• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saty

Twin Galaxies tweets about this post floating the possibility of Kickstarting a revival of Blood, the Build-engine first-person shooter released by Monolith in 1997 (thanks Janic). Monolith Founder Jace Hall, who has been working with Twin Galaxies for a while now, is polling interest in such a project. The first hurdle standing in the way of such a revival would be untangling the rights to the IP, and Jace outlines where they stand before mysteriously saying they are still somewhat of a puzzle.
http://www.twingalaxies.com/content.php/4192-Blood-Should-It-Live-Again

Hektor

They never even bothered to release it on PSN.
Maybe they will do a cheap remastered before Nier 2 will be released, who knows.

They put Nier Replicant on Japanese PSNow just recently. So, it seems they're at least thinking about such things.

impact

Banned
Just need Square to announce Nier 2 PC and we are golden, we all know FFXII is coming.

Have you played Nier?

I love Platinum, but I really doubt they could turn that series around. The first game had good music and uhhhhh............

I'd rather Square ported something like Bravely Default over. Hopefully it's not stuck to poopy Nintendo hardware forever.

Salsa

youtube most watched trailers of the year is literally GEARS OF WAR CALL OF DUTY BATTLEFIELD POKEMON BLIZZARD GAME

what year is it

Salsa

at least E3 is saved

v1xKoNE.jpg

ligf0Nz.jpg

CkR-SJtW0AEZRvH.jpg

Only On The Windows 10 Store™

Hektor

Have you played Nier?

I love Platinum, but I really doubt they could turn that series around. The first game had good music and uhhhhh............

I'd rather Square ported something like Bravely Default over. Hopefully it's not stuck to poopy Nintendo hardware forever.

I literally can't even.

The first game had the best music, amazing characters and well written dialogue, awesome genre blending ideas, a great story as well as amazing meta critic towards the jrpg genre as a whole.

Gameworld, some of the sidequests and the combat were lackluster, but nothing a sequel can't fix.

And well, it's not like Automata will be anything like the first Nier, save for some conceptual similarities.

But maybe i'm just biased cos Nier is my favorite game of all time. :>

Salsa

idk how I feel about a reboot, which it supposedly is

I like fat Frank a lot, and I like the series to keep going, as minimal as 3's involvement in it was

I like these characters. we dont even know if any of this is real but rebooting the franchise and making Frank West a regular hero type is.. lame

mp1990

Banned
Have you played Nier?

Of all SE games "stuck" on the DS/3DS, Bravely Default is the last one I'd like to see receiving a port. It's such an uninspired mess, and for a "revival of oldschool JRPGs", playing through it was a huge disappointment.

MUnited83

For you.
Have you played Nier?

I feel like this post should be held up to a mirror because everything is facing the wrong direction.

Jawmuncher

I doubt DR4 is a reboot considering it has 4 in the title. If anything the protagonist probably has some sort of connection to Frank West. Going back to the mall doesn't mean reboot. There's only so much you can do with setting, and the series has hit about every one of them. Having the twin seperate from the mall is more than enough of a change up.

impact

Banned
Of all SE games "stuck" on the DS/3DS, Bravely Default is the last one I'd like to see receiving a port. It's such an uninspired mess, and for a "revival of oldschool JRPGs", playing through it was a huge disappointment.

Well I mean my first choice is Theatrhythm but I've already accepted it's not coming to PC. It makes too much sense for Square to port.

I feel like this post should be held up to a mirror because everything is facing the wrong direction.

yea I know Nier is super overrated on this site and everyone loves it, but I just can't play a game because it has a good story. A game needs to have good gameplay. It's a game after all.

sanhora

Reset still looks pretty ridiculous

As Reset development heads into the home stretch (September/October target for release) and Alpo continues working on gameplay and content, I’ve been adding missing features, fixing bugs and optimizing. One of the major remaining things was to complete the atmosphere technology. We’ve felt from the start that the world outside the gameplay area is also important for immersion. We want the player to feel like they’re on a planet and not just on an island.

I also just realized that it's been over 4 years since the first trailer. No idea what to expect from the game but I'm still looking forward to it.

Salsa

Radiant Historia has one annoying-ass amount of random battles

even Dragon Quest realized that shit's in the past

kagamin

yea I know Nier is super overrated on this site and everyone loves it, but I just can't play a game because it has a good story. A game needs to have good gameplay. It's a game after all.

You shouldn't try out VNs, most of the time they don't even have "gameplay". :p

Salsa

I dont much get the VN "no gameplay" argument

but again when I talk about VN I always refer to Ace Attorney aka the best game series ever

and I think that's more involved than most of what's out there

yes it's all basically touching stuff, and there's a set outcome

but you do have to think about where to present certain evidence, what statements contradict each other, and paying attention and getting it right the first time amounts to a sense of accomplishment that makes you feel involved

that's gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom