• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so my playfire thingie now says I have 50 more cents than i had yesterday, from linking my steam account (although I didnt, it was already, but ok), but my gmg account still says 81cents only (from purchases, as opposed to playfire which says 1.31€), so...whats up with that?

and does anyone have a list of the games you need to play or whatever at the moment? I know floating point and reversion are 2 of them

Tizoc

Well made a few trade offers on TF2 Outpost. Put up a Lvl. 10 item to trade for 2 TF2 Keys...that's about the best I can think up of atm >_>;

Deques

If you look at the publisher on the Star Wars and Indy games the publisher is LucasArts so it's there call when and if they get a discount. The others I think are all published by Warner Bros, even Marvel Super Heroes.

What I find strange is that LEGO Marvel has been discounted more than what LEGO Star Wars and Indy have been discounted together

zkylon

zkylewd
so my playfire thingie now says I have 50 more cents than i had yesterday, from linking my steam account (although I didnt, it was already, but ok), but my gmg account still says 81cents only (from purchases, as opposed to playfire which says 1.31€), so...whats up with that?

and does anyone have a list of the games you need to play or whatever at the moment? I know floating point and reversion are 2 of them

just replace my name by yours here: http://steamlessness.appspot.com/?someSteamIdentifier=zkylon

you might have to login thru steam or something

Dr Dogg

What I find strange is that LEGO Marvel has been discounted more than LEGO Star Wars and Indy together

I keep on meaning to pick up the DLC but GMG don't carry it and I always miss the GameFly or Amazon sales and Steam typically hasn't had it discounted the last couple of times it's been on offer. Though I am closing in on owning all the Lego games on Steam soon just need to get round to playing them now :p.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Not very far in (just about to talk to the Council about the reapers), so no cool conversations yet and so far all the fights have been boring hallway fights. I'm vanguard so usually I charge into a couple of them and fire a shotgun blast or two in the explosion, then drop a nova to fuck up anyone else nearby, then tell my team to use powers that fuck anyone else up while I run to cover again. Shit ends sooo fast and there is no real thinking involved.

This is sadly a summary of the entire game, especially concerning a vanguard play through. The only caution I will mention is that you will experience the writing sharply decline as you proceed further into the story.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

It takes some time for GMG to fully sync with Playfire (usually half a day for me).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This is sadly a summary of the entire game, especially concerning a vanguard play through. The only caution I will mention is that you will experience the writing sharply decline as you proceed further into the story.
Nooooooo... ME2 was so good, man. How could they fall back from that? I don't even give a fuck about the plot so long as the tactics and events were badass like ME2. I also just watched TB's video on NFS Rivals, and then there was also Dragon Age 2 and the Sim City fiasco, and I think the BF4 stuff is overstated but it's also where it counts the most for them. Real bad string of fuckups, but didn't they switch management over all this shit?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks!

I got Beyond Good & Evil, can't wait to play it once I get free time.

Great game, though it has been a good few years since I've played it. It's a pity (though not much of a surprise) that Ubi didn't bring the PS360 HD remaster to the PC.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut is on sale for 10 Euro's on GamersGate.
You could also buy the Deus Ex Collection which includes Deus Ex: GOTY, Invisible War AND Human Revolution's Director's Cut for 7,50...

Logic.
I can't seem to find it.

Sub Zero

So what the Shadow Of Mordor story? Seen it being talked about quite a bit around here. Cheap somewhere?

Classic revenge story. Main character's family gets slaughtered by orcs and he infiltrates Mordor to take revenge. Don't know if the story will be good but the gameplay and this Nemesis system look really promising

Edit: Oh, and yes I'm giving it away :p

Salsa

Blacklist is fun

looks like shit on my TV tho for some reason. Guess I'll sit on a chair in front of a monitor like a PC GAMER UGH

Sub Zero

also lol I got a tag >_>

my tag is better

pthththt.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hello SteamGAF, I've missed you. I'm counting on the next Steam Sales thread and everyone's excited posts to help remind me to keep an eye on Steam between moments of World Cup games.

Picked up a Wii U. This system should make the perfect companion for my gtx 770. I'm still all in for the summer sale.

Welcome to the club. If you have Mario Kart 8, make sure to take a look over at the main thread for it. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830788
Plenty of racing always going on there and everyone is a friendly bunch.

Sub Zero is giving it away

also lol I got a tag >_>

Best way to get a tag too, through actions and deeds.

Rhaknar

these "play for the first time" playfire thingies... I assume just launching the game works for that, even if you just launch, lets say, the little resolution / quality screen that all Unity games seem to launch first?

Steam says im running the game technically, and it works for cards

these "play for the first time" playfire thingies... I assume just launching the game works for that, even if you just launch, lets say, the little resolution / quality screen that all Unity games seem to launch first?

Yes, it works as long as the game appears in your history.

JaseC

Yes.

Edit: Curse you, 60-second cooldown.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Shadow of Mordor looks pretty good but combat looks...weird. Not the gameplay itself, but the whole bowling sim attached to it. In every video I watched of it so far almost every Orc (& Co.) loses it's head when defeated, even when stabbed in the belly. And they fly so gracefully through the air.

But besides those gross details, i'm still interested in the game. I really hope the explorational elements are well done. I want to really be able to explore the LoTR universe, and there hasn't really been that many games where that's possible in and done well.

I think the one aspect of Thief '14 that I actually like are the client jobs. There's no heavy handed cinematics and there's no scripted rooftop parkour chase scenes. You just meet someone, get a job to steal something and what narrative there is you absorb by listening to conversations or picking up notes and books in the area the job is taking place in. You just go and steal something, the (side)story is there for you to take in or ignore.

Sub Zero

Shadow of Mordor looks pretty good but combat looks...weird. Not the gameplay itself, but the whole bowling sim attached to it. In every video I watched of it so far almost every Orc (& Co.) loses it's head when defeated, even when stabbed in the belly. And they fly so gracefully through the air.

But besides those gross details, i'm still interested in the game. I really hope the explorational elements are well done. I want to really be able to explore the LoTR universe, and there hasn't really been that many games where that's possible in and done well.

Gore seems to be on par with that of the movies and from what I've seen it's extremely well received so far

JaseC

I think the one aspect of Thief '14 that I actually like are the client jobs. There's no heavy handed cinematics and there's no scripted rooftop parkour chase scenes. You just meet someone, get a job to steal something and what narrative there is you absorb by listening to conversations or picking up notes and books in the area the job is taking place in. You just go and steal something, the (side)story is there for you to take in or ignore.

Haha, so it's not all bad, then.

JaseC

Is the blacklist coop for the main campaign or is it seperate like in conviction? If seperate is it as good as convictions? That was the best part of that game especially the ending.

The latter. Main campaign is solo; co-op is specific missions.

Rhaknar

Save up to 75% on Daedalic banner on Gamersgate

...no game is actually 75%. Well ok then

Rhaknar

Evolve on GMG will be a steam key aparently. nice price too, at least for us euros (39.99€)

Phinor

Evolve on GMG will be a steam key aparently. nice price too, at least for us euros (39.99€)

I wonder if the price is actually 39.99€ when it finally becomes buyable. They've had it up on GMG for that price for maybe six+ months now, with no buy button. It's a $59.99 title in North America so...

Thorgal

I think i am developing Steam buy withdrawal .
I have been stalking that buy button with my mouse for the last 15 minutes .

Hurry up 18th!

Sub Zero

Speaking of 2K. Anybody know when they usually open up preorders for their games? From what I've noticed Squeenix and WB seem to open them up months in advance but not 2K.

JaseC

oh of course. Alien Isolation also a steam key, since its Sega. both of those and Mordor are all this year right, in theory?

Yeah, both hit in October. Mordor would have been delayed alongside Batman if it weren't going to make it.

Speaking of 2K. Anybody know when they usually open up preorders for their games? From what I've noticed Squeenix and WB seem to open them up months in advance but not 2K.

Borderlands 2 went up three months before its release date. This doesn't necessarily mean Evolve pre-orders will go live next month, though.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
One night away and all hell breaks loose in here :p

I checked my Modbot history for the first time and there are still lots of unclaimed games from my past giveaways

fell free to take them all

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Cognition An Erica Reed Thriller Episode 2 (Desura) -- MB-FEB1F569A470480B
ulgzbKC.png
Survivor Squad (Desura) -- MB-943A7B72BEEA9771
ulgzbKC.png
Battlegroup (Desura) -- MB-457C39660524C406
ulgzbKC.png
Cognition Episode 1 The Hangman (Desura) -- MB-30FF4EEAE721065F
ulgzbKC.png
Battlegroup (Desura) #2 -- MB-AB7FF744C3FAF99D
ulgzbKC.png
Micron (Desura) -- MB-90A230EB26582D29
ulgzbKC.png
Hack Slash Loot (Desura) -- MB-66246616B11F6ECD - Taken by user237
ulgzbKC.png
Project Night (Desura) -- MB-EDD8B3CB766160C0
Hacker Evolution Duality Inception Part 2 -- MB-3C3EE1B1A52E8D9F - Taken by Pakkidis
ulgzbKC.png
Pulse Shift (Desura) -- MB-65E5DEF11E4FF2E5
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-422C967E70FBE3C9
ulgzbKC.png
Undead Legions (Desura) -- MB-99822925148F6507
ulgzbKC.png
Super Panda Adventures (Desura) -- MB-944DC3FC7FFBBEFD
ulgzbKC.png
Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 Tides of Fate (Desura) -- MB-14D9C456880B2E0B
ulgzbKC.png
YELAXOT (Desura) -- MB-EFC7795933D992FD
ulgzbKC.png
Cognition An Erica Reed Thriller Episode 1 (Desura) -- MB-0A37DF3FE932A149 - Taken by Mikurden

Rhaknar

Yeah, both hit in October. Mordor would have been delayed alongsight Batman if it weren't going to make it.

cool, guess the whole "OMG EVERYTHING IS 2015" thing is a bit of a exageration

Rhaknar

hate these slumps where I dont feel like playing anything
not even Marvel *gasp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom