• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
f9zBs6Y.gif

tumblr_nabeeaScXo1tq4of6o1_500.gif

---

Steam thread, so I should probably be talking about Steam games. Let's see.

I beat Hotline Miami 2 on Sunday. Loved it. Great levels, great music. I just miss being able to pick masks in every level.

I played through Costume Quest 2 on Monday. I think it's a better than the first game, the combat system is more interesting.

I started playing The Legend of Korra yesterday. Oomph, it's fun, but it's easily the worst Platinum game I've played by far. It feels bland by Platinum standards, the story is too vanilla, the environments are dull, and the combat is not really up to Platinum snuff.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I can't even find what you people are talking about.

Someone (steam gaffer, too) decided to do some defective gaffing on a poster that dared to express the controversial opinion that maybe some people were being melodramatic about the whole Arkham Knight situation.

That someone looked at their neogaf account page and saw a social account where they used their real name, punched that real name into Google and found a page belonging to someone with that name who happened to work in the television department of Warner Bros.

That being enough research, the detective outed the poster in the thread for the obvious shill they are.

Except that it was a coincidence. Even half a second worth of additional research would have shown one person was a woman and another a man and that they don't live anywhere near each other and that none of the timelines match up.

I know it takes half a second because that's all it took me when I saw it and alerted everyone to call off the witch hunt. It stopped there, but I believe it spread to the Steam forums and probably Reddit.

Edit: hope this is kosher, but hopefully it ends the discussion.

Anteater

I think i'm going to play the kingdoms of the amalur trial on origin

I got 48hrs, I bet I'll get bored of it before the time's over.

DMC4SE though is fucking god like!!! Corking PC version all round really. Only damp spot is the DX10 render path as that means no crazy 8k GeDoSaTo tomfoolery but still 90ish fps at 5120x2880 is nothing to be sniffed at and easily 120 at 3840x2160. I recon a 970 with a decent overclock could hold above 60 @ 4k. Love the additions like auto saving and menu navigation. Oh and Vergil is a fucking boss!!! Definitive version of a great game and a stonker of a PC release.

I must confess now that I have never played a DMC game before. Could I safely start off with DMC4SE? Any story bits I should look up before jumping in?

I must confess now that I have never played a DMC game before. Could I safely start off with DMC4SE? Any story bits I should look up before jumping in?

there are two sons of Sparda: Dante, a nutty but cool dude and Vergil, a more serious and evil-er dude.

They disagree about stuff and fight sometimes.

and that's about as much as you need to know going into DMC4, which i don't even think references any of this one bit in the OG game.

There hasn't been a single good DLC for the batman games. The Robin DLC for AC was ok at times and Cold, Cold Heart was a legit turd that left me disliking Oranges more after having played it.

So not only isn't it a shock that the Harley DLC is pure garbage water but it's surprising that WB really expects people to pay $40 for DLC to a batman game when they've always been trash.

Vuze

How did the trading card thing turn out btw? I've played about 2h (1.8 to be precise) of Her Story but haven't had a single drop, so has Valve changed the drop settings?
I remember jshackles implied sth like this a few days ago but I didn't follow the news on it.

Can someone help me with DMC4 on Nuuvem? On mobile it doesn't work.

What black ritual did they do to bring you from the dead?

How did the trading card thing turn out btw? I've played about 2h (1.8 to be precise) of Her Story but haven't had a single drop, so has Valve changed the settings? I remember jshackles implied sth like this a few days ago but I didn't follow the news on it.

If it's 1.8 it isn't 2 hours.

That and at 2 hours the normal card drop timer starts so you still got to wait the usual length.

How did the trading card thing turn out btw? I've played about 2h (1.8 to be precise) of Her Story but haven't had a single drop, so has Valve changed the drop settings?
I remember jshackles implied sth like this a few days ago but I didn't follow the news on it.

I think it's pretty well established that you won't receive cards for the first ~2 hours. I idled 8 hours over night and had 5 drops.

Vuze

If it's 1.8 it isn't 2 hours.

That and at 2 hours the normal card drop timer starts so you still got to wait the usual length.
I see. I never really paid attention to when I received drops was just curious if they recently changed the system because of the refund feature.

I see. I never really paid attention to when I received drops was just curious if they recently changed the system because of the refund feature.

Yeah the only reason it is 2 hours before the normal card drop timer starts now is because they don't want people abusing card drops and returning games. Because the old way it worked, depending on the game you could get all the cards in like an hour to an hour and a half.

L.O.R.D

ok, not from my PC , but my friend with newer laptop then mine bought DMC4 SE and played it
he says the game is working on 30-40FPS with all sittings on low

so, i guess i can forget about the game and play the original DMC4 instead

Shadownet

Banned
Edit: hope this is kosher, but hopefully it ends the discussion.
Some news articles linked that post too. I was like *cringe* morningbus isn't going to like this.

I still think its silly to ban people who quoted that, they most likely didn't mean any harm by it. A mod could have just as easily edited out all the post and wrote them a little warning in their PM.

But whatever, I'm not a mod so I guess it doesn't matter what I think. Hopefully they will be back soon.
Reading last couple of pages...
Unless I missed you, I thought you died or something. Glad to see you posting.

garath

I think i'm going to play the kingdoms of the amalur trial on origin

I got 48hrs, I bet I'll get bored of it before the time's over.

I didn't even last that long. I really wanted to like it. The concept was sound and the combat and skill system was pretty cool but I got bogged down in this massive world of fetch quests and running toward indicators. It lost me pretty quick :(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-DF2F5E2897A746B0 - Taken by L.O.R.D
gutter trash

If i didn't still have DMC3 in my backlog I would go all in on that DMC4SE deal, especially since capcom seems extra crappy about putting things on sale at a reasonable price.

but restraint, i gotta show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom