the superior D-Pad of the three. The only controller you've mentioned that I don't own is the DS4, so I can say that my comparison may not be 100% complete.

I really like the Xbox One controller's D-Pad in that's it's really "clicky". Besides the audible "CLICK", it has the same feedback like you'd get from a mechanical keyboard. Well, not exactly but really close I'd say. The Wii U pro controller comes close, but doesn't quite have the same feel to it. The Xbox 360 controller, in comparison, feels incredibly mushy.

Of course, I'm no controller "expert" or anything but I've owned pretty much every "first party" controller produced since the NES. The D-Pad on the Xbox One seems superior to pretty much anything that's been released in the last few console generations.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So I looked at all of today's Greenlit titles.

Some of the games in this batch that really don't stand out to me at all, and there's some that look okay but not really special.

City Quest looks sort of okay, I guess. It looks a little too "pixel-y," if that makes any sense. I might get it in a bundle if impressions of it are good.

That's sort of how I feel about most of the games in this batch that look even remotely appealing to me, honestly. Enyo Arcade looks okay, but nothing about it really stands out to me. I've already heard impressions of the 3DS version of Fractured Souls, and from what I've heard it's sort of good, but nothing that's really great. House of Wolves II looks like it might be promising, but nothing that I would really care too much for. Nicole is...well, Nicole is a Winter Wolves game, so not much really has to be said on that. NoseBound looks kind of interesting but incredibly janky and the voice acting isn't really doing it for me. Steel & Steam looks like an RPG Maker game that's prime low tier bundling material. Sacred Tears True looks like a kind of good doujin title, but the phrase "card based battle system" is putting me off a bit; still, it might be good. Will Fight for Food is made by the same devs as Unrest, and I've heard good things about it, but I'm not entirely convinced yet.

Some of the games just don't look good at all, like Infinite Warrior, which I'm pretty certain rips off the version of Skyrim's player character featured in promo art, plus it's has the ipad right in the greenlight trailer ffs. Mutant Factions' trailer just straight up steals its background music from Inception. ReLive already has a DMCA takedown notice filed on it, though it apparently does have Edwyn Tiong doing voice acting in it, so there's that. There are others that fall into this category for me, but those are the most glaring.

And then there's games that interest me more than the others, like Jazz, which looks like it has a great atmospheric vibe going on. Pushcat looks neat. Savage: The Shard of Gosen seems reminiscent of Zelda II, Castlevania, and more recently Volgarr. I'm glad to see that Shan Gui made it through already, but I really hope the devs hire a good translator. Sheltered looks really promising. The Way looks interesting too, and I'm digging the art style. Yatagarasu looks hype, plus that dev team. But most of all, I'm really glad that The Sea Will Claim Everything finally made it through Greenlight.

So over all, it's just another batch of Greenlight titles with a little extra bonus.

Ok, but if it's not perfect I'll lead a riot.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Yakkue

As a person who backed Shovel Knight, the developers have made it pretty clear that the PC version is always their third, less-loved child.

I'd love to buy it for my 3DS actually, but it's from Japan and Shovel Knight doesn't seem to be released in the eshop over there any time soon.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'd love to buy it for my 3DS actually, but it's from Japan and Shovel Knight doesn't seem to be released in the eshop over there any time soon.

Make no mistake, I'm glad I'm getting it on PC, but I genuinely think if the developers thought they could have done a kickstarter without a PC version, they would have.

im gonna get Strider, hard

no chance it's as bad as blackgate

You're right. I thought it was worse.
At least Blackgate had a story and decent voice acting.
And some cool artwork.

You only say that because it's the HD version and not the 3DS one.

The game has playable zombie Batman even.

Besides the cards, don't forget the shit-ton of playfire rewards it got on release, I earned money with both :D

True, I did get all the playfire rewards for both... that lessened the pain.

Make no mistake, I'm glad I'm getting it on PC, but I genuinely think if the developers thought they could have done a kickstarter without a PC version, they would have.

I didn't know Salsa was on that team!

Hmm that brings up an interesting question. I was going to buy some of those discounted Steam cards from Target. I assume you don't get locked out of the market when using a Steam card the same way you do when you use a new form of payment, do you?

You're fine.

edit: what's the discount?

Sweet! I finally got ENB working in GTA4--
95D1598E7E9F1D5919F3C5E133A8C9542DCDC296
--Shit. hint: phone is busted

Gotta see if there's an easy way to disable this so I can get past this mission.

inm8num2

Giana Sisters...fun game with beautiful visuals. Plenty of deaths...I think I might not have enough patience (or too short a fuse :p) for challenging platformers. Still, I enjoy it.

Wok

So what is the new "There is so much trash being greenlight. How does xxx not get in?"

I would have said OIO, but the Greenlight page was deleted.:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92960519

I have found out that:

UncannyGames
UncannyGames Mar 11 2013, 12:02pm said:

Hi there everybody.
Sorry for the delay, the company is having big troubles right now, so we were pretty busy. In fact we have to dissolve Uncanny Games somehow and very soon :/
We will make an update soon, MAC version, all bugs fixes, saved options and bonus levels.
Stay tuned this week, it will arrive pretty soon.
Best regards and thank you all for playing our game.
And again sorry.

Probably a Dota2 damage to the developpers:

2DLow6E.jpg

lol, i might

is there anything new?
It's been so long since I've played the original I couldn't really say from memory, but here's some info from the goat's mouth.

- All monster art redone
- All terrain art redone
- All weapon art redone
- A new chapter
- A new monster
- Art for achievements and perks
- Lots of bugs have been fixed
- Lots of effect improvements
- Several new survival modes
- Steam leaderboards & achievements
- Proper support for up to 4 player local co-op
- Full controller support
- Should work great on desktop and big picture

And a lot of smaller stuff on top of this. The revamp became much grander than we initially planned when submitting the game to Greenlight.

I've been trying the alternative methods that don't require Radeon Pro because I don't want to have to run the game from there each time.
I'm pretty sure you don't have to run it from RadeonPro to get it to work. At least you don't for it to apply anything else, I don't see why you'd need to for SweetFX in particular.

aku:jiki

Mortal Kombat Komplete is (presumably) having GFWL removed.

Edit: Oh, wait, that's MK9. I was confusing it with the Kollection. Movealongnothingtoseehere.jpg.
Speaking of, did Humble really just steal my money with that E3 bundle? I was going to have some laughs with the Kollection with a buddy but we could not get past the title screen! We got stuck in a broken GFWL loop. Is there really no way to play the damn thing?

(Also, why isn't it called "Arkade Kollektion"?)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/242700/discussions/0/648811852740615553/#p1

12th post down says I'd need to run RadeonPro each time for SweetFX to work with this heymanjack method.
It doesn't say it won't work if you don't. So long as you have monitoring on in RadeonPro(i.e. it knows when you run something that's in the list or not) it should work if you launch it normally. And monitoring should be on by default. But like I said, it might be different for SweetFX, I just don't see why it would be.

Edit: Yeah, you'd need RadeonPro to be running, but you don't need to launch the game from there. Just set RP to launch with windows and let it do it's thing.

Card Boy

Banned
random ass question and not related to Steam, anyone got that Martin Freeman animated .gif where he is sticking up his middle finger on set on The Hobbit at different locations?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
random ass question and not related to Steam, anyone got that Martin Freeman animated .gif where he is sticking up his middle finger on set on The Hobbit at different locations?

8knRayb.gif

Card Boy

Banned
Rocksmith 1 & 2014 bundle is 18 quid or 27US on the Australian GMG store. Steam keys obviously.

Not even Rocksmith 2014 has ever being that cheap.

$22 with voucher.

Sajjaja

It doesn't say it won't work if you don't. So long as you have monitoring on in RadeonPro(i.e. it knows when you run something that's in the list or not) it should work if you launch it normally. And monitoring should be on by default. But like I said, it might be different for SweetFX, I just don't see why it would be.

Edit: Yeah, you'd need RadeonPro to be running, but you don't need to launch the game from there. Just set RP to launch with windows and let it do it's thing.

It's a pain, but it's worth it. Makes the colors in the game pop. Shame the devs went with such a desaturated look. Doesn't do the game justice.

Got it working :D Looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom