• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Destiny 2 is going to be huge on PC I feel.

It will also completely break Battle.net judging how fucking WoW patches still do that >_>

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Would be nice if they didn't try to swindle South Americans into paying double for it though.

is that a Blizzard thing or a Activision thing?

Like, is Reaper of Souls or Overwatch or whatever also double there?

Nzyme32

Interesting chat on YouTube E3 at the moment with Niell Blomkamp about Steam and Oats Studios as well as gaming influences.

aye. Normal price here in EU land (59.99€ normal version, 89.99€ season pass version, and 99.99€ digital deluxe)

Yup, only they are asking for 1800 Argentine Pesos for the base version (US$ 115 at the current exchange rate)

Lmao R$199,00 and being that price all the little interest I had because my work mate is a huge Destiny fan and couldn't stop talking about it is gone. They are converting the full US$ price to BRL but not as bad as in Argentina.

Anno

Microsoft is all the way up to $1500 for the price of a comparable PC. Is was only a thousand a couple days ago!

xezuru

I was interested in the game for more responsive game play but this excerpt kinda worries me more then helps. Obviously we don't know how it reflects the released version but the phenomenally uninteresting empty level design is kinda sad, wish they showed more then one enemy because recent action games have had a very one note enemy variety, combat seems solid enough with the base mechanics they've shown, just wish this game, anthem, and destiny 2 would just show off a full boss fight so we could see the nitty gritty..

Arulan

Destiny 2 is going to be huge on PC I feel.

It will also completely break Battle.net judging how fucking WoW patches still do that >_>

I'm not so sure. I'm sure the hype and perhaps battle.net advertising will help at first, but from my perspective it looks very much like a shallow console-shooter with production values.

Annubis

So.... 1.4 GB patch for Pillars of Eternity for 2 minor UI change and 1 items stat fix...

Something's going on

EDIT: or not

Apologies about the large download. The way Unity handles any changes to code (no matter how small) is that it rebuilds a large chunk of the game and repackages it all together. The patch doesn't change the size of the game on your harddrive, but it is a big download.

Grief.exe

Just watched the Assassin's Creed Origins trailer.

The setting is really interesting and fresh, I had a similar reaction to the Far Cry 5 setting, but some of the gameplay looked rough including clipping, animations, and the arrow ability at the end of the trailer.

Rhaknar

I'm not so sure. I'm sure the hype and perhaps battle.net advertising will help at first, but from my perspective it looks very much like a shallow console-shooter with production values.

a "shallow console-shooter" what does this even mean?

like compared to what? What is this amazingly complex PC first person shooter you are comparing it to?

Tired of these "I'm in the Steam thread so let make sure I do some random ass console shitting drive by post to look cool" posts.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like other developers think dark souls is like stamina, animation priority and losing your souls and to me it's much more than that?

like for me it's a lot of things that these games are probably never gonna even try to emulate, like
- how it encourages experimentation through a very irrestrictive stat system and tons of unique weapons combinations
- how it's almost exclusively about intrinsic rewards and the feeling of satisfaction you get just for completing a challenge, not for the chest full of slightly better purple gear you're gonna get as a prize
- how it allows for a ton of player expression not only because it lets you play it however you want, but also because it lets you break it in amazing ways, and because it lends itself for really awesome community stuff, like people dressing up as anor londo knights in dark souls 1
- how it's sometimes just funny and quirky and always has so much personality
- how detailed the settings, and lore and themes are, usually in really subtle ways that really lets your imagination wander
- how it's sometimes purposely obtuse so you're asked to theorize and test how different systems and interactions work

and probably more i'm missing

most if not all those things were really nowhere to be seen back when dark souls came out and i feel they're still hard to come by? like i played lords of the fallen and it had stamina and dying really sucked and all that, but that game had zero of the charm that for me is so key to making dark souls dark souls. it's very early to say but to me more dark souls is not always good, because these games are not really dark souls, they're just superficially similar in ways that really feel like they missed the point to me.

i really hope from carries those things too to their next game, not just make like dark souls in a new setting or whatever

AssCreed: Black Flag runs absolutely terrible on a 1070. What gives!?
that's really weird

also where you been

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
AssCreed: Black Flag runs absolutely terrible on a 1070. What gives!?

I think there was something of a consensus that getting the AssCreed games of that era to run above 30FPS well was not easy.

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_IV_Black_Flag

Looking at this, I'd say try disabling Shadowplay and/or the PhysX stuff.

I want to say the high settings for ambient occlusion and shadows were super demanding/future proofed too.

zkylon

zkylewd
Px90tnh.png

hmmm counterstrike has changed a lot?

also there really is a $30 call of duty for preorder ??

gy4WUOP.png

zombies really ruined this genre lol

Rhaknar

reminder that the most random of releases happens today with a Two Worlds II expansion / stand alone DLC

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-B626CB8F5A1D4832 - Taken by Camel Master

Milamber

that's really weird

also where you been
Moving around until I finally settled on a good place near my office with barely acceptable internet.

I think there was something of a consensus that getting the AssCreed games of that era to run above 30FPS well was not easy.

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_IV_Black_Flag

Looking at this, I'd say try disabling Shadowplay and/or the PhysX stuff.

I want to say the high settings for ambient occlusion and shadows were super demanding/future proofed too.
Yeah it's terrible, Syndicate runs better maxed than Black Flag did.

I'd suggest putting PhysX to Low, Godrays to Off, no Vsync, and shadows to non-PCSS.
just disable in-game vsync, then force triple buffering with rivatuner. All your issues will be solved.

Oh man, I have to turn down stuff to get acceptable framerates. I will try these, thanks.

Rhaknar

Does anyone know if this Pathfinder Adventure game coming out today is:

- F2P
- Early Access
- Sungle player

The Genesis Classics games' grid tile updated to something more, ahh... classy, I guess. The new style tells me what it is faster than the old one did for sure.

Milamber

I don't know what game to download to really push my new card. Apparently Black Flag was a terrible choice. Witcher 3 with HairWorX on is also terrible.

Would Ryse be a good one?

I don't know what game to download to really push my new card. Apparently Black Flag was a terrible choice. Witcher 3 with HairWorX on is also terrible.

Would Ryse be a good one?

Why is the Witcher 3 terrible for pushing your new card? That was the first game I booted up when I got my 1070 and it was incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom