• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When's RUINER coming out?

No release date has been announced, but it's currently set as July 6th/7th as per the game's position on the Coming Soon list. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, though, as the date can be updated at will and Steam doesn't unlock games automatically (e.g. Death's Gambit is now listed as a new release as the release date wasn't updated and Steam thinks someone just forgot to flip the switch).

No release date has been announced, but it's currently set as July 6th/7th as per the game's position on the Coming Soon list. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, though, as the date can be updated at will and Steam doesn't unlock games automatically (e.g. Death's Gambit is now listed as a new release as the release date wasn't updated and Steam thinks someone just forgot to flip the switch).
Damn. Well, thanks—I'll keep my fingers crossed

zkylon

zkylewd
Jim Sterling apparently liked it.

I'm all for mocking E3, but I personally thought it had about 5-10 minutes worth of jokes stretched way too far.

Some people in the thread for it thought it was infallible. I was enjoying the first half, but the rest sucked. I just didn't find it very clever by the end.

I quite enjoyed the Devolver conference, though I thought the end wasn't as clever.

Same. I thought the end was lame, but I enjoyed them making fun of the corporate talk. Would have liked to be shown a few more games, instead of doubling down on the "its funny cause its loud" aspect of it.

thanks for the hot takes

i personally kind of hated it? like i don't think the cure for the corporate marketing machine is extreme cynical grotesque shit but u know, i generally don't react well to like violence and shit

Darkest Dungeon for $10, yes, no?

very much so, darkest dungeon is really good

Pachimari

I feel like I've taken on my targets the wrong way so far. I need to come up with better ways of taking them out. Cause so far, I've just gone head on and either stabbed them with my sword or counter attacked all of their guards and the target himself. I haven't really done a death from above besides the accident with my first target. So I'll plan it differently when I start up Assassin's Creed later today.

wow

that final boss of The Evil Within was terrible. what the hell

game should have ended after like chapter 9.
The last chapter is pretty awful and the boss completely absurd but as one of the five people who really enjoyed the Third Birthday I liked the presumably unintentional resemblance.

Really fun looking dual stick shooter re-imagining of Serious Sam is out in 8 hours.
Bogus Detour

Every time I try to buy something I'm reminded of how annoying steam guard here. I shouldn't have to use my phone every fucking time.

Teggy

I haven't finished anything newer than AC3, but of those:

Worth playing: AC2, Brotherhood

Interesting as a bit of video game history/influence, but too repetitive to be recommended: AC

There are so many non-AC games you should spend your time on instead: Revelations, AC3

I do own all the others and have played bits of Liberation, AC4 and Syndicate, but I won't pass judgement until I revisit them in full (except for Liberation, which I have put a good amount of time in on Vita, and that low FPS is a miserable experience. I don't think I care enough to buy the HD version on PC).

Pachimari

I really think Jerusalem looks really beautiful and is an interesting place. Is it not possible to give coins to the poor who are begging for money though? Also, I am not digging that green piss filter in Assassin's Creed 1.

Mivey

I really think Jerusalem looks really beautiful and is an interesting place. Is it not possible to give coins to the poor who are begging for money though? Also, I am not digging that green piss filter in Assassin's Creed 1.
I think that was Ass Creed 2, where you have an "attack" that threw money around. Made you lose actual currency as well.

Deques

Friendly notice to all who are planning to buy games on the upcoming Summer sale. Do it on the last day or at least earliest on Saturday. Humble Monthly is around the corner and if a game that you purchased appears on the Humble Monthly then you have a chance to refund the game.

And also buy games separately in case you are going to refund. Buying several games in one purchase will make that you have to refund the entire purchase

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Friendly notice to all who are planning to buy games on the upcoming Summer sale. Do it on the last day or at least earliest on Saturday. Humble Monthly is around the corner and if a game that you purchased appears on the Humble Monthly then you have a chance to refund the game.

And also buy games separately in case you are going to refund. Buying several games in one purchase will make that you have to refund the entire purchase

Also, it's a good idea to, on the day before the sale, bookmark any items of interest with a discount that won't expire until after the sale begins. There's a good chance the sale discount will stack atop the pre-existing one.

Deques

Also, it's a good idea to, on the day before the sale, bookmark any items of interest with a discount that won't expire until after the sale begins. There's a good chance the sale discount will stack atop the pre-existing one.

Bookmarking is also good for directly browsing to the game of interesting, since Steam server is always slow and sometimes unreachable at the beginning of the sale start

shockdude

oh that's clever. Will keep this in mind.

Valxal

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Valxal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

fault milestone one -- MB-DF372DB8752674B5 - Taken by Madn. 9 entrants total.

t1497950552z1.png

Arminsc

I don´t think that´s true. I remember refunding a single game from a purchase of multiple.

Pachimari

I think that was Ass Creed 2, where you have an "attack" that threw money around. Made you lose actual currency as well.

Yeah, you can use it to distract lesser guards or attract a group of people.
I see. So the whole currency feature was introduced in the sequel, nice.

You may need to seek medical help.
Lol.

I feel like a badass fighting these guards and templars, but it frustrates me how I can't see to take out my targets silently and with a death from above. I fail at it every time. I don't get it. When I am just above my target, how do I do the death from above with my hidden blade? I seem to be able to do it multiple times with random goons on the rooftops but not my targets.

Also, I have eliminated 4 out of my 9 targets on the list.

derFeef

I can't figure out if I should set my color range to limited or full. For one game it looks fine, other games get crushed to hell. Do I miss any setting or something? I have a Asus PB278Q and games like TEW have totally crushed blacks and I need to raise the brightness pretty high - and even then... but if I switch to limited the game looks washed out.

Monooboe

I can't figure out if I should set my color range to limited or full. For one game it looks fine, other games get crushed to hell. Do I miss any setting or something? I have a Asus PB278Q and games like TEW have totally crushed blacks and I need to raise the brightness pretty high - and even then... but if I switch to limited the game looks washed out.

Is that even an issue on PC? But since that's a IPS screen so FULL for sure. On Xbox FULL is bugged the way you say that it's crushed in some games but works in some, I leave mine on FULL.

Pachimari

Oh damn nice. I just checked out how long Assassin's Creed II is and it's only 19 hours. Just a little bit longer than the first one. I feel like I can at least get through these two. I really like the structure of this first one. How I am to meet up at the Brotherhood, gets information about places I can check out, then go either pick pocket , investigate or other means. And that you can get assistance by the locals by helping them from getting beat up by templars and other stuff. Unfortunately there isn't much variety so while the idea was great it seriously lacks in variety.

I've also scanned all towers in Jerusalem. Next up is Damascus and Acre. The cities are still incredible to roam around in today. They really have that middle eastern feel. One thing that bothers me though is how low some NPC voices can be and how they always repeat how shocked they are at seeing you climb buildings. They should have dialed that back. I assume the civilization would have been used to seeing Assassin's run around.

I'm also curious about what their greater goal is. I remember from my last playthrough (although not complete) something about an Apple of Eden and how it makes life better for everyone and how they in modern time need Desmonds to be trained up as an assassin so they can get their hands on it. I also feel like master Al Muslim is a templar and will betray me by the end but I don't know if that is the case.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Also, I have eliminated 4 out of my 9 targets on the list.

Dude, you're fast!
I did the mission from that screenshot yesterday. Felt a bit bad for stabbing the man.

The assassination from that Memory Block in Acre went a bit different then expected. Killed all the guards on the walls and most of the roof dwellers, waited for the man to be alone, snuck up behind him and was all ready to bring him eternal rest without raising any alarms.

If only I had selected the hidden blade as a weapon and not the short sword. x(

Pachimari

Dude, you're fast!
I did the mission from that screenshot yesterday. Felt a bit bad for stabbing the man.

The assassination from that Memory Block in Acre went a bit different then expected. Killed all the guards on the walls and most of the roof dwellers, waited for the man to be alone, snuck up behind him and was all ready to bring him eternal rest without raising any alarms.

If only I had selected the hidden blade as a weapon and not the short sword. x(
Man I can't take out my targets with the hidden blade. Don't I need to hold in 2 buttons and then hit attack to do the one-kill move?

I'm going to Damascus next and then Acre.

derFeef

Is that even an issue on PC? But since that's a IPS screen so FULL for sure. On Xbox FULL is bugged the way you say that it's crushed in some games but works in some, I leave mine on FULL.

It shouldn't be, that's why I am confused. Also I read that I should not have to set brightness ingame to adjust black values.

oni-link

Anyone here using a NES30 Pro controller from 8bitdo?

I'm considering getting one but I'm generally pretty bad with getting PC stuff to work

Are these controllers easy to set up with Steam games, or does it generally depend on the game?

I don't really want to risk it if I'm going to have to struggle to get it to work with each and every game

Also, does it work well with emulators?

Monooboe

It shouldn't be, that's why I am confused. Also I read that I should not have to set brightness ingame to adjust black values.

Hmh that does sound strange, sure blacklevels can differ from game to game but not in the way you describe. Can it be something like dynamic contrast?

derFeef

Hmh that does sound strange, sure blacklevels can differ from game to game but not in the way you describe. Can it be something like dynamic contrast?

Not really, I also have set up my values pretty well. But if you look at this screenshot I took yesterday for example, it's really bad (with limited I get more details in hair and clothing) and that's with ingame brightness cranked up pretty high. It does capture my range I guess - at least it looks crushed as well on my work monitors now.

Monooboe

Not really, I also have set up my values pretty well. But if you look at this screenshot I took yesterday for example, it's really bad (with limited I get more details in hair and clothing) and that's with ingame brightness cranked up pretty high. It does capture my range I guess - at least it looks crushed as well on my work monitors now.

At least it isn't an issue with the screen itself since it can be seen on a screenshot. So driver or software related. Those values that you've set up, can some of those conflict with any other settings?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It's not that I didn't like it, just that I prefer the others overall. But, yeah, I did talk about it quite a bit as Uplay ate my save ~96 hours in.

Oh man. I was pissed when I lost my The Last of Us save (twice...) but this is controller breaking territory. :(

Man I can't take out my targets with the hidden blade. Don't I need to hold in 2 buttons and then hit attack to do the one-kill move?

I'm going to Damascus next and then Acre.
Sneak up on someone, maybe lock-on, stand really close and you'll be able to create a hole in the neck of your target for the bullshit to come out of.

Or just, you know, do a hidden blade attack while running up to someone. Looks a bit intimate, though.

Hektor

Anyone here using a NES30 Pro controller from 8bitdo?

I'm considering getting one but I'm generally pretty bad with getting PC stuff to work

Are these controllers easy to set up with Steam games, or does it generally depend on the game?

I don't really want to risk it if I'm going to have to struggle to get it to work with each and every game

Also, does it work well with emulators?

According to Google that pad supports xinput so it should work fine with everything.

However according to this review it only supports xinput if plugged in via USB cable and not wirelessly http://hometheatrelife.com/8bitdo-nes30-pro-review/

So if you want to use it wirelessly you might have to hope the game supports other input methods or put some effort into using keyboard to gamepad emulation (apparently the pad comes with its own software for that)

Do I need to buy Nex Machina before it launches to get the full 30% discount and not just the 10% for owning Outland?

Assassin's Creed III is the only game in the series I did all of the side content for. I really liked that mess of a game lol. Combat felt so brutal and the setting incredibly unique in gaming. Of course the plot is a mess and the modern day elements laughably rushed.

derFeef

At least it isn't an issue with the screen itself since it can be seen on a screenshot. So driver or software related. Those values that you've set up, can some of those conflict with any other settings?

I don't think so. I will try defaulting everything, switching to HDMI and/or switch output color modes, maybe that will get me closer to a solution. Thanks for the help so far by the way :)

Pachimari

Sneak up on someone, maybe lock-on, stand really close and you'll be able to create a hole in the neck of your target for the bullshit to come out of.

Or just, you know, do a hidden blade attack while running up to someone. Looks a bit intimate, though.
But can't you like stand above your target and jump down on him to take him out from above instantly?

Arthea

Are we talking about Devolver conference? It was glorious, total nuts but glorious.
very early access was spot on too

and as a bonus Ruiner looked great

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought I remembered Dark Souls 3 being more generous with bonfires, but between this tower wall bonfire in Lothric (the second you get, quite close to the first one really) and the fucking boss, theres nothing, and you have to traverse all those fucking hard as knights and the fat knight and shit.

Son of a bitch, fuck these games :3

I think I got all the items tho, and I got the dude in the jail cell, as far as I can remember thats all there is there.

I also got the Broadsword and im pretty sure it was worth putting 1 point into Dex to use it even if you are going full STR, because it lasts quite a while, am I correct?

edit: nope, it has less damage than my starting axe. Son of a bitch, welp thats a wasted level >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom