• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Games! Some old stuff, they shouldn't be used, but may be. Good luck!

Thank you for Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP! Suppose I should give back to the community, even though I was planning on giving this away under other circumstances. In case I mess it up, just give me a heads up and I'll fix it, as usual.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starbound -- MB-E2EBBA9E4283F765 - Taken by SinineSiil. 45 entrants total.

t1401676861z1.png

Pachimari

ModBot said:
Instructions for Madridista:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To The Moon -- MB-DBC507A157F1BC18 - Taken by Fox318. 3 entrants total.

t1401509794z1.png
I wasn't taken from the May thread. So I think this is first come.

Shade

Some more games! Should be unused, apologies in advance if they are, good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Closure -- MB-CF9105D5DA629972 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
Tiny and Big in Grandpas Leftovers -- MB-05DEB4D5AADA333B - Taken by Vuze. 3 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-CC46FAEE5F42D899 - Taken by Alduin. 3 entrants total.
Stealth Bastard Deluxe The Teleporter Chambers -- MB-F2244A175A1F31B7 - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
Atom Zombie Smasher -- MB-145A786B7234E371 - Taken by denx. 2 entrants total.
Broken Sword Directors Cut -- MB-9844FDFF56DD541C - Taken by Exuro. 2 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-2025B21D6304E13F - Taken by Sky Chief. 3 entrants total.
TopWare Interactive Earth 2160 -- MB-894CA3EC42D880D0 - Taken by Kyougar. 3 entrants total.
Shank 2 -- MB-2A1952A5D4C32715 - Taken by saunderez. 2 entrants total.
DEADLIGHT -- MB-3FE59E6570CC34F1 - Taken by jmizzal. 9 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-3E0DBA67E8AD2D16 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 1 entrants total.
Dungeon Defenders plus All DLC -- MB-E6A356201008A987 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-0C1083003089DB7A - Taken by C4rter. 2 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-8FC2765511E34211 - Taken by Ruruja. 3 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-7D0A27A7B9F6118F - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-0478394973EE2952 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 3 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-DFE94EE5AA2FF520 - Taken by Vince McMahon. 3 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-3688DB3344F1596D - Taken by Sammichu. 4 entrants total.
Red Faction Armageddon -- MB-50A981D8DF44E576 - Taken by Deadbeat. 2 entrants total.
Intrusion 2 -- MB-3AE487DD6FD7C0F5 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Capsized -- MB-D1853381D2346FA2 - Taken by xninjav. 5 entrants total.

t1401591856z1.png

Aaron D.

I kinda wanna play this thing

It's F2P tho so it's probably evil

I haven't played it yet, but the Gamers With Jobs podcast crew RAVED about The Hunter for weeks.

Key takeaways were incredible game engine, immersive environment, authentic experience (popping off only a couple shots an hour), and completely fair F2P model.

I can't wait for it to drop either as I understand that it's an amazing world to just get lost in. Which is odd as I'm kind of anti-hunter (for sport) in real life.

denx

Thanks for the reminder! :) If the day comes I can always use the 360 controller if all else fails or the issue is permanent. I played with a controller once, I can do it again (I also finished Dead Space 1 with the controller except one part of the game).

It still amazes me that people can actually play first person shooters with a controller. I've tried and it just seems impossible to me.

Actually, the closest I've come to enjoying a FPS with a controller was Halo 4 when I played a bit of it with a friend. Funny how people usually say it's one of the worst Halo games yet it's the only Halo game (or FPS in general) that I actually got some fun from playing it with a controller.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway

Unfortunately this needs to be registered through U-Play but this still seems like the best thread to give it away in. I'll stick to Steam in the future.

Holy crap, I won :O

Thanks a lot Dupy!!

Come on BinaryPork, we're not all you. Thread's not even a day old and you want us to have five posts in it before we can enter the raffle? :(

Lomax

It still amazes me that people can actually play first person shooters with a controller. I've tried and it just seems impossible to me.

Actually, the closest I've come to enjoying a FPS with a controller was Halo 4 when I played a bit of it with a friend. Funny how people usually say it's one of the worst Halo games yet it's the only Halo game (or FPS in general) that I actually got some fun from playing it with a controller.

When I started playing Bulletstorm again this afternoon I tried a controller first because some of the leash stuff and trick shots seemed like they would be intended for a controller, but I gave up after about a half hour and went back to KB/M. It's clearly not ideal using the keyboard controls, but I just can't aim worth a damn with a controller.

Exuro

Come on BinaryPork, we're not all you. Thread's not even a day old and you want us to have five posts in it before we can enter the raffle? :(
Thank you for pointing this out. Do we need to have already had 5 posts when we pm Modbot or do we just need 5 posts before it finishes? If its the former then that sucks :(

edit: looks like there's no worries then.

Halo 4 features some of the strongest aim-assist/bullet magnetism in the series, so that might be the contributing factor there. Halo 3 had some frustration for me, I just had no finesse with grenade tosses all the while wishing I could use a mouse. Doesn't stop people from being wizards with it.

When I started playing Bulletstorm again this afternoon I tried a controller first because some of the leash stuff and trick shots seemed like they would be intended for a controller, but I gave up after about a half hour and went back to KB/M. It's clearly not ideal using the keyboard controls, but I just can't aim worth a damn with a controller.
One of my biggest gripes with Bulletstorm is how redundant leashing and kicking felt. The results were usually an enemy floating in front of you in bullet time; makes me really wish I could toggle that off because it really hampered any satisfaction I could get in creatively using the environment and I could just shoot them just fine in realtime anyway.

Okay guys, I get it, I didn't read the ending of that line! Please stop piling on...

now to see how gifting in modbot works so I can get in on that.

derExperte

Thank you for pointing this out. Do we need to have already had 5 posts when we pm Modbot or do we just need 5 posts before it finishes? If its the former then that sucks :(

edit: looks like there's no worries then.

All the rules are applied when the giveaway ends.

Aaron D.

I want The Hunter to just break out into the Mastodon album at some point and the game goes totally off the LSD-tinged hinges.

Yeah, I just want to go hiking in the woods myself, as I really enjoy exploring in sandbox games. Hunting itself would likely be a secondary goal for me.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Okay guys, I get it, I didn't read the ending of that line! Please stop piling on...

now to see how gifting in modbot works so I can get in on that.

Hey, no worries. The guide's in the OP if you haven't found it yet, and the giver's part is honestly easy enough to do, especially if you buy bundles and don't redeem every key.

The_Monk

Well, to me it's not at a surprise, at all. It's all about personal preferences. I know people that only use K&M for FPS games and I know others that only use Controllers for FPS. Some started playing with one of those two and got really used to it, so when trying the other they have some difficulty which is more than understandable.

What matters is for you to have fun no matter how you decide to play. At least this is how I think. Now, I could say I was amazed that someone played Dark Souls with a controller... with his feet: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=754163 Now that seems impossible for me!

Got some spare bundlestar keys to give away.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Tower Wars -- MB-7D3D24FAB8F62064 - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
Fortix 2 -- MB-CD4013C2E6755B5F - Taken by pahamrick. 4 entrants total.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-D5B147A02C4AAB6E - Taken by The Dear Leader. 1 entrants total.
Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition -- MB-1EFEAA73FCCE5287 - Taken by adriano999. 6 entrants total.

t1401593066z1.png

Just beat Tomb Raider 2013 despite my hatred for that shaky camera. My final verdict:

sZm8bUu.gif

Great graphics, great gunplay, great movement and platforming, terrible characters other than laura, terrible story, awesome environments. I would totally go back and finish stuff up if it wasn't for the camera, but I guess I'll uninstall. Hope they make another game.

I use to be that way. Mouse only. Now i can't operate the FPS with a mouse. I oversteer like crazy.

hmmm, I keep looking at Divinity with my mouse hovering over the purchase button, Durante's kind words may push me over the edge...

Salsa

I haven't played it yet, but the Gamers With Jobs podcast crew RAVED about The Hunter for weeks.

Key takeaways were incredible game engine, immersive environment, authentic experience (popping off only a couple shots an hour), and completely fair F2P model.

I can't wait for it to drop either as I understand that it's an amazing world to just get lost in. Which is odd as I'm kind of anti-hunter (for sport) in real life.

very cool

yeah, im gonna give it a go for sure

I dont like F2P but I might not mind it here if there's enough for free to get a good feel for it

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don Bradman Cricket 14.....FINALLY. Been waiting what feels like years to play that game and even though it doesn't seem like it ended up all it should have been I'm still excited.

Hopefully the port isn't awful (one of my mates is big into cricket -- I have Ashes '13, but, well, yeah). Judging from the game's history in the registry I think that Big Ant didn't begin working on it in earnest until after the console versions went gold.

Miker

Just beat Tomb Raider 2013 despite my hatred for that shaky camera. My final verdict:

sZm8bUu.gif

Great graphics, great gunplay, great movement and platforming, terrible characters other than laura, terrible story, awesome environments. I would totally go back and finish stuff up if it wasn't for the camera, but I guess I'll uninstall. Hope they make another game.

The gunplay was surprisingly solid, which I was definitely not expecting. One of the better-feeling third person shooters I've played.

Myshkin

ModBot said:
Instructions for Myshkin:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Strategic War in Europe -- MB-DC68E469D8DF9975 - Taken by Pudge. 1 entrants total.
Post Mortem (key works?) -- MB-0BB442DCD55714B9
Major Mayhem -- MB-8B05CFE995FD2364 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 1 entrants total.
Warfare (app/35300) -- MB-3CE144D9879B6D90 - Taken by nature boy. 2 entrants total.
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project -- MB-E6817321282B05E8 - Taken by SalsaShark. 4 entrants total.
C-RUSH -- MB-2D72773FB34A3D7A - Taken by FauX. 6 entrants total.

t1401594001z1.png

sZm8bUu.gif

This was pretty much my conclusion as well. The camera jitter was really offputting at the start and it was the first time a game has made me feel a bit nauseous. I eventually got used to it and the rest was easy sailing. The characters were incredibly forgettable but it had some really satisfying combat; enemies were highly reactive, and I just felt like I always had a lot of options available to me. I'd shuffle into one guy, kneecap him with my climbing axe, arrow the guy behind him, shotgun the guy I just handicapped, pick off the explosives the other guy threw -- it was just really smooth. It helps that cover mechanics weren't a strong focus and you had all your weapons on you at all times, so that alone helps it feel fresher than a lot of current games by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom