• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Injustice worth getting? Is the online good?

If you like DC comics or Netherrealms fighters, sure.
I found it to be supbar after MK9 and everything about the game engine seemed to be a step backwards... from the animations to the inputs to the gimmicky environment stuff.

I've heard the online is bad, but I haven't tried it myself.
My friend, who is very perceptive when it comes to lag, said he wouldn't recommend it unless it was <$7.50 or so. :)

Retro Bundle on Groupees.

WTF. The one I don't have. :lol
Wasn't this the potential dev meltdown we saw the other day? Wasn't he saying that the oldest bundles might not get keys? And yet I think debut 11 was newer than retro.

I dunno about the lag on the PC version but the PS3 version was fine back when i played Injustice.

And yeah, it's campaign alone is worth it if you're interested.

DmC was so easy and unbalanced you could beat it with mouse alone.

If someone does all the VR missions with gold medals in MGR:R with a keyboard and mouse, that's impressive.

DmC? I think I could hook up an old nintendo powerpad and play through that easily enough. ;)

Genki

Looked up how to give away Humble Bundle links.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Jack Lumber -- MB-6C5CDF790997C41A - Taken by Henry Swanson. 7 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-3217A65236886132 - Taken by Vlad. 3 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-A028519639B537FE - Taken by xninjav. 1 entrants total.
Dwarfs -- MB-68FFC49D81D008DD - Taken by Henry Swanson. 4 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-4F3DFBF0DE520015 - Taken by Evrain. 3 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Railroads -- MB-784CFB3C9AA74319 - Taken by corrosivefrost. 3 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-D4BAE952D7026A72 - Taken by X05. 5 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-F2D7256CD6C22948 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-8B3356C9033AF6E2 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol Pacific Skies -- MB-52ECC7C94C30CD1B - Taken by Trellisaze. 1 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-4FDA6E887CD6B9BD - Taken by ohblahitsme. 2 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin -- MB-CFC7CB28016C70BA - Taken by 19Kilo. 2 entrants total.
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Steam Key -- MB-65660DB1316BD328 - Taken by TuckingFypo. 5 entrants total.
The Whispered World -- MB-17178A8EDDA53CB1 - Taken by PossumMeat. 4 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-7D858B0C3CCCD78E - Taken by Majukun. 5 entrants total.
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-0F2DCA6C0FE2FB67 - Taken by MehsterChief. 3 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-BF0B7BFDD6FC89D2 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-8F65BEC2C3A99907 - Taken by drakaenae. 5 entrants total.

t1401825729z1.png

That was a lot of copy\pasting.

Santiako

From left to right.

Zod (Superman villain), Batgirl (Barbra Gordon), Lobo, Zantana (magic user who does spells by saying words backward), and Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onz, actual Martian and recovering addict from Oreos).

Even knowing the characters it can be hard at times since they all went through the Mortal Kombat filter on top of the Unreal Engine (let's not bother to make men and women have different bodies) default styling.

I think it's Deadshot/Batgirl/(Black Adam?)/Zatanna/Martian Manhunter. The character art is horrible, it's a real accomplishment how they could fuck up the appearances of such great characters.
Still interested in the game, but i'm waiting for an even bigger pricedrop because of that.

Thanks, between my limited knowledge of comics and their bad models I had no idea.

If that's not harder than beating DMC3 DMD on keyboard I think it's doable.

I'll settle for VR18 gold, I think.
Someone posted in here when they were done with it a really impressive video of their run... I saw mouse and keyboard prompts and was blown away. I asked if they really were that awesome at which point they admitted that they'd used a controller and the prompts had reverted to the kb/m ones for some reason. :)

It was still impressive, but not nearly as amazing to me as if he had used a kb/m for it.

Injustice is probably worth $7.50 just for the story mode, right? I liked MK9's.
I'm tempted too but I've read about a common bug that makes the game run in slow-mo and there's no proper fixing (there's a procedure but you have to do it everytime you play if I've read correctly). Also how's the optimization?

AHA-Lambda

Any impressions on Xenonauts now that it's out of early access?

I asked earlier but the thread moves so damn fast these days.

derExperte

go

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Legend of Dungeon -- MB-2E05FCB6B0A58EB0 - Taken by someguyinahat. 9 entrants total.
The Longest Journey -- MB-788A3470E3C041FD - Taken by louiedog. 6 entrants total.

t1401827600z1.png

Dr Dogg

From the "Steam Keys Added" section of the last Groupees email. Think these all have been covered here except for the Lost Marbles one (for which, incidentally, there's a Tuesday-only Playfire achievement to cross off.) That one was redeemable from the browser for me, too, unlike Battlepaths which needed the client.

Air Control - Groupees Spotlight & Bundle Yourself: Killjoy Games Steam
They Breathe - Adventure Role Playing Groupee Steam
Lost Marbles - Capsule Computers Groupee Steam via Desura
Manhunter - Build a Bundle 5 Steam
Ampu-Tea - Kiss Groupee 2 & Kiss Groupee 2 Reloaded Steam
International Snooker - Kiss Groupee 2 & Kiss Groupee 2 Reloaded Steam
Battlepaths - Build a Greenlight Bundle 5 Steam via Desura
8-Bit Commando - Retro Groupee

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Looked up how to give away Humble Bundle links.
That was a lot of copy\pasting.
Thanks for Ace Patrol, I was missing that one (had Pacific Skies already)

It warms my heart to see so many more gaffers who will be playing The Longest Journey soon. :)

That said, fuck that
inflatable duck
puzzle.

AHA-Lambda

Just a few humble extras and such

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

age of wonders -- MB-9FCCEA40D836BBD4 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
banner saga factions variations pack -- MB-1BFA4D876DA27A20 - Taken by jshackles. 2 entrants total.
age of wonders shadow magic -- MB-0234717E8E853B41 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 3 entrants total.
banner saga factions starter pack -- MB-4FC6A154F8267E71 - Taken by En Ex. 3 entrants total.
arma cold war assault -- MB-C18473FB3A9AD1EE - Taken by BernardoOne. 1 entrants total.

t1401828588z1.png

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Look, keys:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

(Desura) Alchemy Mysteries Prague Legends -- MB-1664550B7BE7879E
(Desura) Blue Rose -- MB-53F23A77670256D8
(Steam) The Longest Journey -- MB-47BB3FEBEFAE16E2 - Taken by BorntoPlay
(Desura) Little Trus Man -- MB-E367248F05A288CF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom