• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god...that gif

SunhiLegend gifs are truly the best part of gaf, other than Lionel Mandrake's summaries.

Anyway. Random question but is there any good videos or articles on the internets to summarize the cluster fuck that is the Metal Gear Solid world? I've played most of the games over the years, but trying to get re-caught up before TPP comes out.

I found this. It seems like a decent basic summary. It's missing Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes, though.

I'm not saying it makes sense, or that Kojima understands genetics, or that he hasn't retconned the ever living crap out of MGS, including retconning details from MG and MG2 when making MGS1.

I'm just sayin' that if you watch the briefing videos in MGS1 it covers that stuff in excruciating detail. Maybe the hair dyeing is on my bad memory, but that doesn't mean he's not blonde in TPP. Many children start off being blonde throughout childhood and then their hair darkens with time.

but that image makes it seem like he's got really REALLY blonde hair and my memory of those briefings is that his hair appears to be incredibly blonde in that stuff.

I didn't know Solid Snake's hair color was such a big issue

He's just that guy that sneaks into buildings and destroys robots to me
also nanomachines

I really, really wanna do a guide free playthrough but ... I'll endure.
I'm in the area where A.R.I.D. is re-purposed as a domestic robot, I wasn't given the choice to lie I could only deny the directive and now when I talk to... Hank, the only way forward is domestic training but the only choice I'm given is to deny it which activates a security robot that attempts to power a panel without a power cell.

You need to use
invisibility power
then something will happen

Hair color is serious business :|

it's coming up a lot more often now because it appears as if young liquid and solid might be in TPP. they've shown a couple of kids that look like they could be siblings and are both blonde.

so then people are now trying to either verify this hunch or debunk it.

to which im on the side that it's probably the young snakes and that #chicoisquiet

I really, really wanna do a guide free playthrough but ... I'll endure.
I'm in the area where A.R.I.D. is re-purposed as a domestic robot, I wasn't given the choice to lie I could only deny the directive and now when I talk to... Hank, the only way forward is domestic training but the only choice I'm given is to deny it which activates a security robot that attempts to power a panel without a power cell.

oh, i was stuck there for a while too. once you figure it out you'll feel a bit dumb for not having thought of that option first hah.

and prepare yourself, it's only gonna get tougher from there. Never too tough, but the game will definitely have you thinking.

Tizoc

okay guys... help me here pls..

I'm trying to play DmC (yes....)
is there a way to lock 1080p60? I'm getting random dips :/

and for those using GeDoSaTo
- do the settings in GeDoSaTo override those of the nVidia control panel?
- GeDoSaTo's default is AA disabled (and only offer SMAA or FXAA)... I would prefer nVidia's MSAA if I can :/

What's your setup? I had everything at max on my lappy and it ran solid 60 FPS.

Ozium

I'm not saying it makes sense, or that Kojima understands genetics, or that he hasn't retconned the ever living crap out of MGS, including retconning details from MG and MG2 when making MGS1.

I'm just sayin' that if you watch the briefing videos in MGS1 it covers that stuff in excruciating detail. Maybe the hair dyeing is on my bad memory, but that doesn't mean he's not blonde in TPP. Many children start off being blonde throughout childhood and then their hair darkens with time.

but that image makes it seem like he's got really REALLY blonde hair and my memory of those briefings is that his hair appears to be incredibly blonde in that stuff.

so solid chilled with his brother liquid when they were kids but then forgot about him to the point that he was shocked he had a brother in MGS1?

solid snake' pretty dumb but he's not that stupid

In Crusader Kings II, I keep getting overconfident and attacking people and then I get my ass handed to me. Haha I'm so bad at this game but it's really fun.

Knurek

What if the shitty Arkham Knight port is just an excuse Warner Bros. will use to leave Steam entirely and release their PC games on WB Pass (or whatever's their DRM called) only?

Which won't have 30% revenue cut. And no refunds to further decrease the potential profit. And no DOTO/CSGO to compete against!

so solid chilled with his brother liquid when they were kids but then forgot about him to the point that he was shocked he had a brother in MGS1?

solid snake' pretty dumb but he's not that stupid

Ehh, it's kojima. They'll make some sort of excuse for them not remembering. Plus, Liquid never seems to have forgotten given how pissed he was at solid during MGS1. It's implied he knew all along and only Solid was in the dark.

So yeah, just one solid (no pun intended!) boink to the back of snake's head and whoops who am I and what am i doing here? It worked for Final Fantasy VIII so surely it can work here.

I mean, it's a series where Big Boss has completely forgotten the russian language he spoke so well in MGS3 because comas are tough. and nanomachines. And it's a universe where a tank that can shoot nukes actually makes sense and is taken seriously.

Shadownet

Banned
ABdcI08.png

Perfect

Ozium

Ehh, it's kojima. They'll make some sort of excuse for them not remembering. Plus, Liquid never seems to have forgotten given how pissed he was at solid during MGS1. It's implied he knew all along and only Solid was in the dark.

So yeah, just one solid (no pun intended!) boink to the back of snake's head and whoops who am I and what am i doing here?

I mean, it's a series where Big Boss has completely forgotten the russian language he spoke so well in MGS3 because comas are tough. and nanomachines. And it's a universe where a tank that can shoot nukes actually makes sense and is taken seriously.

Kojima is really bad at keeping writing notes I guess.

ExoSoul

Banned
oh, i was stuck there for a while too. once you figure it out you'll feel a bit dumb for not having thought of that option first hah.

and prepare yourself, it's only gonna get tougher from there. Never too tough, but the game will definitely have you thinking.

Just figured it out, jeez >_>

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
In an interview with Famitsu Weekly, Kojima admitted that he took a week-long break while writing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and had completely forgotten what happened in the first half of the story when writing the last half.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/hideo-kojima-says-last-half-of-mgsv-will-retcon-the-first-half-of-the-game/

So... yeah.

P4RGaming is a satire site, there's no interview with Famitsu Weekly where he actually said any of that.

Until there is something equivalent to the Sonic Passion, no.

I take it you haven't looked in the Metal Gear Community thread, then?
The best, craziest nutters on the site by far

I love p4r, but how can you believe this

“When I wrote the story, I had forgotten most of the details in the first half so when I put the two halves together, I realized that they did not completely line up,” admitted Kojima, “I had forgotten the original intentions of characters like Ocelot and Kaz so by the second half of the story, their actions made no sense. I also completely forgot about Huey and never wrote a conclusion to his story. Combining these two parts was like trying to fit two jigsaw pieces that just don’t go together.”

“When I tried to fix the first half of the story to better match the second, I ended up creating further inconsistencies with Metal Gear Solid 3, Portable Ops, and Peace Walker,” explained Kojima, “Then I tried rewriting the second half of the story to better match the first half and it ended up conflicting with established details in Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Metal Gear Rising. I was also informed that the story seemed to completely ignore the existence of the original Metal Gear Solid game.”

When he was asked on how he reconciled all these plot points, Kojima responded, “I had to make a decision on how I wanted to do the least amount of damage to the Metal Gear storyline so I decided to leave both halves of The Phantom Pain the way they are. So as of right now, they are completely inconsistent with each other. Either way, I am sure I can fix all of the mistakes in the sequel or the next one although I think I might be running out of time until Metal Gear happens. Maybe I will just write that and Metal Gear 2 out completely as a dream or something.”

please

EDIT: I love the idea of Obama using an anime avatar

mrklaw

MrArseFace
so my son wants to start playing CS:GO with his friends. He should be set up for family sharing, and I already own the game. But does that mean I can't play anything from my steam library while he is playing CS? If he is on it a lot that might be a pain in the arse.

Erheller

so my son wants to start playing CS:GO with his friends. He should be set up for family sharing, and I already own the game. But does that mean I can't play anything from my steam library while he is playing CS? If he is on it a lot that might be a pain in the arse.

If I remember correctly, CSGO is excluded from Steam Family Sharing.

Werd

It originally locked competitive matchmaking, spectating and of course item drops. Maybe it's now locked entirely though.

Anyway once one game is being used in family sharing the library is locked. The original owner always has precedence, but to play any game you would have to kick the sharer off.

Omega

Banned

He should be able to play. The exclusion was only for competitive IIRC and he wouldn't be able to play that anyway since they implemented a requirement to be profile rank 3.

MUnited83

For you.
Thats exactly how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom