• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

you guys aren't going to ruin shakira for me

all the interface in the Destiny alpha is with a left stick cursor instead of the usual moving through menues with d-pad directly

just say it's coming to PC in a while alreadyyy

Yeah, my friend has been playing the alpha for a bit and he says it totally feels like a game made for PC. I'll find out for my self soon enough once they send me my code.

ALWAYS unpack, ALWAYS. Just an hour ago I got a foil in my Vanguard Princess pack (alas it was the cheapest of the foils).

Pretty much this. The odds of getting a foil worth more than the whole booster... plus the fact that normally the 3 cards sell for about as much as the booster does and sell faster overall.

MK9 patch, Summer Seal next week, Hyperdimension Neptune coming to pc.

When isn't it struggling?

MK9 patch? Because of Gamespy?
What is Hyperdimension Neptune?

And nice one on the struggling. ;)

Rhythm Destruction has a store page. Previous owners will get keys. Some music by Kyle Ward of In the Groove if anyone played that.

Edit: Viktor looks like a pretty cool sidescrolling shooter too. First I've heard of it.

What do you mean "Previous owners"?

I'm about to start Dishonored. Anything I need to know? Tips? Difficulty settings? Graphics settings?

I only played on console so the only tips i can give are to take your time and explore as much as possible.

The phrase "there's more than one way to skin a cat" is appropriate for Dishonored.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So... games on my list which have a software renderer?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/GaimeGuy/games?tab=all

My Laptop's GTX260M results in the display being all snowy so I have it disabled. Thus I don't have any Direct3D rendering hardware available.

Games I've found so far which I can play include:

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Long Live the Queen
SpaceChem
The Ultimate Doom (and I assume most of the other ID games pre-quake 3)

Seanspeed

Banned
the game is abut 20 times longer if you play it as a pure, never get detected stealth game.

Don't do a pacifist run. It's way more fun to kill people by combining your powers

Enjoy the powers. Don't limit your killing.

Do you want to go pure stealth or all out war?

I only played on console so the only tips i can give are to take your time and explore as much as possible.

The phrase "there's more than one way to skin a cat" is appropriate for Dishonored.
Well seems to be a pretty common theme here then. I'm not a huge stealth person, so having some fun is fine with me.

Thank you!

I did my first run of Dishonored as a pure stealth character and finished with no kills or alerts
quicksaves are wonderful <3

Really fun game, sequel should really be something special.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Emails also went out from Greenlight Bundle if you got it from there (apparently I did?)

nampad

I am in Vietnam right now. Can I profit from buying cheap games compared to my home turf? Is there any risk of games being region locked when I move back? How do I know which games are region locked?

Looks like Valve blocked custom price searching on the Steam store. Not really sure why.

It sucks because that means I'll have to remove the "Games you can afford" button on the homepage and the advanced search price slider from Enhanced Steam.

Maybe it's just a temporary issue. :(

For example, this works, but this doesn't.

Just got a new Macbook again and I like using Safari. Only drawback is that it doesn't have Enhanced Steam. Any chance that there will be a Safari extension in the future?

Phinor

Does the touchpad work too at least? Would be somewhat understandable for making such a lazy interface. Sort of...

I played the alpha for an hour or so and right now it feels like the best console game user interface I've ever seen/played with. Almost like they actually used a lot of time and resources trying to create the UI and felt like they could try something different. Browsing through menus and submenus using the d-pad has always felt very clumsy to me. Of course it doesn't help that many games have sluggish and unresponsive menu controls. Horrible 8 direction left/right stick menus etc. Destiny UI feels so much better.

But that's just based on the first hour or so. It might get worse and worse as I put more time into the game but right now I don't feel like that's very likely to happen.

Authority

Banned
Can I get an advice on this?

When I go to Bios, the default setting for the Internal Graphics something is GFX0 or some shit like that. Should I change it to PCI? It is AMD 7790.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just got a new Macbook again and I like using Safari. Only drawback is that it doesn't have Enhanced Steam. Any chance that there will be a Safari extension in the future?

A fellow GAFer and I were working on a Safari version, but Safari doesn't support what's called "cross domain scripting", meaning that data can't be transferred between store.steampowered.com and steamcommunity.com by Enhanced Steam.

This hinders a large part of Enhanced Steam's functionality, so it's kind of been put on hold until Apple joins the "real" browsers and supports this in their extensions.

nampad

A fellow GAFer and I were working on a Safari version, but Safari doesn't support what's called "cross domain scripting", meaning that data can't be transferred between store.steampowered.com and steamcommunity.com by Enhanced Steam.

This hinders a large part of Enhanced Steam's functionality, so it's kind of been put on hold until Apple joins the "real" browsers and supports this in their extensions.

Ok ;(
Thanks for the great work.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ok ;(
Thanks for the great work.

In the mean time, you could always install Chrome for OSX. Or you can even use the Standalone version of Enhanced Steam with some tweaking (although, at this point, it's all command line as we don't have an OSX launcher).

seems that 8-bit commando keys are finally up for indieroyale debut 11.

--

I'm going to ask again: Is there a GMG voucher that will work with paying by credit?

In the mean time, you could always install Chrome for OSX. Or you can even use the Standalone version of Enhanced Steam with some tweaking (although, at this point, it's all command line as we don't have an OSX launcher).

In the meantime? He should just install it anyway. Toss Safari in the dumpster on the way out.

Anyone having trouble voting on Greenlight items? I'm in Chrome and every vote, yes, or no, fails:

In the debug console:
XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/voteup. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://steamcommunity.com' is therefore not allowed access."

Tried disabling adblock and Enhanced Steam, didn't fix anything.

gasp.gif~c200

Eternia

I played the alpha for an hour or so and right now it feels like the best console game user interface I've ever seen/played with. Almost like they actually used a lot of time and resources trying to create the UI and felt like they could try something different. Browsing through menus and submenus using the d-pad has always felt very clumsy to me. Of course it doesn't help that many games have sluggish and unresponsive menu controls. Horrible 8 direction left/right stick menus etc. Destiny UI feels so much better.

But that's just based on the first hour or so. It might get worse and worse as I put more time into the game but right now I don't feel like that's very likely to happen.
From what I've seen, it seemed a good portion of the interface didn't have enough elements or things bunched together in such a way to warrant this control scheme. For menus that have about less than 10 items, I think dpad inputs work out quicker than scrolling across a quarter of the screen with an analog method, especially on the lower end. Lots of wasted movement and unneeded precision.

I could be wrong and it works out better in practice but it did look sluggish watching navigation through the video I saw.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
it annoys me how we have more and more games on steam, and yet bundles keep recycling the same ones over and over again

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Is that the real logo? Holy shit.
Yeah, and it represents how Brazilians feel of the whole ordeal.

I think that nearly everytime he posts.
But then you'd be missing out on raw copy and paste dumps of articles that barely pertain to PC gaming.
Good thing I'm not the only one!

I'm going to reformat my computer sometime soon, should I put any faith in UPlay's cloud saving services to have my saves still be there afterwards?
:lol
Make a backup (manually/GameSaveManager/etc).

Don't touch anything in the BIOS if you don't know why you should touch it.
This, so so much this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just noticed Fuel is on sale at GMG and its a steam key.

its one of those games not on steam directly anymore if you care about those things

Tried Cryostasis again after getting my 780 Ti and it still runs like shit! Turned vsync off and it varies from over 200 FPS to 15.......what is up with that game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom