• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

life of videogame is hard

FX3mGaf.png

69448516556d351b2ff5f49d950fc887.600x.gif

credit to Kotaku

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
That Destiny video looked a lot like a Halo game. I'd guess balancing it for KB/M would be tough? I never played any of the PC Halos, were they tweaked for having better aim? I imagine you'd be a murder machine with the Halo 1 pistol and mouse aiming.

That Destiny video looked a lot like a Halo game. I'd guess balancing it for KB/M would be tough? I never played any of the PC Halos, were they tweaked for having better aim? I imagine you'd be a murder machine with the Halo 1 pistol and mouse aiming.
There was an interview with Gearbox about that back in the day about how they balanced around using a mouse. They found simply the removal of aim assist felt good as it was and kept it like that. Online play wasn't affected much because it had some of the worst netcode in the entirety of the genre so your accuracy didn't matter much.

Halo 2 Vista took a different approach, there was all sorts of wacky acceleration to mouse input and just made it unplayable using one. Problem solved!

Pretty much what I got out of that video. Looks like a halo clone with a different announcer. Still can't believe they spent 500 million on that game smh.
It doesn't really seem Halo-like at all to me beyond the superficial level of space dudes shooting one another.

derExperte

Destiny's gameplay looks so slow in every video I've seen. Maybe it plays good (can't try it because Sony hates Germany) but so far it's an easy pass for me, no matter what platform.

EdmondD

Annoying from LEGO MARVEL:
Isn't Peter Parker a genius of some sort -- I mean he is in the movies from the late 90s... but I got the feeling he was supposed to be booksmart and not dumb as bricks. And yet, you can't use him on the "intelligence" switches and need to go get Iron Man or Mr. Fantastic or Black WIdow.
This also annoyed me. Yeah, Peter Parker is a genius. Certainly smarter than Widow. Probably even smarter than Tony Stark. Very cool game though despite some dumb stuff like that.

I got to thank Rionaam again for Killing Floor. Holy shit this game rocks. I knew it was good I just didn't know it was this good. Blasting a zed's head in slow motion with a double barrel shotgun is about as good as it gets for me. I look forward to the sequel.

Authority

Banned
Because if there's anything the PC lacks for, it's good first person shooters. Though honestly, the lack of a PC release makes me wonder if they're afraid it isn't good enough to be competitive.

Who is Destiny's rival on PC?

And it is not a good shooter. It is a great shooter let alone an excellent MMO-esque shooter.

Really? I don't find it hard at all. It will inevitably get to PC eventually. Why care

Don't think so because if it does become a system seller, I don't see them doing that. Just like Halo: Master Chief for Xbox.

life of videogame is hard

FX3mGaf.png

credit to Kotaku

FCtF97F.png

DogMeat77

Ah I couldn't help it. Went ahead and got Witcher 3 from a trader on CAG. Probably could have gotten it a few bucks cheaper but his feedback worth the few dollars comfort I guess. $28.

Here's some games from recent bundles that I probably wouldn't have much fun with. Enjoy.

Thank you for Mr Bree+. Cheers!

Salsa

has Pixeljunk Monsters been cheaper than $2.5?

think im just gonna grab it. havent played it since the regular edition on PSP

Uzzy

Because if there's anything the PC lacks for, it's good first person shooters. Though honestly, the lack of a PC release makes me wonder if they're afraid it isn't good enough to be competitive.

The lack of recent experience with making games for PC might also be telling. Halo 1 and 2 were ported to PC by different teams, so I think that the most recent PC game Bungie made was Oni, back in 2001.

And even that was made by Bungie West, a separate team to the main Bungie.

derExperte

Lowest Price: $1.87 at GreenMan Gaming After coupon code FUTEBO-LFESTI-VIDADE (Activates on Steam) (Info)
Historical Low: $1.39 at GameStop PC on Sat, 24 May 2014 (Info)
Number of times this game has been in a bundle: 3 (Info)

EdmondD

Man, Lifeless Planet is so intense. I'm not exactly sure why, but this game totally delivers in terms of atmosphere.
Did somebody here finish it already? Is the ending good? I've been thinking about how the story could turn out.

I really enjoyed this game. Fantastic atmosphere. Yeah, I beat it. I was satisfied with the ending but I would not call it good.

Nzyme32

Don't think so because if it does become a system seller, I don't see them doing that. Just like Halo: Master Chief for Xbox.

Even then it's entirely third party. Activision will always go for the money. Their poor performance on PC due to interest in COD declining may make them pass, but I see it as no loss at all. There are plenty of games to be preoccupied with that are more interesting to me. Halo is first party and so is much more unlikely. Once again, I don't care enough about it. If either hope over, it will join a my very long list of games that I'll eventually get round to. If these were things that concerned me I would buy a console.

Dr Dogg

good god why are people so hung up with the word "HD" with the sleeping dogs "HD" rumor.

Marketing nonsense yet again. Technically speaking High Definition in terms of screen resolution equates to 1280x720 where as 1920x1080 is usually referred to as Full HD. QHD or Quad HD which is 2560x1440 is just the latest in a long line of crazy things manufactures slap on boxes to sell their wares. And don't get me started on UHD or Ultra HD or 4k. Then again if HTML 5 and CSS3 can have logos way before their specs are finalised it says it all about how things are being "sold" to people these days.

Pachimari

Finally got my Be Mine 13 bundle.

And bought Outlast on sale at GamersGate and Batman: Arkham Origins at Nuuvem. Guess they won't be any cheaper at Steam's Summer Sale.

DogMeat77

I just grabbed it last week from GameFly on sale.

I got the PixelJunk 3 pack bundle (Monsters, Eden, Shooter) for $4.59 - 15% off. $3.90

Then I got just Monsters for my wife for for $1.99 + 15% off. $1.69.

Considering they all have cards, you make most the money back at that price lol.

Nzyme32

According to Enhanced Steam, the cheapest it has ever been is right now on greenmangaming using FUTEBO-LFESTI-VIDADE. Currently £1.31 which is probably what you are referring to

Anteater

Marketing nonsense yet again. Technically speaking High Definition in terms of screen resolution equates to 1280x720 where as 1920x1080 is usually referred to as Full HD. UHD or Ultra High Definition which is 2560x1440 is just the latest in a long line of crazy things manufactures slap on boxes to sell their wares. And don't get me started on 4k. Then again if HTML 5 and CSS3 can have logos way before their specs are finalised it says it all about how things are being "sold" to people these days.

Yea I know it's just a dumb marketing term, but I mean the posts that keep pointing out how their PC is already HD. The game might just be a "Redux" kind of deal and could have other improvements other than just a resolution bump, heck maybe Wei Shen's face is getting a make over like Lara :p

Authority

Banned
Uploading some MP highlights from my first game now, PS4 video editor is actually really good. Should be up in 15 minutes. If the full game is like the alpha it's my GOTY easily.

Would be awesome. Send me a PM if I forget to see it.

Even then it's entirely third party. Activision will always go for the money. Their poor performance on PC due to interest in COD declining may make them pass, but I see it as no loss at all. There are plenty of games to be preoccupied with that are more interesting to me. Halo is first party and so is much more unlikely. Once again, I don't care enough about it. If either hope over, it will join a my very long list of games that I'll eventually get round to. If these were things that concerned me I would buy a console.

Regarding Halo,

Halo: Master Chief Collection - Hints Of PC Edition one day?

I watched this earlier but it is hard for me to understand if they are good news or bad news or somewhere in between.

Marketing nonsense yet again. Technically speaking High Definition in terms of screen resolution equates to 1280x720 where as 1920x1080 is usually referred to as Full HD. QHD or Quad HD which is 2560x1440 is just the latest in a long line of crazy things manufactures slap on boxes to sell their wares. And don't get me started on UHD or Ultra Hd or 4k. Then again if HTML 5 and CSS3 can have logos way before their specs are finalised it says it all about how things are being "sold" to people these days.

That was a very informative post!

One more question 1440 x 900 belong to HD right? I am asking because you typed equates; =, so I am just wondering whether between HD and Full HD there is another name for it.

Dr Dogg

Yea I know it's just a dumb marketing term, but I mean the posts that keep pointing out how their PC is already HD, the game might just be a "Redux" kind of deal and could have other improvements other than just a resolution bump, heck maybe Wei Shen's face is getting a make over like Lara :p

Hahaha well my point is that so were the 360 and PS3 versions if they ran at 1280x720 or above (I really can't muster up the energy to go check). Sleepy Dogs: Retouched would be a better monicker or as you say Redux like the Metro games. I think anyone applying a shred of common sense or rational thought knows what SE mean by HD, that's even if it is going to be called that and not just Two Shops making up their own name. For all we know it might follow Tomb Raider's suit and be Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition.

Either way if it does turn out to be true and gets a release with a whole new set of achievements I am on that like a shot. Even if all United Front change are what colour laces Wei has in his shoes.

That was a very informative post!

One more question 1440 x 900 belong to HD right? I am asking because you typed equates; =, so I am just wondering whether between HD and Full HD there is another name for it.

As far as I can remember 1440x900 is classed as HD+. There's a fair few articles kicking around that surmise computer screen resolutions from way back when (when the number of colours had a big factor) right up today where you have stupid things like Full Ultra High Definition to describe 7680x4320. Sounds more like a Capcom suffix for one of their games.

Anything cool happen today?

Holland trounced Spain. Oh sorry wrong thread ;)

jediyoshi

Pretty much what I got out of that video. Looks like a halo clone with a different announcer. Still can't believe they spent 500 million on that game smh.

To be fair, the Halo gameplay similarities start and stop at the point where you shoot guns at stuff. They couldn've made it an Arma game and people would still see it as a Halo clone.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
*sorry for drunk non steam reply*

Guys, you really should get the Battle Isle Platinum pack from GOG, it's only 2,50$ at the moment

http://www.gog.com/game/battle_isle_platinum

I don't know how well this is one known outside of Germany, but you just should get it for this game

Don't get me wrong, Battle Isle 1-3 (and History Line) are all great strategy games (good days back then on the Amiga 500) and worth the price alone, but Incubation is one of my most favorite games ever.

If you're a fan of X-Com/UFO or just like turn based squad tactics game you really should get this one

It's like a mix between X-Com and Space Quest/Warhammer Space Marines

Heck, I bought my first 3D card back in the day just for this game

look at this beast! It has a second PCB on the main PCB!!! sadly one of the worst purchases in my life, the Banshee chip set was trash, 500DM more or less down the drain (damn, that was 1997)

Sorry for not better explaining the greatness of this game, but I'm barely awake at the moment, just check it out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom