• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxiLive

New Dirt Rally DLC Patch just hit, Tarmac Terrors which includes all these free goodies:

New

• 12 new rally stages based at Baumholder in Germany
  • Owners Club Online Events – A second DiRT Daily where you compete in your own car
  • A second weekly event where we’ll be experimenting and throwing new challenges at you
  • 7 new rally cars featuring new Group B RWD & Kit Car Classes
  • Renault Alpine A110 1600S
  • Opel Kadett GT/E 16v
  • Renault 5 Turbo
  • Opel Manta 400
  • Lancia 037 Evo 2
  • Seat Ibiza Kitcar
  • Peugeot 306 Maxi
  • New calibration and options screens in “Advanced Wheel Settings” (added in v.0.4.5)

Arthea

No not bundle but maybe like Kentucky Route Zero.

Higurashi is ~100 hours long, so ya no, not free, Japanese version is ~$100, if I remember correctly. Steam version probably will be cheaper... or not, we will see.

edited: actually bundling the first chapter would make sense if second was about to be released, but that's not the case, or is it?

Oh Lord yes, please. Get rid of this.

you can disable it, you know that, don't you?
from your profile, privacy settings.

Higurashi is ~100 hours long, so ya no, not free, Japanese version is ~$100, if I remember correctly. Steam version probably will be cheaper... or not, we will see.

edited: actually bundling the first chapter would make sense if second was about to be released, but that's not the case, or is it?
100$. Wow.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Go Go Nippon -- MB-5BC09C1967B1AA7C - Taken by Belgarion

The musical and the ending(s) are the best part of it. I would have felt cheated if I had bought it for more than the 5 bucks it was during the GameStop price mistake.

Yeah, and the side missions are OK. As someone who also paid $5 thanks to gamestop, I wouldve been pretty upset if I had paid full price for something this half baked.

But at $5, meh, it's enjoyable even if it's just busywork

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Started playing Dark Matter (no, not Dark Matter, Dark Matter. Not sure this cleared anything up. Not this Dark Matter, this Dark Matter. Hmm. Not the space Dark Matter, the... space Dark Matter. Fine, the Metroidvania Dark Matter, not the shmup Dark Matter).

It's not very good. Very rough animations, managed to trigger three bugs that required an exit / load, same-y environments, clunky controls, so far more like an amateur project than something saleable. It's definitely not as good as, say, Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot, the 40-odd metacritic rated XBLA/PSN exclusive in basically the same genre. I'll probably still finish it off, but I can't say I recommend it.

Thanks for this! I wishlisted the other Dark Matter. The only dark matter that matter
s

Any Steam news I missed?

Been basking in the glory of the Wii U via The Wonderful 101 and Mother 1.

A modern classic and a classic! Nice work, Ozzie, I expect Saur level of W101 skills within the week.

nice, played raiden 4 in my xbox a couple of years ago , will probably buy it again

indieGala Monday Bundle 1,99$

eden*
:tradingcard:

Higurashi When They Cry Ch.1 Onikakushi

Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~

X-note

Blue Rose

Super Chain Crusher Horizon
The Clans Saga of the Twins Deluxe Edition

Project Root

anime bundle? ok i will buy it now........

PajQOQ2.png

well maybe later i guess :v

Shantom

The lowest discount Higurashi has ever had on Steam is 10%. Being bundled at this point is just crazy. Bundling Eden* with it, which at its very cheapest cost four times as much as that bundle, is even crazier. Mangagamer are pretty weird. Here's a spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Higurashi When They Cry Hou Ch.1 Onikakushi -- MB-D89A44876FDDEE27 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 5 entrants total.

t1435585942z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The latest Witcher 3 DLC is using FoD subs again. I think I'll just wait until all of the free DLC has been released before contacting CDPR.

r3n4ud

AU7Amsc.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Blue Rose -- MB-00C0FF02C04C01AC - Taken by MaxiLive
X-Note -- MB-EAA4CCF47C5C1AF8 - Taken by fspm
Schein -- MB-38C4EE43438B9DEF - Taken by Tesseract

JaseC

What is FoD?

Free on Demand. It's what free content uses by default these days and strictly speaking the subs don't confer ownership (i.e. no +1s). No Cost ones do, however, and it's this type that the rest of TW3's free DLC released thus far uses, although I had to ask CDPR to "fix" the last batch, which it was nice enough to do.

Free on Demand. It's what free content uses by default these days and strictly speaking the subs don't confer ownership (i.e. no +1s). No Cost ones do, however, and it's this type that the rest of TW3's free DLC released thus far uses, although I had to ask CDPR to "fix" the last batch, which it was nice enough to do.
Interesting. There are two sub types for free DLC. Free on Demand and No Cost. One doesn't give +1, the other does. Wonder why two different subs even exist.

I like that we live in a world that every misstep by a major publisher or developer is met with other pubs/devs taking advantage of the free publicity.

the Warframe and Dying Light folks went in deep on bungie with their latest destiny fiasco and this latest thing with PC devs now digging in on AK PC is interesting. Some smart folks seeing someone's slip up as their chance to shine.

Neat, definitively buying that later today. Higurashi and Eden are both killer deal.
Good thing I didn't pick up Eden on the Summer Sale.
Yeah, I had Eden on my WL for a while but removed it since it was a bit too steep. I got my bundle budget burned already though. Enough in backlog until it hits another bundle, haha.

I like that we live in a world that every misstep by a major publisher or developer is met with other pubs/devs taking advantage of the free publicity.

the Warframe and Dying Light folks went in deep on bungie with their latest destiny fiasco and this latest thing with PC devs now digging in on AK PC is interesting. Some smart folks seeing someone's slip up as their chance to shine.

It's just good business.

It+s+just+good+business+_e4e6b108422349a2314c42bd94a9c3c4.gif

Arthea

The lowest discount Higurashi has ever had on Steam is 10%. Being bundled at this point is just crazy. Bundling Eden* with it, which at its very cheapest cost four times as much as that bundle, is even crazier. Mangagamer are pretty weird. Here's a spare:
I know!
Mangagamer is especially stingy with their steam discounts all the time, and now they suddenly go all bundle? That's so weird. Next we will be getting Cho Dengeki Stryker and Princess Evangile in the bundle without those ever being sub 30€ on steam. Well, Dengeki had a discount at summer sale, but it still was 16€.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
So, I finished Witcher 2 yesterday and now I want to uninstall it (it's on my SSD and I need the space). Can Witcher 3 access the savegames in the Steam Cloud or should I move the savgames to the User/Documents/etc folder?

derExperte

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Coffin Dodgers -- MB-F598469D8CA21C53 - Taken by rainking187

x

I have a Assassin's Creed Unity PC (non-steam) voucher / code for anyone who wants it. First person to quote this with a response gets it.

Nobody got time for a modbot giveaway.

yo? yo!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
thats pretty dumb, I'd never do that. Don't get me wrong, its nice that they are but in no universe would I do this.

It's a subset of a subset of people that could take advantage of the offer.

I bet Feep has given away more games on Neogaf than these guys will have to end up giving away.

Lain

I know!
Mangagamer is especially stingy with their steam discounts all the time, and now they suddenly go all bundle? That's so weird. Next we will be getting Cho Dengeki Stryker and Princess Evangile in the bundle without those ever being sub 30€ on steam. Well, Dengeki had a discount at summer sale, but it still was 16€.

I'm guessing their reasoning for this must have been influenced by things like Higurashi ch1 (possibly) not selling too well, and putting it into a bundle is a gamble for increasing the userbase for the next chapters, while eden bundle sales could push them past the 100k to get that translation going for that other minori VN.

madjoki

Interesting. There are two sub types for free DLC. Free on Demand and No Cost. One doesn't give +1, the other does. Wonder why two different subs even exist.

There's other differences too:

FoD doesn't give cards
NoCost gives cards

FoD can be manually removed from account page
NoCost can't

NoCost shows in library
FoD doesn't (unless installed).

FoD is basically replacement for "Sub 0 / Steam" stuff, that devs can edit themselves without contacting steam.

Annubis

I know!

Well, I can understand the Go Go Japan one since they will be making a 2.0 version of it that, if I remember right, will be paid DLC.
Same thing with Higurashi I'm guessing you'll have to pay for the other episodes.

I guess they are giving people a taste to get them addicted.

Still, X-note, Blue Rose and Eden* are already way enough to excuse this =)

So, I finished Witcher 2 yesterday and now I want to uninstall it (it's on my SSD and I need the space). Can Witcher 3 access the savegames in the Steam Cloud or should I move the savgames to the User/Documents/etc folder?

It almost certainly won't be able to pull your saves from the cloud. Back your saves up for sure. Alternatively, if you're planning to play Witcher 3 immediately, just install that and import the saves first before you uninstall Witcher 2?

Annubis

It almost certainly won't be able to pull your saves from the cloud. Back your saves up for sure. Alternatively, if you're planning to play Witcher 3 immediately, just install that and import the saves first before you uninstall Witcher 2?

Is it true that you can just use discussions in-game instead of a save game file?
Because I'd probably just do that.

derExperte

Many thanks to xBladeM6x, very nice!

^^
Expert disqualified by editing it in later >_>

I refreshed after my edit to make sure because I ain't no cheater. But I've had some problems with the Ubisoft store, if I can't redeem the key you'll get it (must be redeemed in the next few hours).

JaseC

There's other differences too:

FoD doesn't give cards
NoCost gives cards

FoD can be manually removed from account page
NoCost can't

NoCost shows in library
FoD doesn't (unless installed).

Yeah, that's what I was getting at with "confers ownership" -- No Cost is essentially the same as buying the game. FoD games do drop cards if sufficient paid DLC exists, though*, and they also remain tethered to your library even when uninstalled if you own DLC.

* Yes, the FAQ still states otherwise, but it's in need of an update. I have 20 spare drops for Nosgoth, for example, and I've never spent a single cent in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom