• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Authority

Banned
Anything cool happen today?

We got served by the coolaid brotha.

bWh7Rl0.png

69448516556d351b2ff5f49d950fc887.600x.gif

I need to breath some air

Probably a few hours late here, but I just noticed Qvadriga just showed up on Steam today. Qvadriga is *great*.. it's a turn based, simultaneous-action, tactical... chariot race simulator and chariot race team manager sim. There's really not that much else like it out there, and i've found it really, really addictive.

Corpekata

Banned
Authority was doing his usual random nonsense copy paste posts yesterday and had a really bizaare one that left people stumped, which included the booty shaker, who now lives in this thread.

Nzyme32

Anything Steam-related of note in the last 5 days? E3 plus travel and lack of internet access has me out of the loop.

I'm not sure if it was in the same time frame but, Summer Sale pretty much confirmed for 19th June - end of the month.

If you kept up with E3 that is probably all the rest of the news

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dragons Ti...Crown is cool, and added bonus Sly Cooper vita is also free atm, so I'm joining Salsa in the handheld domination, fuck Steam :eek:

Uzzy

I would just move on. It's all going to end in tears, Shakira and a can of chicken eventually.

Anyway I don't know if you saw the Sleepy Dogs "HD" rumours today. That's at least some news that might delight/sicken you.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=837323

I recall some of my friends saying that 'consoles don't need backwards compatibility because people don't want to play old console games.'

So this amuses me.

Nzyme32

Can anyone remember pack to the release of Sleeping Dogs? There is free DLC for "High Quality Textures" but I was wondering when and why they were released? Was their a particular issue or complaint or did they just feel like it was a good thing to do?

Dr Dogg

"HD"? The PC version was already released though? Thought it looked pretty damn good after the high res textures.

Well as I said to anteater above technically even the console versions were "HD". Though to be fair Squinx could release Sleepy Dawgs: 16 colour EGA Edition and I'd snap it up without hesitating. Any excuse to play dress up with Wei Shen again. That and flying roundhouse kick that mother and daughter outside the Nightmarket Safehouse.

Can anyone remember pack to the release of Sleeping Dogs? There is free DLC for "High Quality Textures" but I was wondering when and why they were released? Was their a particular issue or complaint or did they just feel like it was a good thing to do?

Day and date as far as I'm aware. Skyrim was the same. Both were pretty VRAM intensive and I couldn't run higher AA setting and high res textures with 1.5gb VRAM on my 480s without locking up. The rain and weather effects got added in with a later patch as well. United Front really supported Sleeping Dogs and all bar the preorder DLC was made after the game shipped.

Levyne

Banned
I'm not sure if it was in the same time frame but, Summer Sale pretty much confirmed for 19th June - end of the month.

If you kept up with E3 that is probably all the rest of the news

Ah. Alright. I should be back to good internet access by the sale then. Thanks.

Authority

Banned
Alien: Isolation was on fire at E3
alienfire1.jpg

alienfire3.jpg

alienfire2.jpg

alienfire4.jpg

tumblr_mtmv6baLBN1sh98jro1_400.gif

Aliens, specifically xenomorphs, don’t like fire. So it’s probably convenient that you’ll be able to grab a flamethrowers and whisky-based molotovs and drown the dark corridors of Alien: Isolation in fire so you can make your mistake when faced with the late H.R. Giger’s slimy baby - amid sobs, of course.

Read more -PCGamesN

Uzzy

didn't know there was a final hours of mass effect

is it any good

does it explain why it's crap?

I think there's a still image of some sort of story plan for the Mass Effect 3 ending in there, with the immortal line 'lots of speculation from everyone'.

That helps a bit.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think there's a still image of some sort of story plan for the Mass Effect 3 ending in there, with the immortal line 'lots of speculation from everyone'.

That helps a bit.
cool, those things are pretty interesting, tho it doesn't seem to get to the root of it

i mean something went horribly wrong during the mass effect series development. i wasn't a big fan of me2 but me3 is just bizarre

Uzzy

cool, those things are pretty interesting, tho it doesn't seem to get to the root of it

i mean something went horribly wrong during the mass effect series development. i wasn't a big fan of me2 but me3 is just bizarre

Very true, but I doubt that we'll ever really get to the root of what happened. Bioware don't think they did anything wrong and that the artistic vision for ME3 and it's ending was a good one.

Nzyme32

What the bugger is going on in this thread, ladybird

qryhViX.gif

I'm pretty sure that the eccentric and maniacal posts are what usually happens towards the end of the thread... but I guess it must be a form of seasonal affective disorder with the upcoming summer sale

Day and date as far as I'm aware. Skyrim was the same. Both were pretty VRAM intensive and I couldn't run higher AA setting and high res textures with 1.5gb VRAM on my 480s without locking up. The rain and weather effects got added in with a later patch as well. United Front really supported Sleeping Dogs and all bar the preorder DLC was made after the game shipped.

Well it's good to hear how much they supported the game. Hopefully what ever they do with this "HD" version will be friendly

zkylon

zkylewd
salsa if u get banned pm me the sale thread or smthing so all your hard work doesn't go to waste

Very true, but I doubt that we'll ever really get to the root of what happened. Bioware don't think they did anything wrong and that the artistic vision for ME3 and it's ending was a good one.
yup, i hope like ten years from now we'll get some ex-bioware designer just come out and explain what the hell happened

until then i'm blaming multiplayer :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom