• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadGear

Its so damn annoying that Valkyria Chronicles rates you so strictly on the number of turns required for you to beat an encounter. Chapter 7 took me a couple of turns because I was positioning my soldiers, retreating some and requesting others to advance against the tanks. C-Rating.
Then i looked on Youtube what it takes to get a better rating: a guy simply picks Alicia and rushes her to the camp in one single turn in about 3 minutes ... . Oh well, I guess I will just ignore the rating then, no way I'm going to play the game like this.

Asgaro

Been out of the loop regarding gaming news for a few days.

Let's see...

Oh.

Lzj6CGE.gif

LOL @ Batman: AK reviewers not getting a PC review copy
LOL @ those Batman: AK metacritic scores for PC!
LOL @ the Batman: AK Steam reviews

ENJOYING @ reading through the Batman: AK performance thread for people gradually going insane
ENJOYING @ idem, but for the review thread

DISGUSTED @ 13 people from my Steam friend list actually having this game

SADDENED @ having forgotten to create a Steam Summer Sale badge in time. Can't even trade those cards anymore: I'm missing 1 card.

derExperte

As mentioned before, Nekopara doesn't use 3D models but e-mote. The 3D render from the last page comes from this tweet

VR ( not engineers only model ) Preparing the 3D model we want to Chocolat us and flirting with (Oculus , etc. ) ※ image is a thing of the under development #NEKOPARA

rtcn63

95 - 99% : Overhwelmingly Positive
94 - 80% : Very Positive
80 - 99% + few reviews: Positive
70 - 79% : Mostly Positive
40 - 69% : Mixed
20? - 39% : Mostly Negative
0 - 39% + rew reviews: Negative
0 - 19% : Very Negative
0 - 19% + many reviews: Overwhelmingly Negative

100% : its ok

Teeth

Was that genuine insight or just an educated guess?

Next-gen only or focused games from AAA publishers that have been busted on PC at launch: All of them.

Watch_dogs, Witcher 3, Battlefield 4, Mortal Kombat X, Dead Rising 3, Assassin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Evil Within.

The ones that have not: Shadow of Mordor, Wolfenstein (which is bad on a lot of AMD cards).

It's going to continue like this for a couple more cycles until the engines mature. When they push the tech really hard, something has to give. All of the prime developers are put on squeezing the games onto the consoles and it ends up being a "consumers can solve it by buying better PC parts" situation.

It's a money and developer bandwidth situation.

iosefe

As mentioned before, Nekopara doesn't use 3D models but e-mote. The 3D render from the last page comes from this tweet

VR? even better

i have not played Nekopara and cannot give an informed opinion aside from what i may or may not have seen on the internet

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm sure they started on the DMC4 dlc after they completed work on the main game, guys.

These are just fun extras for the fan who wants more.

Dsyndrome

Can you not idle Batman, or is it the same thing preventing it from showing up in game activity? Idlemaster skipped right over it.

derExperte

Can anybody who hasn't done this yet say what the build id of the pre-loaded version is (right-click -> Properties -> Local files)? I'm seeing 668138 after attempting cache verification.

A friend started the download during Preload and finished after release and hasn't verified the install, his BuildID is 668138 too.

Anteater

The DMC4 stuff are basically things you could already unlock in the game as far as I know outside of the preorder bonuses. It's like those early Namco "buy experience points to get you started" DLCs.

Shadownet

Banned
Congrats Shadow, you're the most helpful review for Arkham Knight with 3,131 of 3,387 finding it helpful.

People just really like Elizabeth Olsen man. I'm alright with that.
-----------------
Btw driving the Batmobile is absolutely terrible in this game. You're almost guaranteed to crash into something while trying to turn. Combining with the unstable frame rate, you might as well just be gliding all over the city instead.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I would buy DMC4 SE DLC.
As in, to upgrade my regular DMC4 to SE. Fuck off with this, Capcom. I'm not buying it twice.

Teeth

People just really like Elizabeth Olsen man. I'm alright with that.

Hey Shadow, please copy and paste the text below into your Batman review. The typos in it are driving me crazy and you're the top review:

*sigh* where to start. It's 2015, why is a game of this caliber is being locked at 30fps? While the frame rate cap is editable, you have to go into the config to do it instead of the main menu. But that doesn't matter, the game is terribly optimized. Whether it's capped at 30 or 60fps, you'll get major framerate drops. A single GTX 970 isn't even enough to keep it at a stable 30fps, which is completely ludicrous. Warner Brothers should be ashamed of releasing a game like this.

What makes it worse is that, at the very last hour, they edited the Steam sub for the people that got the free Nvidia copy for buying a GTX 970 or 980 so that they wouldn't get the Harley Quinn pre-order bonus. Why do that? You already give away a free game, why take away a little pre-order bonus that everyone else who pre-ordered would get?

It just ends up making a lot of people angry. For months now people have been asking whether or not the people who got the Nvidia free copy would be getting the Harley Quinn pack. They were completely unclear on it, just beating around the bush.

This is no way to treat your fans.

At this point, this game isn't worth buying because of technical issues and such a terrible practice by it's publisher. Even people who got this game for free must feel like they got betrayed right now.

Hey Shadow, please copy and paste the text below into your Batman review. The typos in it are driving me crazy and you're the top review:

*sigh* where to start. It's 2015, why is a game of this caliber is being locked at 30fps? While the frame rate cap is editable, you have to go into the config to do it instead of the main menu. But that doesn't matter, the game is terribly optimized. Whether it's capped at 30 or 60fps, you'll get major framerate drops. A single GTX 970 isn't even enough to keep it at a stable 30fps, which is completely ludicrous. Warner Brothers should be ashamed of releasing a game like this.

What makes it worse is that, at the very last hour, they edited the Steam sub for the people that got the free Nvidia copy for buying a GTX 970 or 980 so that they wouldn't get the Harley Quinn pre-order bonus. Why do that? You already give away a free game, why take away a little pre-order bonus that everyone else who pre-ordered would get?

It just ends up making a lot of people angry. For months now people have been asking whether or not the people who got the Nvidia free copy would be getting the Harley Quinn pack. They were completely unclear on it, just beating around the bush.

This is no way to treat your fans.

At this point, this game isn't worth buying because of technical issues and such a terrible practice by it's publisher. Even people who got this game for free must feel like they got betrayed right now.

The typos are a subversive message about the state of Arkham Knight, to help reinforce just how dire the port is. It's perfect and nothing should be changed.

The same goes for mK_'s review, four below Shadownet's.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Toxikk

Not Recommended
0.0 hrs last two weeks / 8.5 hrs on record
Posted: 15 Jun @ 8:50pm
Updated: 16 Jun @ 11:11am

Early Access Review

Avoid this game by all means!

First thing- nobody's playing it.

Second thing:

They don't give one about players. (Almost) Any critique get's shut down, removed and banned. (Usually, see last post in the threads, for wisest developer answers ever, such as, why would you play an unfinished game? It's unfinished, stop saying that people don't play it!)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/324810/discussions/0/617335934143545687/

For example. So they're saying that being concerned with the developer actions has nothing to do with the game. I love it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/324810/discussions/0/611703999965041818/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/324810/discussions/0/617335934125994144/

"So, calling Toxikk "dead" before it's fully released, before famous YouTubers have reviewed it... actually, before we have spend a SINGLE CENT on advertisement... is just ignorance or trolling. You choose. ;) " - Quote from one of the developers, Sharkster.

Yup, they even insult other developers and Early Access games there, saying, their's better. Great PR. -2nd link, last post in 3rd part of the thread.

Yeah. I also whined about the game being dead and having lots of bugs. I got banned and scared with a lawsuit.

Don't buy it. Horrible developer. There's only 1 active man from the team that you can talk to, nobody else, that's unacceptable.

Now the game:

The description lies to you:

1. No matchmaking system.

2. No skill system (it's so broken it's not even existant).

3. Most unbalanced game of the year.

4. Small maps full of corridors.

5. Does not feel like any game from 1999-2004. It's a clone of UT3, runs on same engine, uses same assets (not all of course, different people have different opinions about the usage. From opinions I got it's between 20-40%).

6. The devloper was supposed to release the game in 2014, almost no shops (checked all known shops from my country, most of them have the release date on 2014, so at least in here) besides steam were informed, even the team that actually makes, and has a major effect on the production:
http://schwiezer.com/project/toxikk/ -yup, they got the idea, release date is still 2014.

7. Community will alienate you immediately- even if you're polite, if you don't dislike the game, get ready to be made fun of, harassed and stalked. If you made a video on it, they will downvote all your videos - with full approval from the developers of course (it seems so)- why they'd remove links from their forums to downvote and harass you in any way? No, asking to remove links and settle this won't help.

8. If you're not a super hardcore arena FPS player you won't be able to get on higher levels and grab most powerups - you will get obliterated.

9. Maps are made for controlling a particular area, usually that has a rocket launcher. Area's give alot of advantage versus any other player (RL, super armor, megahealth can be found in close proximities on some maps, to rocket launcher, which also leads to high, advatage areas on the map that usually have 1 or 2 entrances).

10. Mouse acceleration is on by default. I don't remember that in my early Arena FPS shooters.

11. Prepare for massive lags/ping.

12. You need a good PC to run it. Even then you will have framerate drops.

13. No levelling? Why I have levels in the game then?!

14. No F2P stuff?? How about skins, you know, the thing that F2P games live on? Oh yeh, we've got these!

After reading the description and playing this game for a bit, then uncovering most informations, this game seems like a scam to me. I got my money stolen, I got cheated on and scammed for non-existant features and (in my opinion) false advertising, golden hypocrisy and misleading information were applied in order to make me pay for it.

They've tried to scare me with lawsuits for defending Your wallets. That kind of behaviour from a developer is unacceptable, especially when all critique is being taken as trolling and they start to insult other players before banning them.

I've warned you.

Chariot

lol, some of the positive reviews for AK are something.
not too sure why everyone is ♥♥♥♥♥ing about how the game runs. 970 sli oc'd. never dipping below 60fps and with gsycn game completely maxed. its 2015, time to get gsync and sli your system. lol.

Hektor

So i just played a bit of Batsman myself, and it seems im rather lucky, since i get a stable 30 most of the time. Framedrops only occur for me while cruising trough the city with my batsmobil, but those a pretty hard, nearly down into single digits. (Steams FPS Counter showed 12FPS at times).

If its going to get patched soon i dont mind, since i only payed 23€ on nuuvem, but releasing a port like that is unacceptable, the only way something like that makes it trough QA is by having no QA at all.

It doesn't seem as though We Happy Few's KS campaign is going to be successful. I'll do my part in a week (the pre-alpha tier grants you immediate access after the campaign is over, which is presumably via Steam), but I'm not optimistic.

The announcement trailer for this game was really awesome and got me very hyped for this game, but after hearing that it is going to be a survival game and watching Gameplayvideos from Jim Sterling i couldnt have less interest in it.

A shame that such a cool idea of a setting is wasted on a gameplay concept that bores me so hard. :/

Crapcom.

rtcn63

Capcpom should start charging for proper spelling in its games. They can test the waters by offering to have you pay to remove the extraneous P from the logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom