• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are people getting 8-bit commando keys?
My debut 11 bundle doesn't have it and desura tells me to get lost when I ask for a key in the client.

Skyborn impressions:

It's very talky at first, as most RPGs in this style tend to be, but the story is okay. It seems to be some mutant race of winged beings lording it over humans, and half-breeds getting the shortest shrift of all. There's a rebellion, and then things get real from there. It's predictable, but told well enough. My only main gripe with the story is you own an airship, but I haven't had the ability to backtrack once. So far, anyway. But I can count at least three places that I would have liked to return to and have yet to be able to do so. It's even more frustrating when there appears to be a set of collectibles. Is this game going to have that dreaded of commodities...missables?! I sure hope not.

Gameplay-wise there's no grinding like most JRPG-style games. Monsters don't respawn. This is fine at first, but they also don't appear to drop weapons or armour - you're expected to craft them yourself from minable substances (that monsters don't drop either.) Each weapon or piece of armour can be "augmented" with gems that are also mined, and of course can't be removed. Given the limited nature of everything, one feels tempted to save all the gems for the end of the game when they have all the best weapons and armour, but the bosses start becoming unbearable if you do. So you're left with a game that makes you use limited resources early on, counter to most RPG gamer's best instincts. "I may need this later, but the boss is kicking my ass now," sort of thing.

The graphics are what you'd expect from an RPGmaker game. The main characters look nice, but I have no idea how much credit to give for monster design because I don't know what's stock and what's not. Ditto the music.

Overall it's a fun experience, but the new layer of strategy to use these limited components makes me anxious about not being able to beat a boss because of a choice I made to slot a gem two bosses ago.

Thanks again to BinaryPork for the game.

Some extras.

Why thank you!

Here, have more spares.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Draw a Stickman Epic -- MB-CF912F3DB205BFE9 - Taken by fernandes
Frozen Synapse -- MB-5F306705CBFDDB19 - Taken by jmizzal
Ittle Dew -- MB-92623D37976DC0A1 - Taken by BorntoPlay

Vuze

Dat Goatsim Update is gorgeous.
Helicopter-Licking-Ride
that lands you on a roof party
Kinda creepy graveyard where you randomly
become a "Minecraft-infected" Goat that can build stuff with blocks lol

kazegami

Anyone played Monochroma here? I've finished the game and it was great (though all those negative reviews). I think it deserves more attention.

If you love Limbo-like puzzle platformers you should definitely check it. It is created by a small indie team in Istanbul. I loved the art style, graphics and the music. On the other hand, there are some glitches, I hope they'll be fixed soon. I'm sharing a video and some screens here:

Gameplay Trailer:
http://youtu.be/ujw8zh9G2LI

Steam Page

Btw; Neverwhere Studios wants to release a PS4 version of the game.

Dr Dogg

Well with 3 missions left to go in Watch_Dogs now my once rock solid PC decides to be as stable as a 1 legged donkey. Oh well I guess 4 hours of watching Prime tick by will be a fun evening :(

Anyhoo anyone who doesn't own Frozen Synapse already and has an Android tablet should really pick it up. Touch controls really add something extra to the flow of the game despite being turn based.

didamangi

Anyone played Monochroma here? I've finished the game and it was great (though all those negative reviews). I think it deserves more attention.

If you love Limbo-like puzzle platformers you should definitely check it. It is created by a small indie team in Istanbul. I loved the art style, graphics and the music. On the other hand, there are some glitches, I hope they'll be fixed soon. I'm sharing a video and some screens here:

Gameplay Trailer:
http://youtu.be/ujw8zh9G2LI

Steam Page

Btw; Neverwhere Studios wants to release a PS4 version of the game.

That looks pretty great, wishlisted. Oh, is the puzzles pretty great on this one or is it just like Limbo? (more focus on the atmosphere of the game rather than clever puzzles)

edit: Oh, looks like there's a demo on steam as well. Nice.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Murdered is by Airtight Games, the company that also developed Quantum Conundrum, but it isn't Swift's baby as QC was. Swift left Airtight for Amazon back in April. I think she'll finally head back to Valve if Amazon pulls the plug on its video game push (assuming Valve would like to have her back, that is).
I would prefer Valve not take her back personally.

L.O.R.D

help

i start to play Sonic transformed again ( after i formatted my laptop )
but now , it run very slow
i forced the "Launcher.exe"+"ASN_App_PcDx9_Final.exe" to run on my geforce GTX 660m
but still, same result
i opened the Launcher to see the graphic option , i only see the intel 4000HD

this happen to me before and i fix it , but now i don't remember

bumb

derExperte

That looks pretty great, wishlisted. Oh, is the puzzles pretty great on this one or is it just like Limbo? (more focus on the atmosphere of the game rather than clever puzzles)

edi: Oh, looks like there's a demo on steam as well. Nice.

The demo was enough for me. Controls are floaty, trial & error like in Limbo but it takes way too long to get going again, some frustrating parts and the drag-your-brother-around mechanic didn't click. And the negative reviews confirmed my opinion.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skulls of a Shogun -- MB-60CA1ED48C4CBD8C - Taken by 73V3N. 20 entrants total.
Frozen Snapse -- MB-F6D38B8307886DFF
Ittle Dew -- MB-098D8F3B54BF25B0 - Taken by mileS. 11 entrants total.
Draw a Stickman Epic-- MB-FD5B1F9117129E9E - Taken by Yakkue. 4 entrants total.

t1401832329z1.png

abracadaver

Mafia 2 is a bit too expensive for me. I already completed it on the 360 and really liked it. 4,99€ would make me buy it again.

Do you think it will be cheaper in the summer sale ?

kazegami

edit: Oh, looks like there's a demo on steam as well. Nice.

The puzzles in the first half are a bit dull but I loved everything in the second half of the game. Sometimes I got frustrated because of the clunky controls but the intense atmosphere made me forgive them. (Btw, if you happen to buy it and use a controller, you should press up and jump button at the same time to jump higher.
You don't have to do that if you use a keyboard.)

Copons

Spares! Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Frozen Synapse -- MB-A17704C6268FFB49 - Taken by Dolor
Ittle Dew -- MB-A703CE563F97B605 - Taken by HalfwayOrb

StAidan

A couple titles from the Humble update:

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Fieldrunners -- MB-C12CDDBFDBAD36DF - Taken by Eanan
Frozen Synapse -- MB-4440F0BA3A314962 - Taken by Sub Zero

Myshkin

Doing some house cleaning:

Thanks for Frozen Synapse!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Myshkin:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space (key taken?) -- MB-6C88B74D1C2E801E
Hearts of Iron III -- MB-9AC537B5F59A0841 - Taken by Cth. 9 entrants total.
Post Mortem (murder mystery) -- MB-0BB442DCD55714B9 - Taken by Dimitri2401. 5 entrants total.

t1401833375z1.png

Sorry if any key doesn't work.

Mafia 2 is a bit too expensive for me. I already completed it on the 360 and really liked it. 4,99€ would make me buy it again.

Do you think it will be cheaper in the summer sale ?

considering discounts above 75% are rare, no

that is unless 2k themselves lower the MSRP

you might be able to find someone that got a free key from GMG when they were giving them out months ago but that was a while ago but who knows

Saiyan-Rox

What's your verdict on Wolfenstein The New Order on the PC guys/girls? been hearing that the PC port isn't great but wanted to know what you all thought first.

for 21 quid i'm tempted

nexen

What's your verdict on Wolfenstein The New Order on the PC guys/girls? been hearing that the PC port isn't great but wanted to know what you all thought first.

for 21 quid i'm tempted

PC port ran flawlessly for me. I own both PS4 and PC versions and the PC version was superior.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

for 21 quid i'm tempted

Just go to the OT and read the impressions. Most people say that it's one of the best FPS games of the past few years. I agree with them. And the PC port is pretty good, didn't have any problems except some screen tearing

What negative reviews?
the most helpful reviews I can see on Steam store are only positive.

If you love Limbo-like puzzle platformers you should definitely check it. It is created by a small indie team in Istanbul. I loved the art style, graphics and the music.

Yeah, it looks interesting and reminds me of Teslagrad as well as Limbo, speaking of which, you may try out Teslgrad whenever you should have the opportunity to do so; it is pretty much based on magnets/physics and may be frustrating at times, but is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom