• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exuro

Is there anyway to disable the in game AA in dark souls outside of the game? It crashes everytime I go to the settings.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Alright let's get the new thread started right with some giveaways. I have some stored up from the GameStop digital PC sale.

DuckTales Giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

DuckTales Remastered -- MB-97EFA2C9EFD3A6F3 - Taken by Kryptonite. 14 entrants total.

t1401587622z1.png

Exuro

Do you already have DSfix installed?
Maybe you should remove it first, boot, disable AA, then replace it?
Like I said the game crashes when I go to pc settings. This is with or without dsfix.

edit: figured it out. Even thoug hI set my 144hz monitor to 60hz it didnt like it so i made my second monitor main, started it up and it worked.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Levyne

Banned
Can I ask a dumb modbot question?

THREAD threadurl
(e.g. THREAD http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641)
If you are posting in a thread that is NOT the current Steam thread, but you want the auto-edit functionality to work, please include this rule along with the thread URL for the thread you're posting in.

Doing this allows me to give away a game in another thread? I only ask for confirmation because I've never seen a modbot giveaway in any other thread but the steam thread.

Dupy

Alpha Protocol and Tony Hawk HD Giveaway

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD -- MB-09F65DE5872459C0 - Taken by BernardoOne. 18 entrants total.
Alpha Protocol -- MB-BA93D0D6D1725742 - Taken by ItsGeeMcGee. 5 entrants total.

t1401588668z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can I ask a dumb modbot question?

THREAD threadurl
(e.g. THREAD http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641)
If you are posting in a thread that is NOT the current Steam thread, but you want the auto-edit functionality to work, please include this rule along with the thread URL for the thread you're posting in.

Doing this allows me to give away a game in another thread? I only ask for confirmation because I've never seen a modbot giveaway in any other thread but the steam thread.

Yes, it does. People have done it, a handful of times (JaseC did a mega giveaway in a separate thread for convenience sake too). I'm not super happy with the process so I haven't advertised it more. I hope to be able to work with gromph some day to find a solution that will let modbot find the giveaway post no matter where it is posted.

Levyne

Banned
Yes, it does. People have done it, a handful of times (JaseC did a mega giveaway in a separate thread for convenience sake too). I'm not super happy with the process so I haven't advertised it more. I hope to be able to work with gromph some day to find a solution that will let modbot find the giveaway post no matter where it is posted.

Ah. Alright. At least it's functional. Thanks for confirming that for me.

The_Monk

E3 in June, Summer sale (hopefully) in July and Wasteland 2 will release in August. Then a lot of titles to be released by the end of the year, as usual. I love it!

Ooh A new thread! I finally finished Hotline Miami after like 4 months of purchase. The final boss fight annoyed the hell out of me <_<

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yup. Uplay is so unnecessary. I like the cool little in-game unlocks you can get with the points, but as a games service is just an artificial step I have to take to play my games.

Cool in-game unlocks for Rayman Legend:
- In-game points
- More in-game points
- More in-game points
- More in-game points

Yes, really.

Please ignore this completely -- MB-0025915454B94DA1 - Taken by Stumpokapow

- In-game points
- More in-game points
- More in-game points
- More in-game points

Yes, really.

I know in the last 2 Splinter Cells and Watch Dogs they are gun unlocks. In Trials they were outfit unlocks. Which are cool, but they should just be regular unlocks as opposed to loyalty rewards.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
- In-game points
- More in-game points
- More in-game points
- More in-game points

Yes, really.

You can unlock a whole costume via Uplay in the PS4/X1 version of the game. For 100 Uplay points.

Yeah, the only Uplay reward that ever seemed worth it was the multiplayer mode unlock in ZombiU, which is itself kind of shit. Locking an entire mode behind Uplay is pretty awful.

73V3N

Banned
about SFIV

I saved my GFWL key before they upgraded it to steamworks, are these keys still redeemable? or are they useless after they upgraded?

Finished up Bastion. I think my biggest takeaway from it is just how masterfully paced it is in just about all ways. I love how every bit of initiated dialogue is at most two sentences, there is really nothing about the game that drags whatsoever. Even replaying it a couple times I found myself being as thorough as I was my first time through, because none of it ever bogs the game down. I also liked the difficulty modifiers and the incentives added for using them.

Really happy with it, my only gripe is how you acquire new weaponry or skills and how they overwrite your current loadout until you find another armoury, but it was only a slight annoyance at worst. Can't wait to buy and play Transistor in a year or two.

The DS4's DPAD seems very good to me, though I am no expert. Would that be acceptable?
All controllers are acceptable, you see tourney players using PS3 and 360 pads to good effect. Just go with whatever works.

Unless you're the biggest G
or Milamber
and use a dakimakura stick.

Bo7XuMRIcAEjNL5.jpg

danielcw

Am I allowed to post a reminder of my giveaway from the last thread?

EDIT: and will Modbot be able to handle it in both threads?

Dupy

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Giveaway

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition -- MB-268876BBBA953D8D - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom