• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Generally, if you don't care for loot games (Torchlight II, Diablo 3) or are a stickler for tight shooting mechanics, Borderlands 2 won't be your cup of tea. Otherwise- wait for the GOTY to go on sale (it does, a lot) and pick up any of the extra DLC you may want. Tiny Tina is part of the GOTY I believe, and that's the only decent one of the bunch.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lord, that got complicated quickly. Where do I request removal of a key?

There's no dedicated category (or at least there wasn't the last time I needed a game removed), so just select Account Issues -> Missing games on account here.

Should I do that before activating the uncensored key?

It shouldn't matter, but you might as well hold off on activating the key in case Valve removes the wrong licence.

Vazduh

I'm grumbling so hard right now I could murder a baby goat.

Can't believe I'm about to buy the same game again and have double +1s.

To paraphrase Mark Kermode: If you pay money for Borderlands, it's your own fault and you're bringing down the collapse of Western civilization.

jk, I like bl

Lomax

I haven't yet. I remember being interested at first, but got turned off once I learned it was multiplayer-oriented and light on RPG elements.

I played them exclusively single-player, so while multi may improve them, it certainly isn't mandatory. But they aren't RPGs, they are Diablo-style loot games. So if you like loot and you like the sense of humor (which the trailers will tell you, either you do or you don't), then you'll like them, if you don't, you probably won't.

Honestly, it's pretty easy to know if you'll like the Borderlands games or not. If you ever played a game addictively just for looting, and you find the trailers funny, you'll like them. If you don't like either of those things, you won't.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Went and found one of my posts summarizing my distaste for Borderlands 2:

Borderlands 2 is a game that fails in its execution of almost everything:

As an RPG: basic leveling system with choices that don't even feel like choices, using attribute points that affect so little they might as well not have bothered with the whole system.

As an FPS: brain-dead enemies and terrible gunplay.

As a loot-whore game: terrible item drops, terrible weapons that never feel significantly more powerful than what you're already using, majority of drops do not genuinely reward exploration or even attempt to tell a story.

As an open-world game: boring, lifeless overworld that exists only to make you spend 10 minutes traversing it in a terrible vehicle towards identical quest lines.

As a co-op game: allows 4 players, which is about the only thing it sets out to do and does correctly.

Edit: This is without even touching the story, which is so bad I actually quietly judge you if you enjoyed it.

Honestly, my problems with the game have only intensified in the intervening years and become a hate concentrate suitable for snow cones or soda machines.

There's no dedicated category (or at least there wasn't the last time I needed a game removed), so just select Account Issues -> Missing games on account here.

It shouldn't matter, but you might as well hold off on activating the key in case Valve removes the wrong licence.
Done, ticket sent. Hope they work quick. Thank you buddy. Wouldn't have known what to do otherwise!

Probably not gonna re-buy myself the 1$ tier. Don't trust humble (or myself) enough to not fumble it again.

chronomac

Amazon discontinued it, I believe.

Thanks. PayPal's just as easy.

Turns out you get 2 keys when you BTA: one for the original game (with the DLC) and one for Borderlands 2 (and the DLC). I already have the original, so here you go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Borderlands -- MB-86506775584C75EB - Taken by S1n1st3r. 6 entrants total.

t1435086421z1.png

...How badly did Massive Chalice bomb? It was half off in the Summer Sale as well, and it's only been a month or so since it left Early Access.

I don't think you can say that it bombed. The game had about 60k sold copes (30k backers on Kickstarter) before the current sale started, so it's actually doing quite descent all things considered. The well reviewed and loved Invisible Inc is just over 100k sold.

It's the same with pretty much all early access titles that aren't about dinosaurs, zombies or crafting. As the Steamspy article says, you get one release, and Massive Chalice had it's own back in the end of october.

The main problem the game has it that most people expect an XCOM class polished game, when the game was developed with a fraction of that games budget, and half of the development period.

Sch1sm

I don't think you can say that it bombed. The game had about 60k sold copes (30k backers on Kickstarter) before the current sale started, so it's actually doing quite descent all things considered. The well reviewed and loved Invisible Inc is just over 100k sold.

It's the same with pretty much all early access titles that aren't about dinosaurs, zombies or crafting. As the Steamspy article says, you get one release, and Massive Chalice had it's own back in the end of october.

The main problem the game has it that most people expect an XCOM class polished game, when the game was developed with a fraction of that games budget, and half of the development period.

It can't be making much money now, though. 50% off this week, 50% off the summer sale, free on X1 games with gold this month.

Chariot

Holy crap AK is amazing when it works.

When it doesn't, however, like when it crashes when I broadcast, it's pretty salty
They should print that on the box of the Definitive Edition. "It's amazing when it works"

Well, between my disappointment with this Kickstarter and the things I heard from DF-9 and Broken Age, I will never invest in a DF Kickstarter again.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I didn't think I would be enjoying neptunia rebirth 1 as much as I am right now. The dialogue is pretty funny and the combat is enjoyable if albeit somewhat grindy.

Glad I both both rebirth 1 and 2 on sale.

Well, between my disappointment with this Kickstarter and the things I heard from DF-9 and Broken Age, I will never invest in a DF Kickstarter again.

The things you heard? You would do well to at least read up on them, and build your own opinion, cause you won't get the most informed opinions about Double Fine if you go by the background noice on the internet.

But staying away from a kickstarter if you aren't 100% sure about it is always a good strategy.

Khronico

It continues to boggle my mind that Blacklist turned out as good as it did. I remember watching the first gameplay footage of it and just being depressed that another of my favorite series was turning into streamlined garbage. I played it on PS3 and was genuinely amazed at how GOOD it was both as a stealth game and a Splinter Cell game. I'm replaying it right now on Realistic difficulty and it's even better than when I first played it. Chaos Theory is still the best in the series but Blacklist is a close second IMO.

ehh, the bundle isn't bad it's just that the type of folks who would follow Humble Bundle probably bought those games a long ass time ago. I suppose if you just got into the PC gaming scene in the last year or so then this is a great bundle but most folks have been following these bundles for years now. Plenty of time to get the BLands for cheap.

Chariot

The things you heard? You would do well to at least read up on them, and build your own opinion, cause you won't get the most informed opinions about Double Fine if you go by the background noice on the internet.

But staying away from a kickstarter if you aren't 100% sure about it is always a good strategy.
No, I think that is enough for me to never take risks again with DF, they obviously overhype and aim too high. If their further games are good I will surely buy them, but I rather invest in other projects that need my money.

Maybe a double sided cover with one side of 6 / 10 and other side 10/10
10/10 on PC*

Playstation 4 Console
Do I get a hat with that membership? Maybe some doc tear popper?
lmmLVRO.png
Isn't Nep-cred enough? No?
Here's your hat

Amzin

It's really a shame about the debacle with Arkham Knight but I VPN'd it yesterday and played for 3 hours or so and honestly enjoyed myself so much. Yea I had to crank down the graphics but the game is FUN... if you can get it to actually game :p Hopefully they patch it fast. Would love to turn the settings up/on

Honestly, my problems with the game have only intensified in the intervening years and become a hate concentrate suitable for snow cones or soda machines.

As someone who liked Borderlands 2, you are right on the money.

Grief.exe

Good man.

I am so hyped for Shadow Warrior 2. Flying Wild Hog seems to up the quality from game to game. Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior made me like the FPS genre again (then I played some COD games and I disliked it all over again).

Why would you play COD at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom