• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Which version of Beyond Good and Evil is the best one to play? I have plans of doing a playthrough after I've finished Wolfenstein. Do I need to install any mods or change some files to get it to work properly on Windows 10? I've heard the game doesn't run well on newer systems.

Jawmuncher

If you have an Xbox one, the 360 version emulated is probably the best way to play nowadays if you don't wanna fanaggle with the pc version

Tizoc

Which version of Beyond Good and Evil is the best one to play? I have plans of doing a playthrough after I've finished Wolfenstein. Do I need to install any mods or change some files to get it to work properly on Windows 10? I've heard the game doesn't run well on newer systems.

PSN or XBL version.

jediyoshi

Best period is BGE HD on PS3/360. If you're only on PC, emulating the GameCube version on Dolphin. Needing to tinker with the actual PC version to get it to run on newer Windows aside, there's no controller support whatsoever, so even if you do map your gamepad to it, stuff like movement will be 8-way/non-analog. Both GC/PC versions are only 4:3 but the generic widescreen hack in Dolphin works better than the widescreen mods for the PC ver.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
What exactly is so bad about the pc version of BG&E on Uplay?
It's a bit of a pain to get running and the PC version features a often occuring, nasty game-breaking bug near the end of the game.

Plus what jediyoshi said above me. No official controller support or widescreen support.

yuraya

It's a bit of a pain to get running and the PC version features a often occuring, nasty game-breaking bug near the end of the game.

Plus what jediyoshi said above me. No official controller support or widescreen support.

That sucks. They gave it away for free recently and I thought about playing through it since I barely remember anything about it. I guess I'll hold off until they patch it. If they patch it.

C4rter

Currently replaying "X-Men Origins Wolverine". Still incredible how amazing this game is. Well it's by Raven so I guess it's not THAT surprising but it's a game for a movie so it's at least somewhat of an oddball. So sad that it's never made it's way to Steam.

Tizoc

Currently replaying "X-Men Origins Wolverine". Still incredible how amazing this game is. Well it's by Raven so I guess it's not THAT surprising but it's a game for a movie so it's at least somewhat of an oddball. So sad that it's never made it's way to Steam.

Movie tie-in games can be good.
But yeah Wolverine's a decent action game and it's fun ripping people to shreds as Wolvie.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Talking about good movie-games, i'm still salty about Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. It's been taken off PSN and XBLA so one of last gen's best and most criminally overlooked games is now lost to the world.

Fuck you Ubisoft.

Please re-release the game on Steam.

(stupid legal licensing deals)

Pachimari

If you have an Xbox one, the 360 version emulated is probably the best way to play nowadays if you don't wanna fanaggle with the pc version

PSN or XBL version.

Best period is BGE HD on PS3/360. If you're only on PC, emulating the GameCube version on Dolphin. Needing to tinker with the actual PC version to get it to run on newer Windows aside, there's no controller support whatsoever, so even if you do map your gamepad to it, stuff like movement will be 8-way/non-analog. Both GC/PC versions are only 4:3 but the generic widescreen hack in Dolphin works better than the widescreen mods for the PC ver.

That sucks. They gave it away for free recently and I thought about playing through it since I barely remember anything about it. I guess I'll hold off until they patch it. If they patch it.

Holy shit, this sounds so incredibly bad it's not even worth it starting up the PC version. Unfortunately, I don't have a Xbox 360 or Xbox One, and I do not own the Gamecube version. But Beyond Good and Evil HD is available on PS3? Because I am currently borrowing that one.

Powerpuff

Talking about good movie-games, i'm still salty about Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. It's been taken off PSN and XBLA so one of last gen's best and most criminally overlooked games is now lost to the world.

Fuck you Ubisoft.

Please re-release the game on Steam.

(stupid legal licensing deals)

Bryan Lee O'Malley (Scott Pilgrim comics's creator) agrees with you. He expressed his wish to see the game rereleased near a year ago.
https://twitter.com/radiomaru/status/763496255024574464

Anteater

BG&E is playable on pc, just need some tinkering, it's alright if you have no other options, not to mention Steam has controller remapping now so it'll at least make it easier

Tonton

From the Zwei II thread:
That was for Kenichiro Takaki, I've got some news on Zwei though (such as confirmation that Durante is on it + Cold Steel), and I've got NISA/Aksys appointments tomorrow.

Looks like Durante really is on Cold Steel PC, should be a good one :D

Nabs

The Uplay version of BG&E added controller support, it's also DRM free once you download it. I'm on Nvidia and had flickering problems until I forced Vsync in the Nvidia control panel.

Tizoc

The Uplay version of BG&E added controller support, it's also DRM free once you download it. I'm on Nvidia and had flickering problems until I forced Vsync in the Nvidia control panel.

Say what. Guess I'll try that ver.
Thanks for the heads up.

maty

Chrome uses all your RAM, all your RAM belongs to chrome.

uninstalling chrome would be wise, so you won't forget that it can't run in background if you wanna play games at regular basis.

Chrome has been my default browser for years, so I would prefer not to uninstall it. I mean, last year I had no crashes in Wolfenstein at all, and I had Chrome installed.

Anyway, closing chrome down actually made the game crash earlier. Validating the files made it possible to jump into the water, but then it would crash once in the water again.

This is very strange.

[edit] Just tried restarting the computer without starting up Chrome and it still crashes. I guess my last try would be to reinstall the game, but I can't find my save file...

A little late but I found some chrome extensions that help a little to save some RAM.

The Great Suspender and OneTAB.

The first suspends the tab you are not looking at after some time and the second one puts everything in one tab, then you can select and open each tab whenever you want to check them.

Maxwood

When did that happen?
Then maybe that keycard bug is finally fixed as well.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I adore BG&E, would love to play it on PC again someday.

I see Hidden Folks was updated. Really want to pick it up but trying to hold out for the android version. It just looks like it would be nice to play with a touchscreen.

Maxwood

Bryan Lee O'Malley (Scott Pilgrim comics's creator) agrees with you. He expressed his wish to see the game rereleased near a year ago.
https://twitter.com/radiomaru/status/763496255024574464

Oh man. I would be so happy if Limited Run could resurrect the game with a physical release. Dreams coming true.

The time stamps on those tweets are becoming a bit worrying, though.

Best of luck to them. Universal will undoubtedly be a bitch about it.

Mivey

With proper UI for a controller as well?

Arulan

Chrome uses all your RAM, all your RAM belongs to chrome.

32GB of RAM. Let it try.

GsJSEuc.gif

Parsnip

From the Zwei II thread:

Looks like Durante really is on Cold Steel PC, should be a good one :D

I guess they did learn their lesson on Little King's Story's original port and had a good experience with him on the fixes.

Oh, that's dope. I've been meaning to replay it.

It's Free to Play, but you really don't get much without paying. It's not early access, the game has been out a while on mobile/tablets. I played through it all single player on my phone where the only multiplayer available was pass and play. There had been talks of them adding multiplayer, but it's not really a game that lends itself to asynchronous multiplayer very well.

I played the actual card game it's based off before playing Pathfinder Adventures and while I love the card game I wasn't a big fan of the digital version. It's much better playing it coop with other people and I ran into way too many bugs including one that happened a few times that made it impossible to progress forcing me to start the scenario over.

EDIT: From the store page it looks like it has asynchronous multiplayer since it uses Steam turn notifications. It can work, but playing cards on other peoples turns is a really important part of the game so I'm curious what sort of setup they have for it.
Since you've played the boardgame(and I've heard different opinions about it) do you think the app can be a good "demo" of the physical counterpart?

Monooboe

Cards on steam is such an interesting thing. Baldurs Gate games dropped cards and the prices just dived to the bottom. From me selling a card for 0.30 euro one minute and 0.5 the next haha, who buys new cards that expensive, why not just wait an hour and buy them for 0.3.o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom