• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty stoked for this sale, even though there isn't anything I'm looking for in particular. If nothing else, it will provide much needed respite or distraction from this rough patch my life seems dead set on stopping in.

If it turns out to be a meta-game like the greatest Steam sale of all time
at least, that I participated in
then glory be to Gaben, hallowed be his name.

onionfrog

Thanks for Rock of Ages, Corpekata.

Sale Starting soon is the perfect time to wade through all the bundle pages and dig up (hopefully) unused keys. Have at it!
Thanks for Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed!
I've heard great things about it. As a big SEGA fan I'm excited to try it out!

Ezra2680

Crap. My credit card wouldn't let me add funds to my wallet last night so I used my debit card instead. Forgetting about the restrictions it puts on you for using a new payment method, so now I can't use the market until June 25th :(

Gaben, pls

Aarklash Legacy and and Larry Reloaded, at least 70% off.

Pls.

More people should buy and play Aarklash Legacy, it's fantastic. That's an order. Sort of.

This makes me sad:

gsXbujm.jpg

Thanks for International Snooker JaseC!

Ezra2680

Could you paraphrase what this says? I'm at work and all steam sites are blocked. I just know when I went to the market on my phone that it said I recently added funds from a new payment method so I was blocked until the 25th.

Edit: I see a link now that says I can verify the funds now. Thanks for making me double check!

Zapages

is strike vector worth it for 6 dollars? I don't like FPSes as I get motion sickness but I can handle 3rd person shooters without any problem like War Thunder, Transformers Cybertron, and Strike Suit Zero.

I'm sure most people have these, but for those who do not:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-EAAA27DC35561553 - Taken by liezryou
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-80B8260B2484D4DA - Taken by drgambit

Corpekata

Banned
Could you paraphrase what this says? I'm at work and all steam sites are blocked. I just know when I went to the market on my phone that it said I recently added funds from a new payment method so I was blocked until the 25th.

Basically when you get home follow that link it has other links. You'll be able to verify your card right away.

You can removes the restriction manually by verifying your card. Steam will put two pending charges on it which will never go through and you just have to enter the amount that they charged.

EDIT: The actual quote
The verification involves two small authorizations being placed on the credit card. The authorizations never clear and will always remain in the pending state and eventually disappear on their own. To verify the card, you enter the amount of the two authorizations

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Valve really needs to add a warning, complete with a tickbox, to the confirmation screen. Something like:

"Warning: The funding method you have selected has not previously been used on the Steam Store. As the funds will need be verified, if you proceed you will be unable to use the Community Market until [date and time]."

Edit: Actually, Valve's solution, which is literally hours old, is even better.

Valve really needs to add a warning, complete with a tickbox, to the confirmation screen. Something like:

"Warning: The funding method you have selected has not previously been used on the Steam Store. As the funds will need be verified, if you proceed you will not be able to use the Community Market until [date and time]."

But aren't they doing the tempban without warning just to check if you know your card and not someone who got a hold of your account.

milena87

Mwhahah, I just got confirmation that Telecom finally updated my internet connection. I'm totally ready to download some new games!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But aren't they doing the tempban without warning just to check if you know your card and not someone who got a hold of your account.

Yeah, that's presumably what the fund verification refers to, however people fun afoul of the restriction consistently, so there needs to be some sort of measure in place to stop accidental lock-outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom