• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myshkin

My operating principles:

1. Wait for the dailies.

B. Anything discounted more than 91% is a price error. Better be quick.

3. Vote for the game I want on sale, not for the game I think will win the vote. I don't get anything for guessing right. (Similarly wise, if taking the Pepsi challenge, the challenge is not about guessing which soft drink is the Pepsi.)

Vuze

Oh man. I just got why they chose "Sail" as background track on gaben.tv.

Because "Sail" and "Sale"... guh. Man, I'm slow haha

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
This'll be worth picking up if you're new to Saints Row, assuming it goes up in time.

Weird that they would release this before the SRIV complete edition. Hopefully it's not some scummy tactic to make people who want IV+all DLC buy the other two games even though 90% of them already own them from that DS/THQ bundle

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no, the Summer Seal is about to begin? But I just bought this:
vRs1L9f.jpg

Can't we please ask Gabe to postpone it for a month or two?

Arthea

War of The Vikings is not new, it just had some DLC released

Valve should stick with new games only on the new releases tab

Oh, that would explain it! It seemed odd, but I don't see any dlc released either. I wonder what's up with this.

I keep seeing this but I'm usually pretty weak and fall victim to the flash sales.

What advantages do dailies have over flash sales?

flash > daily, almost always, only following flash deals leads to abandoning sleep altogether, but as I'm already practising that...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no, the Summer Seal is about to begin? But I just bought this:

Can't we please ask Gabe to postpone it for a month or two?

Damn, that's pretty hard to find at a decent price too. Have fun! :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lol Bloodborne is supposedly requiring PS+ for online functionality. I guess that's the price you pay when only Sony ever could have funded this title (sarcasm) and no other platform will ever be allowed to play it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash 2 Special Edition -- MB-FE8A55117CDB22DA - Taken by nbnt. 2 entrants total.
Syberia II -- MB-5E6A9403B647FF0D - Taken by KevMan1815. 4 entrants total.
Oniken -- MB-03B9D9434C6F9FF4 - Taken by tjohn86. 5 entrants total.

t1403183439z1.png

Not sure how to access the other Games from the Happy Hour. At least for now I give these away, since I won quite a lot these past few days.

SeZMehK

There, I brought my laptop to work since my workplace has the steam site blocked. I am now ready to waste my day at work looking at the sale, lol.

Nabs

Lol Bloodborne is supposedly requiring PS+ for online functionality. I guess that's the price you pay when only Sony ever could have funded this title (sarcasm) and no other platform will ever be allowed to play it.

Yikes.

I need help with the PS4 controller on PC.

It's all set up but RE 6 is thinking 2 controllers are plugged into slot 1.

If you're using a program like DS4Tools or DS4Windows you need to click on "Hide DS4"

MUnited83

For you.

Of course it requires PS+ for online. Why would it be any different? Only F2P games can be played without PS+.

Pachimari

Oh wow, I didn't even expect to win Rise of Nations: Extended Edition. I just quickly entered before heading out the door, but I really wanted it so thank you mcfishstick!

fantomena

I thought that is obvious. "Only" F2P titles does not require Plus. Still I don't care. Bloodborne would never exist without Sony, but of course, the need of Plus is still sad.

Edit: Just got Bernadoed.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The Stanley Parable is a really good meta-game. The game investigates the relationship between the character, the player (you), the narrator and the game developers. (Almost) The entire game is set in a dull source-created office landscape, yet managed to keep my interest all along because of the wonderfully executed narration.

You can play through it in probably half an hour on your first go, but the game has tons of different endings, and you can approach the game in lots of different ways. I played it for 2,5 hours today, and I believe I got all the endings, or at least as many as I fancy for now.

So for the few of you who don't own it yet, pick it up on the sale! The rest of you should probably actually play it too.

I really don't mind PSN+ as a really cheap way to get games. I bought my Vita pretty much due to the fact that I would get Uncharted, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush all for the $40 that i paid for with 15 months of service. It came out to $2.67 a month when i did the math. It's a bargain, really, but I guess if you're only reason to subscribe is to get online multiplayer access then, yeah, what a bummer.

fantomena

People weren't expecting it apparently. But yeah, when will Valve give us free games with a PS+ plan right?

Why compare closed plattform with an open plattform?

I would also personally say that the people expecting Bloodborne online to be free is kinda out of knowledge. We kinda already know what will require Plus.

didamangi

I'm not wishing much for this sale. 50% off Child of Light and Banished please and thank you.

Gonna try hard on that TF2 summer game or whatever though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, that's pretty hard to find at a decent price too. Have fun! :)
Thanks, I will! And it was hard indeed, I've been looking for it since last November (to play it at a friend's PS3, since I only got mine 2 weeks ago), and couldn't find it anywhere. By pure luck I found a store that had two spare copies not far from home, and it was even a bit cheaper than the Amazon price (not counting the shipping fees; though with our current customs policies I probably wouldn't have been able to import it). Looks like they forgot they had them, because the price should have been much higher and they had to get it from the warehouse or something (I'm not complaining, of course!).

Trejik

Hmm I think I messed up somewhere. Just realized dS4 tool isn't even recognizing if as a real ps4 controller

Make sure that you have the 360 Controller drivers properly installed and working, open up SCPServer and, even though I have no idea why, changing some things for the controller helped me out. Give it a custom light color or something similar. If a game doesn't recognize it as an Xbox360 controller, restart it and mark the "Hide DS4" option.

Honestly after the first time I set it up it's been flawless.

flash > daily, almost always, only following flash deals leads to abandoning sleep altogether, but as I'm already practising that...

In my experience, the flash and daily sales are exactly the same discount. The only advantage flash sales have are the odd chance you can get the game before it becomes a daily.

Also, thanks for Antisquad! Looks like a fun little turn-based. Looking forward to giving it a go. :)

I'd add more of you but you keep beating my Metal Slug 3 scores, which I thought were pretty good. :(

Steamid: tehgodfather

Add me for TF2 kill spree super fun time. Or L4D2. Or haunt me in Dark Souls :(

_hekk05

Banned
I don't play TF2. Am I doing it wrong?

Probably will play it with gaffers if there are freebies to grab
that will sell for shit loads of money in the future

I don't play it either, but have it installed, I hate that they keep updating it like every 4 days and it has to download a few hundred mb, I should just uninstall it.

Ezra2680

Are we sure its related to the summer sale and not the bread thing. Or maybe its both? Bread themed summer sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom