• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Nooooooo... ME2 was so good, man. How could they fall back from that? I don't even give a fuck about the plot so long as the tactics and events were badass like ME2. I also just watched TB's video on NFS Rivals, and then there was also Dragon Age 2 and the Sim City fiasco, and I think the BF4 stuff is overstated but it's also where it counts the most for them. Real bad string of fuckups, but didn't they switch management over all this shit?

Combination of awful writers and a desire from the Bioware/EA management to make a game simultaneously for core and casual gamers.

Riccitiello was fired after the stock price dropped below $20 and he was unable to raise it. FIFA, Madden and Battlefield were the only major brands. Everything else generally underperformed or were disasters.

The_Monk

It seems that my sort of game that make success on Game Dev Tycoon are those only focused for kids. And here I was trying to make a Theme Hospital successor a good title on PC, eh!

hate these slumps where I dont feel like playing anything
not even Marvel *gasp

Get Dragon's Crown on the Vita, honest answer, I think you will like it.

BibiMaghoo

I really want to try Blacklist, it's been on my wishlist for a while, and is now on sale.

Anyone here played it? Is it a good stealth game?

It seems that my sort of game that make success on Game Dev Tycoon are those only focused for kids. And here I was trying to make a Theme Hospital successor a good title on PC, eh!

I got it from PS+ and I'm loving it, very nice action game.

KainXVIII

Here is a bunch of desura keys, hope they still works, maybe someone needs them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KainXVIII:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE -- MB-6691EFB0E572F646 - Taken by Catshade
NOIR SYNDROME -- MB-8B85CB26D1FE040F - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 4 entrants total.
RAILYARD MATCH-3 EVOLVED -- MB-5058C45992B5A0C5 - Taken by Zero-Crescent
SHUFFLEPUCK CANTINA DELUXE -- MB-67756EABC55E3D69 - Taken by Dice. 2 entrants total.
TRACE VECTOR -- MB-5120D740E26E7F53 - Taken by Henry Swanson
BATTLEPATHS -- MB-AE1F806456B8E9FA
LUMINOSITY -- MB-A242B8C536276529 - Taken by Henry Swanson
MAGICIANS & LOOTERS -- MB-EF7C7CC20AF9DA5A - Taken by Cth. 1 entrants total.
BANZAI PECAN LAST HOPE FOR THE YOUNG CENTURY -- MB-0899E244D898F94A - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
YELAXOT -- MB-EB03066D2A29570B - Taken by Sammichu
THE LOOTCASTLE -- MB-7D75662DC21CA22D - Taken by Henry Swanson

DREAMING SARAH -- MB-2CC96DF68A5E7189 - Taken by rainking187
6180 THE MOON DELUXE -- MB-7537B916EDA81A88 - Taken by Henry Swanson
PAPER DUNGEONS -- MB-894CD95D9A93B0B7 - Taken by NingenJanai. 6 entrants total.

t1402842071z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to try Blacklist, it's been on my wishlist for a while, and is now on sale.

Anyone here played it? Is it a good stealth game?

Yes. It is a bit streamlined due to supporting an action, stealth, and mix styled play through. But at its core it is a decent entry into the Splinter Cell library.

Sam's new face is awful though.

Ruruja

Spare.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

IHF Handball Challenge 12 -- MB-F0A9684DADD6884A - Taken by Milamber

Milamber

No idea why but I'm starting over Sleeping Dogs again. This game is like Skyrim to me now, it's like my 5th restart, but without the mods.

BibiMaghoo

Go back 10 or 20 pages and you'll see various posts pimping it.

Yes. It is a bit streamlined due to supporting an action, stealth, and mix styled play through. But at its core it is a decent entry into the Splinter Cell library.

Sam's new face is awful though.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/JustLynx/recommended/235600/

That's my review,
TL:DR: I loved every second of it and I highly recommend it, the only annoying thing about it is it's Uplay :( so disable cloud saves if you get it and you'll be fine...

Thank you peoples. I just remembered no Ironside, and had forgotten about Uplay, which means no Achievements or cards. Ubi really have tried to make me not buy this game.

But for £6, I think I can live with it. Thanks again.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Combination of awful writers and a desire from the Bioware/EA management to make a game simultaneously for core and casual gamers.

Riccitiello was fired after the stock price dropped below $20 and he was unable to raise it. FIFA, Madden and Battlefield were the only major brands. Everything else generally underperformed or were disasters.
Well we have almost no info for ME4 except they want you to "make it yours" but if that falls along similar lines to what they are doing with DA3, that could be amazing. DA3 looks really good, like they hashed out some serious structural issues and also decided to not be afraid to get deep/complex, where you are influencing things and strategizing, not just hitting up a map full of checklists like a lot of open world games.

I wonder how much competition with Witcher drove that and how much is simply new EA management realizing that core gamer opinions strongly influence your legacy post-hype-effect and that eventually catches up to affecting brand power with casual gamers, nullifying a sizable portion of hype-effect. I mean, bringing back Mirror's Edge seems so unlike them, you know? I hold tentative hope for the future of EA after all these trainwrecks and worst-company ratings hopefully shook them up a bit.

Tizoc

Haven't seen Doc Seuss in a while >_>;

Here is a bunch of desura keys, hope they still works, maybe someone needs them.

Entered for Noir Syndrome, but only upon replying to this post do I realize it's a Desura Key XD.
Thanks for the giveaway though.

Ah, I meant Sleeping Dogs 5 times. My Skyrim is like more than 30+.

Never finished btw. Always stop somewhere, play other games, then come back to it and decide to do it from the beginning again. Rinse and repeat.
That's...more understandable, if you were doing thorough playthroughs every time, then you got some serious issues.

Tizoc

@Jase- Ah I see, hope things get better for him, I know GAFfers tend to request a ban to straighten or work on some stuff without the distraction of GAF.

What the heck is handball!? Isn't that American football?

EDIT: Cheers! Gonna find out.

Nah Handball is like Basketball only the goal is to slam the ball into someone's face.
American Football is the wussy variation of Rugby.

JustLynx

Thank you peoples. I just remembered no Ironside, and had forgotten about Uplay, which means no Achievements or cards. Ubi really have tried to make me not buy this game.

But for £6, I think I can live with it. Thanks again.

tbh, the Uplay achievements are much better, since they actually give you points to open some in-game items (they should've been included anyways but still it gives you a nice feeling of an achievement :p)

Anyways, you're making the right choice imo :)
I enjoyed every second of it! I hope you will too :]
don't forget to disable the cloud save in uplay!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
don't forget to disable the cloud save in uplay!

Better yet, back up your saves manually after quitting the game but before exiting Uplay. They'll be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[account id string]\[game id].

Dice

110 hours of Skyrim.

Only finished Act 1 of main storyline and stormcloaks storyline.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I got a 3month PS+ sub the other day for Dragons Crown, im liking it, was just playing it a bit. But even then, I get bored after 15 minutes. Maybe I have OCD

I had that problem. Then I started Wildstar, and now my life is lost.

Oh the woes of MMOs.

mmos are perfect fr slumps (hell, why I play marvel so much I guess) but I hated both times I tried the Wildstar beta. which is a shame because I love the art style... maybe I should try one of those 7 day guess passes, see if on live anything changed. I doubt it tho...pretty sure a friend of mine had some passes

Uzzy

Well we have almost no info for ME4 except they want you to "make it yours" but if that falls along similar lines to what they are doing with DA3, that could be amazing. DA3 looks really good, like they hashed out some serious structural issues and also decided to not be afraid to get deep/complex, where you are influencing things and strategizing, not just hitting up a map full of checklists like a lot of open world games.

I'd love to believe that DA3 can be good. But it's made by the same people who thought DA2 was in any way acceptable as a Bioware product. So I'll be waiting for reviews, discounts and a Steam release.

At least we got Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 1 out of Bioware.

I'd love to believe that DA3 can be good. But it's made by the same people who thought DA2 was in any way acceptable as a Bioware product. So I'll be waiting for reviews, discounts and a Steam release.

At least we got Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 1 out of Bioware.
ME2 is pretty good, and you can refund games on Origin now.

Tizoc

Glad to see Cognition getting some love. Absolutely adored that game when I finished it earlier in the year.

Would love to hear your thoughts when you've played more.

I made a LTTP for this game some months ago.
While I didn't like the graphics, the voice acting is superb.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any Dragons Crown experts lurking around? I dont feel like diving into the OT, I just have a few questions that I could hopefully PM someone about

Was he really drunk or it's just a joke because of his tag?

im straight edge (like CM Punk, only fat and unsucessful) so no, I wasnt drunk

The_Monk

I got a 3month PS+ sub the other day for Dragons Crown, im liking it, was just playing it a bit. But even then, I get bored after 15 minutes. Maybe I have OCD

I love the game but I also play in very short bursts. One or two missions before going to bed, perfect for when you are dead tired.

any Dragons Crown experts lurking around? I dont feel like diving into the OT, I just have a few questions that I could hopefully PM someone about

Not an expert, at all but I could search and try to help you.

What happened to you get a tag?

Kindness. :)

On a side note, I need to get back to Typing of the Dead. I'm so bad at this game, glad that there are two modes but I'm going to test some of the DLC since I have them all. The story is one of those that it's so cheesy that it gets good due the amount of silliness.

Dice

and a Steam release.
I see you won't be playing any EA games anymore.

I might move on to Revengeance since Arkham Origins and ME3 are disappointing me. Platinum Games knows how to keep it fresh!

Lain

After reading about JaseC misadventures with AC saves, I tried using GSM, but this all the program does for me every time I try to start it:
jUP.png

so I've given up trying to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom