• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Actually if one game of a series is on sale, the other games are also on sale. Thats how it has been since I can remember when the first steam sales started.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean they can list them both together in a franchise bundle as I was suggesting.

Anteater

Played the whole game 30fps. The price I payed for 1080p

i really don't know why

i played DmC on ps3 at 30fps just fine, played dragon's dogma at whatever poop framerate it was at and bayonetta too, but there's something wrong with these pc games no matter what I do at 30fps.

Glad I held off on Batman, I can't imagine the shitshow of trying to play it on my 7850. I wonder if this will be the first big AAA release that the Steam refund policy will impact negatively for them and maybe cause some change faster because of it.

Anteater

Glad I held off on Batman, I can't imagine the shitshow of trying to play it on my 7850. I wonder if this will be the first big AAA release that the Steam refund policy will impact negatively for them and maybe cause some change faster because of it.

real winner here is gmg with the early 40% off and no refund

Jawmuncher

Supposed leaked SFV list from a solid source at SRK

posted in the general discussion a few days ago, there is a supposed leak.

"Leak"

Alex
Urien
Juri
Ken
Dhalsim
Karin
Zangief
R.Mika
4 unknown
Possibly more

Confirmed:

Ryu
Charlie
Birdie
Cammy
Chun Li

The person who leaked this info is supposed to be a solid source of info, the guy who passed it on asked not to be mentioned. I'm assume his friend had NDA. Now thi is the internet so still take with a grain of salt, but the next reveal will show the validity of this list.

Dr Dogg

Morning Steam Bags! You know having no internet in this day and age is like being warped back to the dark ages. Saying that I've had my hands full with the real world (plus thankfully that coincided with missing the Steam Sale shenanigans and E3 hijinks around here) but back just in time to find out Arkham Knight needs Deep Blue to run at an acceptable level. Oh well guess I'll find out tonight but then again I'm more than likely going to be up a ladder with a pain brush in hand again for the umpteenth night in a row. Never move house to somewhere that needs a lot of work unless you're a hands on property developer by trade or unemployed!

Milamber

Ummm...

stDIOJC.png

Tizoc

Supposed leaked SFV list from a solid source at SRK

The 'confirmed' list is missing Charlie Nash :V
Also don't these total up to 18 but various sources say the game has 16 characters?
I mean I am down for 18, but I take this with a grain of salt because the list contains the obvious characters various FG fans want in the game

I don't mind if it is true though =3

Anteater

Morning Steam Bags! You know having no internet in this day and age is like being warped back to the dark ages. Saying that I've had my hands full with the real world (plus thankfully that coincided with missing the Steam Sale shenanigans and E3 hijinks around here) but back just in time to find out Arkham Knight needs Deep Blue to run at an acceptable level. Oh well guess I'll find out tonight but then again I'm more than likely going to be up a ladder with a pain brush in hand again for the umpteenth night in a row. Never move house to somewhere that needs a lot of work unless you're a hands on property developer by trade or unemployed!

wb, i thought you quit the thread because of the e3 and steam sale meta game talk

we still got dmc4se

it's still good it's still good!

Knurek

i really don't know why

i played DmC on ps3 at 30fps just fine, played dragon's dogma at whatever poop framerate it was at and bayonetta too, but there's something wrong with these pc games no matter what I do at 30fps.

Are you using Riva Tuner Statistics Server to remove any possible framepacing issues?
Really recommended for Witcher 3.

Tizoc

Welcome back, was wondering where you disappeared to :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
i really don't know why

1) Often console games are artificially limited in framerate, so their controls are still snappy. PC slows down to 30fps from not being able to handle it, so it's chunky and feels bad. If you artificially limit a PC game that normally runs well to 30fps, it's not nearly as bad.
2) TVs often have higher display frequencies, so a lower framerate doesn't look as bad on it. A monitor running strobed 120hz makes 30fps look waaaay better than the blurry shutter-show mess of lesser monitors running 60hz. Exclusive fullscreen modes actually change the display frequency to the game tho (often 60hz but sometimes even 30hz), so the 30fps@120hz is only possible with games running windowed or borderless window fullscreen.

Jawmuncher

The 'confirmed' list is missing Charlie Nash :V
Also don't these total up to 18 but various sources say the game has 16 characters?
I mean I am down for 18, but I take this with a grain of salt because the list contains the obvious characters various FG fans want in the game

I don't mind if it is true though =3

Posted it since I like the look of it myself lol. It's also being discussed in the current SFV thread. Only thing I would change are the SF2 reps.

Mivey

The Way It's Meant to be Played.
I wonder what horrible things they have done to the UE to make it run like that. Could this just be a case of terrible base configuration?

At any rate, it shows why certain devs really shouldn't do game engine modifications. Wonder how it would run if they'd used UE4.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder what horrible things they have done to the UE to make it run like that. Could this just be a case of terrible base configuration?

At any rate, it shows why certain devs really shouldn't do game engine modifications. Wonder how it would run if they'd used UE4.

The game runs virtually issue-free on the PS4. It's a case of Iron Galaxy employees not being up to the task -- and they'd been working on the PC port for over a year.

Iron Galaxy Studios Dev Comp said:
about a year ago (May 29, 2014 – 16:58:40 UTC)
+ Added Batman™: Arkham Knight (208650) to the package

Tizoc

I turned vsync and aa off, with no gameworks settings on.

Then forced vsync with control panel.

You use NVidia Control Panel right? Will try that in case the game runs like ass for me.
Does Nvidia CP also have AA options? I wanna try some for D4 :/

Hektor

So many negative news regarding Arkham knight all of a sudden. Ive been so looking forward to this. Please just be hyperbole.

Chariot

cyba89

Good thing I bought an NVIDIA key for only 13€, but I feel bad for anyone who payed full price for that mess. Hopefully they make good use of the refund feature.

Sendou

Huh. I'm probably mistaken, as well as that topic creator.

Yeah I don't think it's up to the publisher to choose whether to allow reviews or not on Steam.

EDIT: Yup reviews still going up. Go the game's page and wait a minute to resfresh. You should be able to see the User Review count go up. Pretty awkward that Steam promotes this game on their front page. Anyone wanna guess how SteamOS version will be? lol

You use NVidia Control Panel right? Will try that in case the game runs like ass for me.
Does Nvidia CP also have AA options? I wanna try some for D4 :/
It has FXAA.

I haven't got to the part with bat mobile, people say driving it tanks your FPS real hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom