• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, it's always interesting how you remember a game looking and how it actually......was.

ibjC3gA4dZEbqj.gif
:p

Salsa

its dumb that the Risk of Rain gamepad controls are so half-assed

how hard it'd be to be able to use menus with the gamepad instead of having to reach for the mouse each time

Nabs

how hard it'd be to be able to use menus with the gamepad instead of having to reach for the mouse each time

They need to put some damn effort into online co-op and gamepad support. I know the game has sold enough to support that.

Splatter isn't all that bad. Kind of a dead nation/hotline miami style of game with some good environmental effects.

The guns lack kick and it is hard to tell if you are shooting things, but it is still worth a look if you have it.

Momentary

Banned

They need to put some damn effort into online co-op and gamepad support. I know the game has sold enough to support that.

I'm on the same boat here. The game has a pretty good concurrent user base and I'm sure if the developer added proper online co-op they could probably get even more sales out of this game than. It's definitely not like the game under performed. It just seems like the guys who made the game just don't care about making more money off this little gem of theirs.

They also need to be more communicative regarding the updates, when the last one with some new features that were Kickstarter goals was released they didn't wrote any note about it in their blog or Steam community.

I'm on the same boat here. The game has a pretty good concurrent user base and I'm sure if the developer added proper online co-op they could probably get even more sales out of this game than. It's definitely not like the game under performed. It just seems like the guys who made the game just don't care about making more money off this little gem of theirs.

Or they want to save it for a sequel (I didn't follow the kickstarter, so not sure what is promised).

I loved Risk of Rain, but it really needs a tear down and restart job, because you can tell the engine isn't working for them (either through its limits or their familiarity with it). Hopefully they are using the funds to build something bigger and better.

Momentary

Banned
Or they want to save it for a sequel (I didn't follow the kickstarter, so not sure what is promised).

I loved Risk of Rain, but it really needs a tear down and restart job, because you can tell the engine isn't working for them (either through its limits or their familiarity with it). Hopefully they are using the funds to build something bigger and better.

Risk of Rain 2: Slight Chance of Thunderstorms. More streamlined with actual online co-op.

Momentary

Banned
Guilty Gear Xrd not getting announced on PC has sent me into a depression. I refuse to buy a console for one damn game.

Anyways. With Ultra Street Fighter around the corner, if anyone is looking for someone to play fighting games against, you can find me on Steam under Rayge. I'll be the guy with the blue shirt on probably idling for cards. I'm getting a new rig soon since my laptop is on it's last leg, so it'll be 2 or 3 weeks before I can actually play a fighting game. (I'm really wanting to wait on the GTX 880)

dot

Maybe they want to make the online playable or not have the game crash when you select "invite" in-game?
lol

This literally happened to me last night. 1 minute into the game and then...crash.

also i don't understand why it doesn't have windowed mode support.

So are there any good ways to track flash sales during summer sale? Besides this thread of course

Put all the games you want on your wishlist and sync with isthereanydeal.com. It'll keep you up to date with those games at least.

The Summer Sale is really next week?

Apparently. I could put up with the mess it creates if the deals were worth it. But that doesn't seem to be the case in modern times, so I can't wait till it is over.

Salsa

Obsidian guy on the giantbomb stream recognizing everyone wants Archer: Alpha Protocol, oh god

he also said about AP:

- many mistakes we would not want to repeat
- we'd love to make another one/another game like that

but yeah it was all in very much "not gonna happen" pipe dream way. sadface

Edit: Oh shit #Based Games.

You ain't steaming if you ain't pimping.

BungieJumping.
cYkMK.png

If you're talking about the sale prices shown there, the trilogy has been on sale for cheaper than that. Last week, it was $10 on GMG. Now, if these were the deluxe editions going on sale for around that price, then it'd be a different story.

Salsa

also out of the GB livestream which was surprising:

apparently Shadow of Mordor is legit as fuck

I never looked at it cause lol of the rings but apparently it has some procedurally generated stuff and mechanics where the game keeps going and you just "respawn" when you die and enemies level up when they kill you and some other weird/new concepts like that

also arkham-style combat

people there were straight up calling it "this years Arkham Asylum" in terms of it coming out of nowhere and blowing everyone away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom