• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

The funniest thing is that they would easily get more money from releasing it on steam than whatever it's making on Origin. All they have to do is have someone press the button.

SteamGAF's all like....

tumblr_lt25koAqOO1qzrlhgo6_250.gif

EA's all like....

tumblr_lt25koAqOO1qzrlhgo2_250.gif

And one fine day....

tumblr_lt25koAqOO1qzrlhgo7_r1_250.gif

Copons

Oh, have you finally got craft beer? Because it seems the only stuff you've exported was terrible. Nastro Azzurro? More like Nasty Azzurro.

Shieeeet, Nastro sucks balls. It always got me the worst possible hangovers, to the point that for quite some time in my early 20s I was sure they were filling it with weird substances in there, like heroin or something, and the morning after I was suffering from withdrawal. :D

rtcn63

The funniest thing is that they would easily get more money from releasing it on steam than whatever it's making on Origin. All they have to do is have someone press the button.

It's damn near a zero-sum game. Every time a publisher hits that button, it decreases the chance of Half-Life 3 being released by 4.2%. People in the industry have alluded to this for years, but no one seems to listen.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just noticed Steam's specials have changed for Canadians. It might have been that way for a while, but it's actually pretty funny to see "Under CDN$12" and "Under CDN$6" - way to understand the concept of psychological barriers, Valve!

it'll change to under $13 soon

all y'all canadian chumps should move to freedomland like i did

Jawmuncher

It's damn near a zero-sum game. Every time a publisher hits that button, it decreases the chance of Half-Life 3 being released by 4.2%. People in the industry have alluded to this for years, but no one seems to listen.

HL3 must be sitting in the negatives now.

Lain

Indiegala bundle today wasn't too bad. Have some spares:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

BANZAI PECAN: The Last Hope For the Young Century -- MB-C2A1AFEBC54B297C - Taken by dot
Vanguard Princess Plus 2DLC -- MB-CF70B20AD4F0B916 - Taken by Blu(e)
Train of Afterlife -- MB-81EC3746E9511C8F - Taken by 7Sins

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vanguard Princess -- MB-6E2CB75EE61A51B2 - Taken by Capt.Haddock

For you cheap people
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Caster -- MB-838580AF73CC1E9A - Taken by billmcdougal. 8 entrants total.
Caster #2 -- MB-71EAD47493A53D46 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 9 entrants total.
Caster #3 -- MB-535A42A7C202104E - Taken by Se7enSword. 6 entrants total.

t1427162749z1.png

Uraizen

Banned
Was trying to figure out how to do the VanPri DLC. So I decided that whoever wins it can PM me and I'll give them the two pieces of DLC.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uraizen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Planet -- MB-6312A3FE9F7D391D - Taken by texhnolyze. 5 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-C1EF47142BAADBC3

t1427153509z1.png

Contrary to what seems to be popular opinion here on GAF, I'm actually okay with all of these remasters. As someone who missed a large majority of the previous console generation, I can appreciate the value in something like The Last of Us Remastered. I didn't get a chance to play it when it was originally released as I didn't own a PS3 at the time. When I bought my PS4 it was one of the first games I picked up.

I bought Final Fantasy X HD for the PSVita and thought it was great. It added newly updated textures and widescreen support to one of my favorite PS2 games. It also added trophies which I'm a huge fan of. I'm one of those weirdos who is patiently waiting for the PS4 version.

Will I buy the God of War 3 remaster? Nope. But not because I think it's a cash grab or bad for the industry. I'm simply not buying it because I'm not interested in the slightest. I didn't play the first two and probably won't (although if I did, I would play their remastered versions).

A lot of these remastered versions are also including the DLC that was originally released. I think that's important on a deeper level for the preservation of the future of our great hobby. I'm pretty certain that when my grandkids are teenagers (probably about 20 years from now) it will be literally impossible to buy the DLC for the The Last of Us on the PS3, so I'm glad it's included on PS4 disc.

I'm like the anti-PunishedSnake.

EDIT: I guess the important distinction is that none of the games I mentioned are on PC to begin with. I'll admit that changes the argument pretty considerably.

I've yet to own a PS4/XB1, so I haven't bought any remasters yet. FFX HD remaster on PS3 didn't interest me at all, as I've played it tons of times on PS2 and PC. I understand your point though. The problem is, people are actualy asking for more remasters nowadays. It just concerns me that this whole generation will be filled with remasters and more remasters.

Chariot

Shit. I can forget the 52 Games thing. Secret World, League of Legends and World of Tanks eat my time and I also applied for beta access to World of Warships and university starts again soon.

murf

Jawmuncher

Shit. I can forget the 52 Games thing. Secret World, League of Legends and World of Tanks eat my time and I also applied for beta access to World of Warships and university starts again soon.

murf

F2P and MMOs. The bane of anyone's backlog who play them.

OH, a foil!...which is priced like other normal cards :(
e964cdc81e.png

Watching last night's Good Wife
Yup. watched earlier today and lol'd when that happened. Was sorta forced, but as it went on, it was actually nice.
For a moment i thought the guy playing with them was listening to the conversation and would go to media sites with it.

rtcn63

Yup. watched earlier today and lol'd when that happened. Was sorta forced, but as it went on, it was actually nice.
For a moment i thought the guy playing with them was listening to the conversation and would go to media sites with it.

Thought the same.
I mean, who is Keith from Ohio anyways? Can we trust him?

Jawmuncher

I was just wrapping up with what I was busy with, so this is perfect timing for me. It does mean I won't be productive tonight though. XD;

Dunno what you did but I restarted and launched and I didn't get a episode 2.
Nevermind it's sitting as DLC but I can't force it to download. And now it downloads after I talk shit.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dunno what you did but I restarted and launched and I didn't get a episode 2.
Nevermind it's sitting as DLC but I can't force it to download.

Try one more time, it seems to have rolled out a bit slow for some, but now most are reporting it went live for everyone in the last 3 minutes.

Edit: Okay, glad you got it. XD

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION Deluxe Edition -- MB-EFBC9DCAC9917850 - Taken by Snakethesniper
Vanguard Princess -- MB-766E29D2A7A1CC10
dot

fenners

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Planet -- MB-DE6B6218ABE4131C - Taken by ArynCrinn. 30 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-32688BE1BFA0CF41 - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.

t1427242909z1.png

Everyone else is giving these away, so should I.

Ozium

does anyone have any experience with Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space (2005) or Infinite Space III which is currently in EA? I played a little bit of WW and I kind of get what they are going for but I don't know about it..

I tried Infinite Space III and it's in 3D now which I kind of like, and the UI is definitely better, letting you know stats of items and what not... another thing that it seems is being added (again, still in Early Access) are missions or objectives, which is what I didn't like about WW...

It's like FTL withou the micromanagement

anyone play this and want to shed light on this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom