• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Moving around until I finally settled on a good place near my office with barely acceptable internet.

Oh man, I have to turn down stuff to get acceptable framerates. I will try these, thanks.

You don't need to turn down stuff. Literally just disable vsync and use triple buffering with Rivatuner. Fixed all my performance issues with it, plays perfectly on a 970

Does anyone know if this Pathfinder Adventure game coming out today is:

- F2P
- Early Access
- Sungle player

It's Free to Play, but you really don't get much without paying. It's not early access, the game has been out a while on mobile/tablets. I played through it all single player on my phone where the only multiplayer available was pass and play. There had been talks of them adding multiplayer, but it's not really a game that lends itself to asynchronous multiplayer very well.

I played the actual card game it's based off before playing Pathfinder Adventures and while I love the card game I wasn't a big fan of the digital version. It's much better playing it coop with other people and I ran into way too many bugs including one that happened a few times that made it impossible to progress forcing me to start the scenario over.

EDIT: From the store page it looks like it has asynchronous multiplayer since it uses Steam turn notifications. It can work, but playing cards on other peoples turns is a really important part of the game so I'm curious what sort of setup they have for it.

Pachimari

Hmm, now I have another issue with Wolfenstein: The New Order. I'm at Chapter 5 "A New Way Home" and I am currently at this place where I have to jump into the water to get inside the prisoner camp. My problem now is, that the game keeps crashing out to Windows. Why does this happen, and is there anyway for me to fix this? I've tried starting over the chapter but that didn't work out. Or will I have to abandon it altogether?

Will I need to turn down the visual settings? Turn down my overclock?

a9iOGtn.jpg

Parsnip

Sega please.

Just watched the Assassin's Creed Origins trailer.

The setting is really interesting and fresh, I had a similar reaction to the Far Cry 5 setting, but some of the gameplay looked rough including clipping, animations, and the arrow ability at the end of the trailer.
JaseC will remember that.

Monooboe

Hmm, now I have another issue with Wolfenstein: The New Order. I'm at Chapter 5 "A New Way Home" and I am currently at this place where I have to jump into the water to get inside the prisoner camp. My problem now is, that the game keeps crashing out to Windows. Why does this happen, and is there anyway for me to fix this? I've tried starting over the chapter but that didn't work out. Or will I have to abandon it altogether?

Will I need to turn down the visual settings? Turn down my overclock?

Do you have chrome open in the background with many tabs? The game kept crashing for me and closing chrome helped it become stable. I think it has to do with available RAM.

Pachimari

Do you have chrome open in the background with many tabs? The game kept crashing for me and closing chrome helped it become stable. I think it has to do with available RAM.
Yes, I have Chrome with a lot of tabs open in the background. I'm currently validating the steam files but after that, I'll try your solution.

Arthea

Yes, I have Chrome with a lot of tabs open in the background. I'm currently validating the steam files but after that, I'll try your solution.

Chrome uses all your RAM, all your RAM belongs to chrome.

uninstalling chrome would be wise, so you won't forget that it can't run in background if you wanna play games at regular basis.

edited: before you ask, yes, I uninstalled chrome some time ago already

Pachimari

Chrome uses all your RAM, all your RAM belongs to chrome.

uninstalling chrome would be wise, so you won't forget that it can't run in background if you wanna play games at regular basis.

edited: before you ask, yes, I uninstalled chrome some time ago already

Chrome has been my default browser for years, so I would prefer not to uninstall it. I mean, last year I had no crashes in Wolfenstein at all, and I had Chrome installed.

Anyway, closing chrome down actually made the game crash earlier. Validating the files made it possible to jump into the water, but then it would crash once in the water again.

This is very strange.

[edit] Just tried restarting the computer without starting up Chrome and it still crashes. I guess my last try would be to reinstall the game, but I can't find my save file...

Deques

Chrome has been my default browser for years, so I would prefer not to uninstall it. I mean, last year I had no crashes in Wolfenstein at all, and I had Chrome installed.

Anyway, closing chrome down actually made the game crash earlier. Validating the files made it possible to jump into the water, but then it would crash once in the water again.

This is very strange.

Remove all addons that you don't need, should save you some RAM

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gemini: Heroes Reborn -- MB-02AD4E3BF3E68F79 - Taken by nightstorm
Gotham City Impostors Free to Play: Professional Impostor Kit -- MB-EF9706F4B3FF09C6 - Taken by voodooray

Milamber

This is very strange.

[edit] Just tried restarting the computer without starting up Chrome and it still crashes. I guess my last try would be to reinstall the game, but I can't find my save file...

Tried updating your card drivers?

I've only been reading Gaf for like 5 years, but man it's the first time for me to witness the true force of Nintendo fans here. They're so expert with their numbers, predictions and calculations. It's like they've been in hibernation in the WiiU era. Monster Hunter is serious business, I'd better stay out of it.

I've only been reading Gaf for like 5 years, but man it's the first time for me to witness the true force of Nintendo fans here. They're so expert with their numbers, predictions and calculations. It's like they've been in hibernation in the WiiU era. Monster Hunter is serious business, I'd better stay out of it.

N is the new S.

Pachimari

I updated my card drivers, uninstalled and installed the game again, restarted my computer, tried overclocking and underclocking, exited Chrome, tried quitting all programs in the background.

And Wolfenstein keeps crashing... =(

fantomena

I downloaded and tried ARK for a few min yesterday, then uninstalled the whole thing. Performance is still shit, but better than last time I played it. The whole game is boring, mediocre to shitty mess. Also really fucking blurry.

It is beyond me how ARK will be able to do 4k60fps on a XboneX when it mostly hovers around 55 FPS, min 45 FPS when playing on 1080p with everything cranked up to the max (ultra) except for film grain and motion blur (cause fuck that) on an GTX 1080. Even with that fucking jaguar trash CPU.

Perhaps, after all the XboneX is using that Spencer magic.

Arminsc

I downloaded and tried ARK for a few min yesterday, then uninstalled the whole thing. Performance is still shit, but better than last time I played it. The whole game is boring, mediocre to shitty mess. Also really fucking blurry.

It is beyond me how ARK will be able to do 4k60fps on a XboneX when it msotly hovers around 55 FPS, min 45 FPS when playing on 1080p everything cranked up to the max (ultra) except for film grain and motion blur (cause fuck that) on an GTX 1080. Even with that fucking jaguar trash CPU.

Perhaps, after all the XboneX is using that Spencer magic.

There is a slider for plant details, which makes any graphics card shit it's pants. From what I've played, turning that down will improve performance greatly.
Also, it runs decently on medium-high settings now, so that's what they'll probably set the Xbox version to.

Just watched the Assassin's Creed Origins trailer.

The setting is really interesting and fresh, I had a similar reaction to the Far Cry 5 setting, but some of the gameplay looked rough including clipping, animations, and the arrow ability at the end of the trailer.
The animation doesn't seem up to par with Ubisoft standards, but there are still a few months to go.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

Pachimari

So I fixed the Wolfenstein crashes. It seemed it was actually my overclock which did it. When I tried underclocking before I had forgotten to apply the new settings. But now that I tuned down the overclock, there's no more crashes.

Looking aside from this game, can I overclock the "core clock" and "memory clock" as long as the GPU temperature doesn't reach 80 degrees?

sprinkles

Destiny 2 is going to be huge on PC I feel.

It will also completely break Battle.net judging how fucking WoW patches still do that >_>
I am still on the fence which version to get. I played Destiny 1 on PS4 mostly solo and it was a good time until I reached the endgame and quit soon after.

If my ex-WoW buddies get into the PC version (which by itself is not certain right now) I definitely have to get that version. But I cannot see me playing on a desk for hours like I did a decade ago with WoW and still enjoy the game the same as I would lying on the couch. Maybe the Steam Controller could keep me competitive (if it will even work as the game is not on Steam).

So Beyong Good and Evil 2 is pretty much just starting development at this point.
This wont be out for another 3 years at least, if ever.

Pachimari

Damn, The Journey in FIFA 17 is so bad, at least so far. If I failed to reach the Top 10 in the trials, then I would like the game to give me another path, but instead, there's only one path to go no matter how you perform. That's shit design. And I don't understand why I am controlling the whole team, and not Alex Hunter alone. I also find it stupid, that they didn't give us a character creator to take ourselves to the top league and to chose any team in the entire game. So many possibilities, yet this is so limited.

Ladekabel

You know where Capcom should put the money that they saved with the character models of Chun Li and Dante in CvM:I? A Power Stone port.

oipic

Also you should be getting your Moto Racing 4 key in the mail right about now from the free giveaway last week.

Thank you for the reminder, bob.

The email from Microïds went to my spam folder, so if any of you fellow Gmail users haven't received your key yet, it may be hiding away in there.

gdt

Picked up Call of Duty Advanced Warfare after I enjoyed Infinite Warfare SP so much....

Only in the first level but man it feels great to be getting a locked 4k/60fps at max (well depth of field at medium). This 1080ti is putting in work.

Arulan

a "shallow console-shooter" what does this even mean?

Typically it means a shooter where skill-based movement and aiming (and some other forms of execution) aren't emphasized due to controller limitations.

like compared to what? What is this amazingly complex PC first person shooter you are comparing it to?

There aren't many games that play exactly like Destiny, but that wasn't my point. There are many MMOs that do far more than Destiny does for online play, but few shooters, and less so with an PvE emphasis.

Warframe is perhaps the closest example (not an MMO though), and from what I've seen a very good example in player-execution depth regarding movement, aiming, and skill-use, in addition to build variety and experimentation.

Tired of these "I'm in the Steam thread so let make sure I do some random ass console shitting drive by post to look cool" posts.

That wasn't a drive-by post. I offered my thoughts on your comment "Destiny 2 is going to be huge on PC I feel".

I don't think it's a ludicrous statement to state that games designed foremost for consoles (controllers) play differently, and historically those design differences haven't always translated to the same popularity on PC.

KainXVIII

Destiny 2 is going to be huge on PC I feel.

Yeah, looking good!
I wonder if Destiny 1 is worth getting now (i know where to get it very cheap, like for $2, ps3 version though, which i only have)? I don't know - maybe for story or even gameplay (i prefer single)..

Lain

So, FFXIV Stormblood early access is almost here, and only now I remembered about patching the game up.
I just beat the dreaded Error 24202 monster to be able to resub to the game so I could patch it up, but now I'm looking forward to a very long download because I never installed Heavensward either lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom