• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

DMC4SE - all those DLC... and those costumes aren't pre-order exclusives... I should have held off (and yes I have the base game... so bleh this seems kinda pointless?) or is the SE completely different?

Special edition bruh.

New characters and other stuff.

Lomax

Does the 1$ tier contain everything from Borderlands 1?

I don't have that game and if it's the complete collection, I'd bite for a buck.

It doesn't seem to include the Claptrap DLC, which I'm guessing will be a week two addition.

Edit: For all the grief the game gets these days, Borderlands 2 is still one of my favorite games of the past few years and under $5 for it is a damn good deal. Shame the $15 tier wasn't either TPS or Tales, I probably would have grabbed it. As it is, that tier should have been $10 at most.

$15 doesn't seem like a bad price for the Pre-Sequel, but I'd have to pay an additional $5 upfront for that discount, and with that in mind I may as well have bought it during the Summer Sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if someone gets the humble mid tier and isnt going to buy pre-sequel I will gladly take the coupon off your hands

-==ARKHAM KNIGHT REVIEWWATCH==-
Arkham Kight is down to 29% positive reviews on Steam. And this is with a couple hundred new reviews pouring in.

Werd

I don't suppose this will be the once in a blue moon coupon that stacks with store discounts. Got Shadowrun real cheap like that from an alienware coupon.
edit: Humble store coupon, woops. Doubt they even have the capacity to stack like Steam.

Well I don't have Psycho Pack/Mechromancer/Creature Slaughterdome, I suppose I'll put a little down to lock in a low BTA in case there is more DLC I'm missing added.

Pakkidis

I was going to bite but is this a better deal than when Steam has the borderlands sale?

Right now with this bundle -its 15 for this and 15 for the pre-sequel (75% off coupon) for a total of 30 for 3 games

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If by some miracle nobody wants their 75% off Borderlands: TPS Season Pass coupon, I'd like to have it. I already own the Season Pass myself, but my co-op buddy doesn't.

Edit: Oh, wait, I misread. D'oh. I did think it was odd that the coupon was for DLC and not the game itself, haha.

Lain

I only miss Borderlands 2, but I won't buy it for 6€ while the version with all DLC was something like 7 on Steam until Monday.

If you mean the GOTY, then it doesn't have all the DLC. There are various things that you still got to buy separately.

The GOTY doesn't have all DLC. I think it's mainly only missing costume packs, though.

Also Headhunter 1-5 and an Upgrade Pack.

Just checked and the missing Claptrap's Robot Revolution DLC sounds worthwhile but no way am I gonna spend 5+ bucks just for one DLC.
Gonna bank on giveaways for that.

Another thing is, in Germany BL1 is censored, so this might be the best bet for uncensored version for me.

I assume HB's keys are the usual non-censored ones?

Eila

Oh wait, turns out I'm missing all of Borderlands 1 DLC. I had no idea.
Not sure if I should buy the $1 tier for that, though. It's still missing 1 DLC.

dex3108

Aaaand i bought Blands bundle. I don't own any Blands game and i know that Blands 2 has shit load of DLCs but for 5$ deal is not that bad.

N9uDBG1.png

WHAT THE SHIT DOES THIS MEAN?

Did I just get the censored version?
DE=Deutschland ?

Tizoc

You know what can fill that Batman AK void?

This game.
Well if you like 2D platformers really. It's not a looker like Shovel Knight or Freedom Planet, but it's overall gameplay is really good and shows where the dev put all the work in. Graphics are serviceable but gameplay def. comes out on top. It's already among my GotY 2015 contenders.

...and speaking of Arkham Knight
http://www.pcgamer.com/a-look-at-batman-arkham-knights-launch-day-issues/

When PCGamer suggests getting a Steam refund, you don fucked up real bad.

madjoki

Humble Borderlands bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Blands
  • Blands:Zombie Island of Dr Ned
  • Blands:Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot
  • Blands:General Knoxx
TIER 2: BTA
  • Blands 2
  • Blands 2:psycho
  • Blands 2:Mechromancer
  • Blands 2:Creature Slaughterdome
  • Blands Pre-Sequel 75% off coupon
TIER 3: 15
  • Blands 2:Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade 2
  • Blands 2:Headhunter 5
  • Blands2:Season Pass
  • 2K Store 25% off coupon

BTA unlocks from SteamDB:

Borderlands DLC: Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 1: Bloody Harvest
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 2: Wattle Gobbler
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 3: Mercenary Day
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 4: Wedding Day Massacre

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
N9uDBG1.png

DE=Deutschland ?

jup, seems like that.

This is not the first time humble did this, which is technically fine. But they should say it on the page in big red letter when they register a german IP adress

Looks like this. I think humble looks at your location. You know, you try to conquer the world once, maybe twice and suddenly everyone hates you.
Oh fucking shit. I just wasted 93cents. To think this was my first purchase for myself in over 9 months.

Fuck. Fuck it all.

Hektor

N9uDBG1.png

DE=Deutschland ?

Well, DE certainly doesnt stand for definitive edition.
One more victim of Randy Pitchford.

Randy-Pitchford.jpg

jup, seems like that.

This is not the first time humble did this, which is technically fine. But they should say it on the page in big red letter when the register a german IP adress

They did it the last time with the SEGA Hubba Bubba iirc.

JaseC

Oh wait, turns out I'm missing all of Borderlands 1 DLC. I had no idea.
Not sure if I should buy the $1 tier for that, though. It's still missing 1 DLC.

It's bizarre that 2K chose the Moxxi DLC over the Claptrap DLC. The former is just a very uninspired set of three horde arenas whereas Claptrap is a proper mini-campaign.

rtcn63

From what I remember on console, the Claptrap DLC was horrendous. It was basically "kill 30 claptraps to get this and bring it to me" followed by "kill 70 claptraps to get this and bring it to me" followed by "kill 150 claptraps to get this and bring it to me" followed by "oh shit nope not over kill a billion claptraps to die slowly inside and bring your desecrated corpse to me".

There was probably more, but I'm guessing similar shit different park.

Eila

It's bizarre that 2K chose the Moxxi DLC over the Claptrap DLC. The former is just a very uninspired set of three horde arenas whereas Claptrap is a proper mini-campaign.

Of course they'd lock the good stuff behind BTA. 2K being 2K, I guess.
I'll just grab the $1 bundle. +3 DLC isn't that bad.

Werd

BTA unlocks from SteamDB:
Borderlands DLC: Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 1: Bloody Harvest
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 2: Wattle Gobbler
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 3: Mercenary Day
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 4: Wedding Day Massacre
Thanks for the info. I've got Borderlands 1 GotY and Borderlands 2 + Season pass, but none of the other BTA DLC. Eh, might be worth $4.44.

JaseC

Damn. Can I buy the same thing again via VPN, activate it and get the uncensored version or am I doomed for peaceful pandering?

Retail key activations take depots into account, so it'd work, but you'd want Valve to remove the previous key from your account as you won't receive uncensored versions of the files already covered by the LV depots without manually downloading the uncensored depots via Steam's console and substituting the data.

Retail key activations take depots into account, so it'd work, but you'd want Valve to remove the previous key from your account as you won't receive uncensored versions of the files already covered by the LV depots without manually downloading the uncensored depots via Steam's console and substituting the data.
Lord, that got complicated quickly. Where do I request removal of a key? Should I do that before activating the uncensored key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom