• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Loved Her Story, which is ironic because I hate VNs. Guess I just hate anime, the young me is sad now

Shadownet

Banned
Loved Her Story, which is ironic because I hate VNs. Guess I just hate anime, the young me is sad now
I remember there was time when anime was enjoyed by a very small group of people. Nowadays its super popular.

Hah, sup shadow. I've been so bloody busy lately i don't have time to play games, much less post on here.

The little free time i do get nowadays i'm basically lurking :D.
We buy games, but we don't really play them. #PCGamers

Also, the thought of a Russian bear "lurking" is quite possibly the scariest thing ever.. *look over my shoulder*

Khronico

Anyone actually trying to play through the games they got in the summer sale? I just finished up purchase #3 (Blacklist) a few hours ago and feeling pretty good.

Shadownet

Banned
Anyone actually trying to play through the games they got in the summer sale? I just finished up purchase #3 (Blacklist) a few hours ago and feeling pretty good.
Yeah I beat HuniPop last night, going to play a bit of Hand of Fate before I jump back into Witcher 3. Arkham Knight can go sit in a corner for a time out.

Also bought Westerado.. But it won't even start on my Windows 10 PC.. Really upset about that.
--------
I'm seeing so many people posted that they double dipped on Batman Arkham Knight or used their refund money to go buy it..

Why are you still supporting that company?
I think the thing I'm most upset about is that they didn't even apologize for this whole thing. They made two public announcement so far and not one of the included any form of apology.

If you look at most other publishers. They would be sincerely apologize. Warner Brothers just said they know there is a problem and they'll work on it. Not even acknowledging that the problem is their fault.

Look at Shuhei Yoshida, even months after the whole DriveClub thing that man is still apologizing for it.

At this point to me, its not even about the bad port anymore. It's about owning up to it, and so far they haven't shown me that they are.

P.S. I'm sorry for the rant. It just been bothering me how they have been handling this.

garath

I tried to play Pixel heroes of Byte and Magic and got bored. At least it was only $2.50. I haven't yet loaded up Transistor but I did start playing Wolfenstein and have been enjoying it.

So yeah. Definitely taking a stab at it this time. Helps that I only bought a few games. I usually have so many new ones that I play each of them a short time and never return to them again.

Khronico

Yeah I beat HuniPop last night, going to play a bit of Hand of Fate before I jump back into Witcher 3. Arkham Knight can go sit in a corner for a time out.

Good man.

a backlog is for growing not shrinking

thisisneogaf.gif

I tried to play Pixel heroes of Byte and Magic and got bored. At least it was only $2.50. I haven't yet loaded up Transistor but I did start playing Wolfenstein and have been enjoying it.

So yeah. Definitely taking a stab at it this time. Helps that I only bought a few games. I usually have so many new ones that I play each of them a short time and never return to them again.

Right on. Yeah I bought WAY too much this sale but at least I'm actually playing through the stuff I bought unlike most sales.

Right now I'm trying to decide between Metro 2033, Chronicles of Riddick or Vegas 2.

Started a bit of Elite: Dangerous, also started Arkham Oranges, and still playing New Vegas and Far Cry 4, trying not to play to much at once, of course now I want to start a billion other games, and still need to finish Dragonfall and Valkyria Chronicles, not to mention games I play that I can't actually "beat" i.e. Rocksmith, Rock Band.

If you haven't you should take a look at Savage Empire and hopefully support it. Only 8 days left and I really want it to happen.

KICKSTARTER

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1069712

RAfPoLqm.jpg
Thought it's a game. But it's just a book. Eh.

Also, it's bishoptl's KS!

topyy

Blood of Old promotion key received, thanks Kiru.

WinGameStore Summer Sales
24 hours flash
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition -75% $2.49
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered -75% $2.49
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions -75% $3.74
BioShock 2 -80% $3.99
Airport Madness: World Edition -50% $4.99
Borderlands -75% $4.99
Might & Magic X - Legacy Deluxe Edition -80% $5.99
BioShock Infinite -75% $7.49 sorry,4.99 is a wrong number
This War of Mine -60% $7.99
Verdun -50% $11.49
Broforce -20% $11.99
Kerbal Space Program -25% $29.99

24 hours flash
BioShock 2 -80% $3.99
Borderlands -75% $4.99
BioShock Infinite -75% $4.99
Verdun -50% $11.49
Broforce -20% $11.99

I'm definitely getting Geometry Wars 3. Meant to get it during Steam's sale but I'm glad I didn't because it's cheaper here.

Is this a new site? First I'm hearing of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this Her Story review

Recommended
0.7 hrs on record
Posted: 24 June
This is better than Arkham Knight.

the salt is real
and its probably true too :p

Dr Dogg

I must confess now that I have never played a DMC game before. Could I safely start off with DMC4SE? Any story bits I should look up before jumping in?

Well story wise each entry, despite their being a continued narative, do end up being somewhat self contained. You might not get who a couple of characters are but 4 for the most part shifts the focus on to a couple of new characters really. Even chronologically the games are out of order with DMC 3 being the first, then DMC 1 the next in order and finally DMC 4 shortly after that (some say there is a long lost DMC 2 that takes place at the end of the timeline but that's just crazy talk as no DMC 2 exists at all!).

Gameplay wise it's quite a well balanced game and has a range of difficulties that have a good range and learning curve. Plus I'd say 4 is the easiest one to pick up but has a lot of depth to master too.

Messiah

24 hours flash
BioShock 2 -80% $3.99
Borderlands -75% $4.99
Verdun -50% $11.49
Broforce -20% $11.99

Man today really is not my day. Just bought MGS4 and the MGS HD collection 3 days ago and now they are on sale in the PSN store. And then Geometry wars goes down to 3.74$ when I just bought it at 7,50€ on the last sale day.

Could've bought DMC4SE from that money goddamnit

Chariot

Holy fuck. I just go conquer the HRE for a few hours and Arkham Knight is EVEN DEEPER in shit? Nvidia maybe speeding up video to hide 30 fps. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

XShagrath

I started sorting my Steam library yesterday with more categories than just Playing/Completed. I gave up after about 15 minutes because it was so tedious.

There has to be a better way!

Tizoc

OK that reddit page about Batman AK NVidia footage being sped up is total BS, it's on the level of Tinfoil hat conspiracy BS.

Chariot

OK that reddit page about Batman AK NVidia footage being sped up is total BS, it's on the level of Tinfoil hat conspiracy BS.
I am at the point where I believe that rocksteady kicked puppies in the face.

But I also begin to suspect that nvidia didn't do such a thing. I won't deny it directly tho. Things happen. Strange things.

Zeknurn

24 hours flash
BioShock 2 -80% $3.99
Borderlands -75% $4.99
Verdun -50% $11.49
Broforce -20% $11.99

The real summer sale starts now. I see multiple things I want to buy here unlike the Steam sale.

Vlad

I've been playing a TON of Infinifactory. While it's not nearly as difficult as SpaceChem, It's still fun to figure out how you're going to go about solving the various puzzles.

The game takes a while to get to the really complicated puzzles, and for a while I was worried that the game was going to be too easy the whole way through.

Then I start hitting levels that require solutions like this:
V817gqz.gif

And that's just the part of the level that I could actually fit in the frame!

Lain

I need a

tbh.
One to actually hook me up with all my needs and not the candy.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Don't we all.

Rhak-Rhak, how can you enjoy Her Story? Doesn't the CA make your eyes bleed?! I mean, just looking at the OT for the game made my eyes bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom