• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tried Cryostasis again after getting my 780 Ti and it still runs like shit! Turned vsync off and it varies from over 200 FPS to 15.......what is up with that game?

russia (actually im not sure its russian, but it sure is eastern european)

What little it had? Game had pretty crazy hype. And it's STILL in the top 5 sellers.

The Hype wasnt there before the release. When it released though, YouTube Personalities picked it up and thats why "everyone" bought it.

It is strange to see that these people have such a big influence nowadays.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What little it had? Game had pretty crazy hype. And it's STILL in the top 5 sellers.

think he meant on gaf, and he would be right, noone is talking about it since it came out. probably because unlike most steam users, we dont rush to buy early access games and are waiting for a full release

JakeD

most of The Forest talk is in the OT...it's died down a bit lately as people wait for the first real patch which comes out in a few days.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Sure, but it's player count is dropping pretty quickly too. It made it's debut in the top 15 most played games but 2 weeks later it's dropped out of the top 50. Also has quite a strange player population graph. What happened that day to cause the spike?

players coming to realize the game doesn't have that much content in it yet and dropping it to play other things while the devs use the money they gave them for early access to develop the idea further would be my guess

feels logical enough

JakeD

Sure, but it's player count is dropping pretty quickly too. It made it's debut in the top 15 most played games but 2 weeks later it's dropped out of the top 50. Also has quite a strange player population graph. What happened that day to cause the spike?

that was the day they patched in saving i think

players coming to realize the game doesn't have that much content in it yet and dropping it to play other things while the devs use the money they gave them for early access to develop the idea further would be my guess

feels logical enough

yeah pretty much. we bought it knowing it was about as alpha as a game could be. no reason to keep playing right now

derExperte

now let me tell you about borderlands

YOzSHl.gif

Gotta support those games that are actually gutting GFWL, right?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dirt 3 -- MB-72D816768C682B39 - Taken by topyy. 6 entrants total.

t1402623259z1.png

Welp, it took 24 hours but that's Watch_Dogs campaign out of the way. Still undecided on whether or not I'll keep the game installed. I don't honestly know if I want to complete all of the optional openworld activities or even bother with the online component.

Aiden Pearce is an unlikable cunt. He's a moral cipher that is the root and cause of all of the misfortune and misery that befalls him and those around him. He's not a sympathetic character nor is his quest for revenge sympathetic, that really made pushing through Watch_Dogs campaign difficult.
The closest thing Watch_Dogs had to a likable character was Clara and they kill her off after some throwaway betrayal plot twist.
Also I don't get Aiden's sister, what's-her-name, and how she doesn't blame him for ruining her life.
Aiden gets her daughter killed, gets her kidnapped and puts her and her sons life in jeopardy and basically forces her to flee Chicago for her life. And she doesn't hate him.
The idea of a city having this malleable persistent dataverse as a hackers playground is really cool. It was neat solving puzzles or dealing with enemy encounters by hacking the world and not entirely relying on gunfights but those interesting mechanics and ideas aren't married to a compelling character or story. When Watch_Dogs 2 comes out in the next year or so, if Aiden is still the main protagonist, I'll probably pass.

Watch_Dogs was a success in that I didn't tap out at the eight hour mark like I have with every Assassin's Creed I've played (1, 2 and 3) and Far Cry 3 but I'm still far from a fan of The Ubisoft Game openworld design mold. Everything they make is truly collapsing in to one title.

Also it was really annoying to constantly have to shut off Online Invasions every time I booted the game up. I should just have to choose that option once and it should only be re-enabled when I choose to, if I ever do.

This is a good post . It doesn't make any sense but the world needs to know about iggy azalea's booty

After watching that video, it's the only noteworthy thing about her. She's like the caucasian Nikki Minaj.

Reading the Steam description of Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum is quite fun: "OVER 24 MEG. of Sound and Graphics Excitement compressed to just over 7 Meg.".

I feel old now.

DukeBobby

Aiden Pearce is an unlikable cunt. He's a moral cipher that is the root and cause of all of the misfortune and misery that befalls him and those around him. He's not a sympathetic character nor is his quest for revenge sympathetic, that really made pushing through Watch_Dogs campaign difficult.
The closest thing Watch_Dogs had to a likable character was Clara and they kill her off after some throwaway betrayal plot twist.
Also I don't get Aiden's sister, what's-her-name, and how she doesn't blame him for ruining her life.
Aiden gets her daughter killed, gets her kidnapped and puts her and her sons life in jeopardy and basically forces her to flee Chicago for her life. And she doesn't hate him.
The idea of a city having this malleable persistent dataverse as a hackers playground is really cool. It was neat solving puzzles or dealing with enemy encounters by hacking the world and not entirely relying on gunfights but those interesting mechanics and ideas aren't married to a compelling character or story. When Watch_Dogs 2 comes out in the next year or so, if Aiden is still the main protagonist, I'll probably pass.

Aiden Pearce is the videogame equivalent of Sam Worthington. It's only been a week since I finished it, but I can't even remember what he looks like.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
now let me tell you about borderlands

I'd honestly rather invite in the young Jehovah's Witness that came to my door a few weeks ago and talk to him in-depth about God for an hour than play even another half hour of Borderlands 2.

Paging Morningbus

Sorry for being late, but for future reference you need to fire up the 'Bus signal I attached to your roof if you want to get my attention.

Game is pretty hilarious and witty, funniest game since Grim Fandango.

ibjC3gA4dZEbqj.gif

rtcn63

Uncharted 2's train level sucks so bad. Seemingly endless corridor shooting, but with shit swaying back and forth and instant deaths.

Also I don't like chasing people in Jet Set Radio. Is this a boss fight. Why does it suck so bad like Uncharted 2's train level.

Authority

Banned
This is a good post . It doesn't make any sense but the world needs to know about iggy azalea's booty

I got more no-sense,

I want to have an orgy with every single Mass Effect character seamlessly, locked at 60fps as the sun goes down while the birds cinematically watch me burn.

Don't ask just do.

EA sports its in the game.

You dig?

That time of the night. Good night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom