• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

It's not only the game that has issues
CILLe9OW8AAyvR2.jpg:orig

Did Cacpcom buy WB?

Dr Dogg

I don't know what people are talking about, Arkham Knight runs great...
230A2FDB54147AE183FDB113BEC158AE24262E1F

Actual size screenshot from my Surface Pro. Surprised it didn't blow up actually.

wb, i thought you quit the thread because of the e3 and steam sale meta game talk

we still got dmc4se

it's still good it's still good!

Welcome back, was wondering where you disappeared to :p

As much as I loath E3 talk, Sales questions repeated ad-nauseum and who's the best waifu talk of this thread (I mean I worked as and with a bunch of sales people and suits for years which is what E3 flipping is, no one reads OP's where all their questions are answered and everyone know's Lara Croft is best waifu no question) it certainly would have been preferable to the last couple of weeks I've had to endure. Kind of glad to be back in work for a bit.

Thankfully I've got DMC4SE as well as a small horde from the Seal to tide me over for a bit.

dex3108

1080p + everything on low and i can play Batman AK in locked 30FPS with my GTX 760. Oh well at least i can play it and it doesn't look that bad when you are speeding in Batmobile.

Tizoc

Source is 4chan which sources a cracking group
wait for better sources before blowing this up please

Aha, I did think it was weird as no one in the thread in General brought it up.
This case of poor optimization is a friggin' let down, it is 20-friggin'-15.
I'll take 30 FPS locked, max 1080p res PC games from Japanese devs over this shit any day...and only because Durante can fix that ish :V

ExoSoul

Banned
Played a bit of The Wolf Among Us with my gf, man I wish it was a P&C game...

Also: It sold me on the P&C genre.
Machinarium was excellent but I knew I couldn't expect other games to live up to that.

Tizoc

Machinarium was excellent but I knew I couldn't expect other games to live up to that.

Give Life is Strange a whirl, I bet she'd enjoy playing it with you =)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Seems like the new Nuuvem site now hides all the "region locked' games. Does using a VPN fix that? Can't check atm because I'm over FlyVPN's daily limit

Shadownet

Banned
So I wrote a review of this on Steam. Who want to hear some crazy-ass responses?

First one is probably the weirdest coincidence. Some guy just left this link there.
Lol I guess he didn't know I was a gaffer.

I've gotten 5 or so prerelease games from NVidia bonuses, and they've never come with the preorder bonuses. This is not a valid complaint.
actually, i think he is talking about the DLC you can only get when preordering it, the harly quinn one, you know, the one you cant get if you didnt preorder it?
For the people that never learned to read the whole thing... that wasn't my complaint

it not locked. it an option in the files.
Well thank you Einstein, but that wasn't my complaint. I'm sorry, I should have said "capped" I guess by saying "locked" I confused your little mind.

I got a "free" copy of this with my 980 Ti as well and I disagree with this review.
Sure you need to edit a .ini file to make it more optimized for decent gaming rigs but the options are there and are quite acceptable. If you are part of the demographic that can build a PC-beast then you can edit a damn text file.
Harley Quinn pre-order bonus if just that, a bonus - if you want DLC get the season pass, I sure did.

I've been playing this for a few hours and I can tell that I will love it. It matches my expectations and it runs great.

I'd like to take a moment to thank the talented people over at Rocksteady and congratulate them on a "okay" launch for an awesome game. Thanks for releasing this on my platform of choice so that I have something to play on my new PC.
and the best one of all.

Thanks fellow Steam users. You make some people on GAF seems a lot more understanding.

At least 2 of the people responding to the review saying it runs no problem at 60fps on their toasters don't even own the game. Defence force out in numbers!

Hektor

I dunno man, the game wouldnt be the same at all if it were a classic P&C game, the pacing would probably be like Episode 4, but all the time..

Why can't we pre-order MGS5: TPP yet? Did Konami and Kojima not agree yet on how they will split revenues before they split?

They still have to figure out how much microtransaction currency the'll give you for pre-ordering.

Tizoc

I dunno man, the game wouldnt be the same at all if it were a classic P&C game, the pacing would probably be like Episode 4, but all the time..

As much as I enjoy telltale's VN system for WUA, I wouldn't mind a traditional PnC from them every once in a while.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah. He also has it in his library
not

Well, there's no way to know that at this stage. The "has [game name]" icon doesn't display on user review pages and the game wouldn't show up on his Steam Community profile as the app's general state is still set to preloadonly.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
All I know about SFV is that the characters revealed thus far are played out and boring to me now.

Tizoc

All I know about SFV is that the characters revealed thus far are played out and boring to me now.

There are 2 things one needs to look to in a fighting game
1- The combat system
2- The characters

You can always get into a fighting game with at least one of the two.

There may be other factors involved such as music or graphics, which is still OK long as you enjoy it

Juri's fantastic with a pretty unique move set. So I'd love to see her in.

Also, Juri already accuses Chunners of having a 'schoolgirl crush' on her. So that's the yuri angle.

I personally prefer SFxT Juri over her SF4 incarnation.

Jawmuncher

fixed it for you :p

Juri's fantastic with a pretty unique move set. So I'd love to see her in.

Also, Juri already accuses Chunners of having a 'schoolgirl crush' on her. So that's the yuri angle.
Shiet that needs to make it in the story mode big time. Forbidden love of a hero and a villain.
tumblr_ni18p7B7tC1u622rxo1_500.gif

Though that fight from the anime might need a lot of forgiving. Shit was kickass though.

-----

@Tizoc (too lazy to quote)
I agree you need one of those two elements. I always put characters over gameplay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom