• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like

Assbreed.

Were you responsible for this thread on Steam Community?

CsFuvtF.png

Cth

That's weird, today I have two extra card drops for Aerena. I got all my drops for it weeks ago.

I've been going back and forth with Steam for a while now to get it working.. it sounds like maybe they caved in and gave everyone 2 card drops regardless. Maybe having a lot of us complain finally caused it?

EDIT:
Yep, that's what it was. The developer got stone walled by Steam and a bunch of us directed Steam to posts where he said it was possible and something they'd have to do on the backend. Originally the developer thought about putting out a free dlc for those people or something. Either way, looks like everyone benefits :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey guys should I sell Enhanced Steam??? :p

I am the head of startegic partnerships at [REDACTED].

I would like to discuss with you about an opportunity to acquire your Enhanced Steam extension.

Please email me if you are interested to hear more about our offer.

I'm getting at least 3 of these a week now. Of course, I wouldn't ever sell Enhanced Steam to some scumbag company that just wants it so it can inject ads.

I disagree. Guacamelee had better core platforming mechanics and it's combat is some of the best 2D combat I've ever experienced. Guacamelee is simply one of the best Metroidvania type games I've ever played.
Guacamelee's combat was fluent in large part thanks to its roll cancelling, but calling it "some of the best 2D combat" is pushing it when it lacks any meaningful depth (and not just within its own subgenre). Functional but basic would be how I'd describe it and comparatively speaking Outland's fighting mechanics are about as shallow, but it does feel more wooden in all honesty. That's where Guacamelee has the upper hand. On the flipside: virtually everything else is more developed in Outland and it also gets straight to the point by very quickly giving players access to new skills rather than pointlessly beating around the bush for an hour or two like Guacamelee did initially. Outland also wasn't shy to have the difficulty escalate more rapidly, whereas Guacamelee only had a semblance of challenge (for me) at approximately the 85% mark. Bosses were also more enjoyable in Outland for me, it had the more engaging polarity swapping between the two and its universe had more cohesion (or 'grace' I suppose) because the thematics weren't deterred by all the played-out memes for ill-conceived comedy relief. Difference in art style is a matter of preference: I liked them both, but I found Outland's aesthetics to be prettier nonetheless. There's more to speak of where I ultimately favor Outland, but the above stuck out to me the most. Agree to disagree I guess.

I enjoyed Guacamelee for what it was - it had character, a nice soundtrack, smooth controls and it was fairly relaxing - but it wasn't a particularly good Metroidvania nor a refined one in more ways than one in my opinion. "Above average foundation" is the most I can give it if the devs ever intend to make a sequel for it. Outland however came closer to what I expect from the genre, even with its own flaws.

So, played and beat Among the Sleep yesterday, here's some of those impressions of mine.
I'm going to be that obnoxious guy, but whenever I read carefully thought-out posts like these, instances of "could/should/would of" stick out like an eyesore.

Madridy

I'm getting at least 3 of these a week now. Of course, I wouldn't ever sell Enhanced Steam to some scumbag company that just wants it so it can inject ads.

Sell it, then turn around and make another extension called Steam Power.

I've been going back and forth with Steam for a while now to get it working.. it sounds like maybe they caved in and gave everyone 2 card drops regardless. Maybe having a lot of us complain finally caused it?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Maybe now someone will take my gift copy.

Dr Dogg

I'm reading [REDACTED] as The Nigerian Royal Family (my work email gets a lot of spam). Can't imagine the offer, even if serious, would be anything worthwhile.

Dead Rising 3 has a store page now. No pre-purchase option just yet, though.

Those system reqs look nice and conservative.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sell it, then turn around and make another extension called Steam Power.

That's what I don't get. The source code is open-source, so there wouldn't be anything that would prevent me (or anyone else) from doing exactly that.

But I imagine for most people they just see the number of daily users on Google (almost 160,000 just for the Chrome version) and think "If we buy that, we can inject ads into 160,000 user's browsers every day".

Rest assured I'm not going to be taking anyone up on these offers.

I'm reading [REDACTED] as The Nigerian Royal Family (my work email gets a lot of spam). Can't imagine the offer, even if serious, would be anything worthwhile.

Ha! I just didn't want to give their shady company any free publicity by posting their info on GAF. And yeah, they're probably not offering anything substantial.

I offer 3 TF2 keys and 4 CS:GO cards. PM me

low. blocked. lawl nub

I offer 4 keys + sweets.

Edit: actual post...

You can tell you're really onto something, jshack. I mean, you already knew from the number of downloads and the praise, but it's always a nice reminder when the vultures come swarming.

GMG Summer Sale starts this Friday...

The I.F.D. SALE will include:

AAA Hero Offers - opening with top Sega deals and a free game on selected Sega sale purchases
Indie Hero Offers
Heroic Publisher Offers
Bundles
Multi-Buys
Playfire Rewards brought to you by PCGamesN
Competitions

Tizoc

Man...if Ace Attorney Trilogy was getting a Steam release, hardly anyone would complain about it being digital, although I get why the complaints are valid.
Then again I'm easy going kinda guy and go with what's available.
For that matter, with it already being on iOS and since Steam gets iOS games, PW Trilogy for like $20 on Steam would be an insta buy.

Buy our game its Ether Vapor with a different name

Never played Ether Vapor so I don't know if I can compare but the button set up makes it hard for me to properly fire the bullets and time my sword attacks at the same time lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Those Minimum system requirements truly worries me. :/ How accurate are they, usually?

Not very.

Minimum = what you need to get past the main menu
Recommended = high(er) settings at a begrudgingly acceptable framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom