• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
It almost certainly won't be able to pull your saves from the cloud. Back your saves up for sure. Alternatively, if you're planning to play Witcher 3 immediately, just install that and import the saves first before you uninstall Witcher 2?

I won't start Witcher 3 immediately, I have to play a non-RPG game first :D

I'll back them up then, thanks

I refreshed after my edit to make sure because I ain't no cheater. But I've had some problems with the Ubisoft store, if I can't redeem the key you'll get it (must be redeemed in the next few hours).
Nah, I'm just joking. Congrats on Unity!
There are time-based keys? Learn a new thing every day.

Arthea

I'm guessing their reasoning for this must have been influenced by things like Higurashi ch1 (possibly) not selling too well, and putting it into a bundle is a gamble for increasing the userbase for the next chapters, while eden bundle sales could push them past the 100k to get that translation going for that other minori VN.

but having good discounts at summer sale would have accomplished that and brought them a lot more money, instead they go bundle. I'll never understand some publishers.

Well, I can understand the Go Go Japan one since they will be making a 2.0 version of it that, if I remember right, will be paid DLC.
Same thing with Higurashi I'm guessing you'll have to pay for the other episodes.

I guess they are giving people a taste to get them addicted.

Still, X-note, Blue Rose and Eden* are already way enough to excuse this =)
Inspite of what they do, until other chapters are on steam, Higurashi will suffer some underperformance, even if it's self consistent story, it is still a small part of a VN. I only made exception because it's Higurashi, usually I wait for more chapters, ideally all, before buying.

inm8num2

The DC is only worth playing if you want to bathe in the developer commentary. The actual game itself runs worse than DE:HR vanilla and The Missing Link.

Interesting - I remember reading about performances issues with the DC when it first released. I have vanilla+DLC+Missing Link and never felt compelled to pay for an upgrade that apparently isn't much of an upgrade. Might donate a few bucks to the charity drive anyway.

Catshade

Eh, I find integrating The Missing Link DLC into the main game really messes up the pacing of the game. On its own, the DLC is great. As part of the main game, it feels like an unnecessary padding.

Deitus

it's much more buggy since it's based on an older build of the game, it has the DLC baked into the main campaign. It's also a +1.

That's kinda it.

The DC is only worth playing if you want to bathe in the developer commentary. The actual game itself runs worse than DE:HR vanilla and The Missing Link.

Oh, didn't realize it performed worse. I went ahead and picked it up thinking at least the better boss fights would be worth the small price tag. Oh well, it's for charity.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, didn't realize it performed worse. I went ahead and picked it up thinking at least the better boss fights would be worth the small price tag. Oh well, it's for charity.

I assumed Squeenix was going to fix up the DC when it rolled out the Mac version, which was in development for quite some time, but I've still yet to read any reports that things have improved.

Backlogger

Besides its not Travelers Tales, so how good of a LEGO game could it be?

The LEGO game I would like to see come to PC but probably never will is LEGO City Undercover.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Backlogger

An awesome game, but the load times...oh the load times :/

The load times would be much better on PC (assuming better hardware of course). The load times were long for LEGO Batman 2 and LEGO Marvel on Xbox 360 due to the open world city nature. They are way better on PC. I'm sure it would be the same for Undercover as well.

r3n4ud

The load times would be much better on PC (assuming better hardware of course). The load times were long for LEGO Batman 2 and LEGO Marvel on Xbox 360 due to the open world nature. They are way better on PC. I'm sure it would be the same for Undercover as well.

Ah man, didn't know the other lego's had longer load times on consoles. Bring on Undercover then! A gem of a game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
today I learned that once youre market locked from a new payment option, if you continue to use said payment option (even tho its not new anymore), the lock keeps extending

wonderful. just wonderful

Lain

today I learned that once youre market locked from a new payment option, if you continue to use said payment option (even tho its not new anymore), the lock keeps extending

wonderful. just wonderful

I've been wondering, does the new payment lock happens only if you decide to save your payment info?
I switched between my usual prepaid card to a different CC during summer sale and wasn't hit with any market restriction, but I've taken the habit of not saving my card info on Steam.

Is it true that you can just use discussions in-game instead of a save game file?
Because I'd probably just do that.

Yeah you will get a conversation about 5 hours into the game that will let you set the world state by answering a few questions. But to do that you have to specify before you start the game that you don't want to use the default world state. Just look into it before you start playing and you'll be fine.

Tried 100 times for a free key for Fearless Fantasy....keeps saying "you didnt get one! Try again in 1 minute." Why do I have to have a "chance" at winning 1 of 100k

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

MY1tF4L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom