• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Authority

Banned
Is this the Memorial No-day in Kotaku?

zjoyusnlqfqnb0fm9ias.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks for the Banner Saga pack, AHA-Lambda!

Be Mine 13 extras.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

LEGEND OF DUNGEON -- MB-1A111655DFFE5AB1 - Taken by PossumMeat. 13 entrants total.
ALPHA KIMORI 1 -- MB-CDA6AF0280A4582E - Taken by Baha. 8 entrants total.

t1401840029z1.png

Arthea

Skyborn impressions:

You'll can backtrack later and get use of your airship, but I must say that moment when you can do that is not particularly clear or accentuated, I hope you won't miss it.
At the start of the game indeed it seems that only way to get weapons and gems is mining and doing yourself, but that's so not true, what you'll see later, only really good gems can't be bought, and I'm pretty sure I bought better armour and weapons than I could ever made, much later in game too. Basically what I'm trying to say, make what you want to make at the start of the game, you won't need it later all that much.
The game is more or less challenging all the way, inspite of what you do and there is arena... well, that's entirely another story. (><)

AHA-Lambda

Thank you for Age of Wonders!

Thanks for the Banner Saga pack, AHA-Lambda!

I grabbed the TBSF Starter Pack, thanks!

No problem guys, enjoy :)

Is this the Memorial No-day in Kotaku?

zjoyusnlqfqnb0fm9ias.png

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt uncomfortable about how the game treated black characters actually, and I'm surprised that more reviewers haven't called it out given how quick people want to drum up controversy at times =/

Diedac

good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MASTER REBOOT -- MB-F6374BDC2AB98330 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 11 entrants total.
Dungeon Hearts -- MB-61C6BF2C86BF3212

t1401840524z1.png

I see some games on there that make me question the Stumpokapow meter.
DNF and Sonic Generations were good times.

Sonic Generations falls apart after the first 3 levels.

No, it just has a terrible final boss fight from what I remember. I had a lot of fun with it on PS3 when I got my platinum, other than that aggravation monster of a trophy for beating the final boss without taking a hit.

you could always get the sonic unleashed mod if you feel like getting a good bang for your buck.

I should look into this sometime, I've heard good things.

So the developer sneakily placed a positive review for that new game, Dark Raid, only review there, positive, only game on his account, new account, with 22 hours the moment it launched.

Hilarity ensued in the comments, and apparently he just deleted the review.

It actually looks like something I might try if it wasn't pretty expensive for what's on display ($20).

You'll can backtrack later and get use of your airship, but I must say that moment when you can do that is not particularly clear or accentuated, I hope you won't miss it.
At the start of the game indeed it seems that only way to get weapons and gems is mining and doing yourself, but that's so not true, what you'll see later, only really good gems can't be bought, and I'm pretty sure I bought better armour and weapons than I could ever made, much later in game too. Basically what I'm trying to say, make what you want to make at the start of the game, you won't need it later all that much.
The game is more or less challenging all the way, inspite of what you do and there is arena... well, that's entirely another story. (><)

Oh. Well I've only put 4 hours in, which I thought was a fair assessment for what I assumed would be a relatively short RPG. Strange how it changes so dramatically later. I'll keep at it.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Totes forgot, I have two Steam coupons:

-50% Mutant Mudds Deluxe
-50% Fall Weiss

Both are free, just PM me if you want them.

This is a key from a reaaally old bundle and it might or might not work. Let me know!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

BEEP -- MB-154331EFECE32BDA - Taken by FiveElementNinja

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt uncomfortable about how the game treated black characters actually, and I'm surprised that more reviewers haven't called it out given how quick people want to drum up controversy at times =/

I'm uncomfortable with that "writer's" usage of an apostraphe for the noun "version". While not technically incorrect, it can go burn in the same dumpster fire reserved for people who ignore the Oxford comma.

Arthea

1. Injustice is not in my region for one reason or another. Does it have some horrible DRM, is region locked or just not worth our attention, I wonder.

2. What exactly Frozen Synapse Multiplayer Key is for?

3. I'm slowly getting fed up with all bundle greenlight situation, I mean not getting keys from bundles even when promised, or needing to do some boring stuff as writing e-mails, providing proof, registering on sites I have no desire to register or even know about their existence, installing games I don't plan to play and generally fussing for no reason. I'm too lazy for this shit and I rather would spend that time playing damn games. Here, I said it.
you know it had to be done (><)

r3n4ud

So the developer sneakily placed a positive review for that new game, Dark Raid, only review there, positive, only game on his account, new account, with 22 hours the moment it launched.

Hilarity ensued in the comments, and apparently he just deleted the review.

It actually looks like something I might try if it wasn't pretty expensive for what's on display ($20).
Seems he's claiming a beta tester posted the review

PapaProtheusII [developer] 46 minutes ago

Hey folks,
I'm one of the developers of the game Dark Raid.Acctually the review written by one of our volunteered beta testers.Right after we saw it we requested him to delete the review.It was totally out of our knowing.Sorry for the situation that occurred.

Will be in a bundle next week anyways, probably.

All of these should work, but there's a slight chance one or two might not. My apologies in advance if one doesn't.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta: Episode 1: Gold Edition -- MB-185B48BA59FE2D70 - Taken by derExperte. 3 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-0D76656E03B712C2 - Taken by GaussTek. 5 entrants total.
Subject 9 -- MB-52910CF993C43E70 - Taken by Darkroronoa. 1 entrants total.
Iron Grip Warlord -- MB-8FEF6BF164D6908A - Taken by nampad. 1 entrants total.
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- MB-EA7EE95E79F09D0B - Taken by angular graphics. 1 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor -- MB-5A28FF2380B9F124 - Taken by 19Kilo. 1 entrants total.
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-E33591073B33F058 - Taken by Uzzy. 2 entrants total.
Sweezy Gunner -- MB-88A6B45D52AFC3FE - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 1 entrants total.
Lume -- MB-0EE54CA71E7A3800
Clickr -- MB-59FD5E14790B5150 - Taken by nature boy. 2 entrants total.
The Cat Lady -- MB-4747D4A27B47DE4A - Taken by didamangi. 3 entrants total.

t1401831120z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
1. Injustice is not in my region for one reason or another. Does it have some horrible DRM, is region locked or just not worth our attention, I wonder.
]

What's your region? Thought that it was available everywhere. Anyway, you can probably still get it via a gift copy and only the Russian version is region locked as far as I know

Arthea

What's your region? Thought that it was available everywhere. Anyway, you can probably still get it via a gift copy and only the Russian version is region locked as far as I know

EU2 or something like that. If it's not GFWL and other regions aren't locked, maybe I should ask someone to help me to buy it, but do I want it? Is it good?
or maybe I should just wait for summer sale

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
EU2 or something like that. If it's not GFWL and other regions aren't locked, maybe I should ask someone to help me to buy it, but do I want it? Is it good?
or maybe I should just wait for summer sale

Yeah, it's really good and I don't think that it will go any cheaper during the summer sale. I can help you with a copy if you want

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I haven't been having any performance issues with Watch Dogs aside from a lighting glitch here and there, but 26 hours in I got a major one after (story spoilers)
Iraq finds Bedbug in the server room and you have to escape
. It was a hardcore crash, blue screen, computer restarting, etc (kind of funny how for a second I thought the game was being cheeky because of the blue screen).

After restarting I run the game again and Uplay tells me my local save and the cloud save aren't synced which is expected after a crash. But it also tells me my latest local save is from 1969 (!). Turns out my save was corrupted, and I couldn't use their cloud one either as Uplay kept me giving errors when I tried.

Thankfully because of all the Ubi-save horror stories I was keeping a backup after each session, so I use it and everything is back to normal. I was set back only one mission, hopefully whatever made it crash at that point won't happen again. Moral of the story: keep local backups for Uplay games.

edit: passed that point with no problems this time. All's right.

I think there was a website about the different regions according to Steam, but I can't remember it. I guess there's no problem if you are moving between two countries which use the €, right?

nampad

ModBot said:
Instructions for nampad:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Frozen Synapse -- MB-EF845259E69D7C70
Ittle Dew -- MB-D9E753AD714AF8BD - Taken by PinkCrayon. 11 entrants total.

t1401842285z1.png

Winner of Frozen Synapse can PM me for the MP key.

L.O.R.D

i don't know what is happened
but , restart and uninstall intel and geforce drivers made me able to play Sonic Transformed on dedicated card
the game is soo smooth
but the online is non , i guess people stopped playing months ago , or because of MK8 ?
playing on B difficulty is very very hard , i don;t remember that hard

derExperte

I think 1001 Spikes might have a misprice in EU. It's 9,99&#8364; regular, so 6,66&#8364; with discount. Or is that intentional?

"NICALIS FANS GET A LOYALTY DISCOUNT! 33-percent off 1001 Spikes if you already own Cave Story+ or NightSky!"

edit: Oh wait you mean the 9,99 is wrong?

"NICALIS FANS GET A LOYALTY DISCOUNT! 33-percent off 1001 Spikes if you already own Cave Story+ or NightSky!"

I know that, it's just that it's $14.99 in US so I assumed it'd be 12.99&#8364; or 14.99&#8364; normally.
Maybe they're just super nice to Europe this time, but that would be a first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom