• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Nidhogg got cards.

anybody wanna play some Nidhogg?

Anteater

capcom should just have kickstarter funding dlcs where people can just toss them money to kickstart dmc5 through steam

if you want money just ask bro

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I can't figure out how to get a refund for Arkham Knight.

I pre-ordered it months ago, so it doesn't show up in recent purchases.

I'm using a skin at the moment, but you should see a "Support" button among the list of choices when you're looking at the game in your library:

n8arowc.png

Clicking that should take you straight to the game's Help section, where you can begin the refund request process.

MUnited83

For you.
"There's no way we can fuck the special edition. Everyone wants it. Maybe we should add pay2win dlcs and it still won't be fucked"

Heh, as long as they don't make it harder to obtain through normal means they can release every single "pay to unlock early" they want.

Heh, as long as they don't make it harder to obtain through normal means they can release every single "pay to unlock early" they want.

The moment they monetise a gameplay mechanic is the same time they begin to reconsider how it works. It's naive to think that they don't readjust its balance to push people into paying. Dead Space 3, for instance, monetised timed resource gathering (needed to craft powerful weapons) which meant it could take days to acquire what was needed... unless you bought more resource gatherers. Without that monetisation, they surely would've shot down such a system due to how anti-fun it is, having to way like that.

Don't ever accept monetised mechanics in game being sold for money.

Shadownet

Banned
Some guy is arguing with me, cause he think people (and me) are spoiled because we expect the Harley Quinn pre-order bonus for the Nvidia people.

I can't believe how many of them have trouble with reading comprehension. I wrote that my problem wasn't with the fact that they didn't include it. But that they deliberately created a new sub for it at the last minute just to take the bonus away from the Nvidia people, especially after months of not giving people a straight answer when it come to that.

...How badly did Massive Chalice bomb? It was half off in the Summer Sale as well, and it's only been a month or so since it left Early Access.
Some guy is arguing with me, cause he think people (and me) are spoiled because we expect the Harley Quinn pre-order bonus for the Nvidia people.

I can't believe how many of them have trouble with reading comprehension. I wrote that my problem wasn't with the fact that they didn't include it. But that they deliberately created a new sub for it at the last minute just to take the bonus away from the Nvidia people, especially after months of not giving people a straight answer when it come to that.

They should include it, you know. It is a pre-order, through Nvidia. If they wanted to avoid this, they could restrict redeeming it until after the game releases, or just deliver them post-release. But as it stands they'd rather make a buck off of the people that would buy the missing content by shortchanging them right off the bat.

They want to have their cake and eat it too, as far as giving copies of games away goes.

Massice Chalice was already 50% off not even a week ago and it's back on sale again. Damn.

It probably didn't help that the game was free at launch on the XB1.

Lain

I'm not sure why you're even wasting time answering some of those people. It's literal wasted time.

I've never paid much attention to Double Fine, but they really seem like a badly ran company whenever I do notice news about them. Strangely them to seem like one of those publishers/developers that get a lot of love from gamers. So... I don't get it.

Lomax

...How badly did Massive Chalice bomb? It was half off in the Summer Sale as well, and it's only been a month or so since it left Early Access.

That SteamSpy article indicates that the data makes it pretty clear that people don't consider coming out of Early Access to be the "release," that EA games still get their biggest bump when they first come out. So in that respect, it's actually been out a while, so 50% off isn't that surprising. And the base price is a bit higher than most Double Fine games.

50% off for a game released 22 days ago? Is DF trying to rile up even more anger?

They did the same thing with Costume Quest 2, it was 50% off in the Halloween sale less than a month after release, and it hadn't even had an Early Access period. DF seems to heavily discount games pretty quickly.

cyba89

Arkham Knight seems to run okay on my machine (R9 280) on normal settings with a few occasional hiccups. Framerate could be more stable, but it's not unplayable for me.

EDIT:
New Tales from the Blands episode downloading? Didn't knew it releases today.

zkylon

zkylewd
Cant imagine nidhogg being too much fun without the other person right next to you for the screaming and gloating and mocking and the woooooooos and the holy shits

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
50% off for a game released 22 days ago? Is DF trying to rile up even more anger?

it was 50% off during rh sale also, and the game has been in early access forever, you talk like it just came out on steam 22 days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom