• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Proxy Blade Zero -- MB-36F4409B3B68A873 - Taken by Mavromatis. 2 entrants total.
Phoenix Force -- MB-A758A8D844200319 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION Deluxe Edition -- MB-183C926BACEED4D9 - Taken by iosefe. 4 entrants total.

t1427144509z1.png

dude this raffle's shit is fucked up and wants to shoot/slice you

Some stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sometimes: Success Requires Sacrifice -- MB-80B28DA04DF8C978 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Train of Afterlife -- MB-5DD0B2DDEF565605 - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.
7th Legion -- MB-9A79F2F6F9307581 - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-A9D0C579584EF0A4
The UnderGarden -- MB-CE3E96FDB9CB2DE3 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.

t1427144809z1.png

It seems in the end, modbot(rightly so, of course) considered both the DLC and game as one entry, because i repeated the code. So, here a giveaway for the game!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dio Brando, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Vanguard Princess -- MB-41CE21798AB4C8AC

Princess!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Vanguard Princess -- MB-DD9965BA920B8391

t1427144929z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What if you searched for <td>GAMENAME</td> so you get an exact match? Would that work?

Not really, a lot of game's licenses are named differently than they are on the store. Additionally, if you purchase multiple items at once they are all only given a single line on that page so they exist in the same span of text with every other game you bought.

That page is a mess really. It used to be worse though, before I suggested that they actually categorize purchases as purchase/cd key/wallet credit/etc.

For example: WTF is this exactly? I bought it in 2013.

txFWHtU.png

Shit like that is everywhere. Most of it is consistent (thus, the feature works) but then there's stuff like this:

FjGVugs.png

"Dungeon Defneders"?

And that's not even counting the things that add extra stuff like "(ROW)" or "Retail key" or anything else. The stuff listed here is like your Steam equivalent to a "permanent record" so even if the sub name changes, those changes aren't reflected here.

So until that page reflects actual store names (never going to happen) or until Valve provides this info in an API (more likely, but still unlikely) Enhanced Steam will have to continue trying to parse this info out of that page which means it will sometimes be incorrect.

:(

Not really, a lot of game's licenses are named differently than they are on the store. Additionally, if you purchase multiple items at once they are all only given a single line on that page so they exist in the same span of text with every other game you bought.

That page is a mess really. It used to be worse though, before I suggested that they actually categorize purchases as purchase/cd key/wallet credit/etc.

txFWHtU.png

Shit like that is everywhere. Most of it is consistent (thus, the feature works) but then there's stuff like this:

FjGVugs.png

"Dungeon Defneders"?

And that's not even counting the things that add extra stuff like "(ROW)" or "Retail key" or anything else. The stuff listed here is like your Steam equivalent to a "permanent record" so even if the sub name changes, those changes aren't reflected here.

So until that page reflects actual store names (never going to happen) or until Valve provides this info in an API (more likely, but still unlikely) Enhanced Steam will have to continue trying to parse this info out of that page which means it will sometimes be incorrect.

Yet another reason for Valve to hire you.

txFWHtU.png

FjGVugs.png

"Dungeon Defneders"?

And that's not even counting the things that add extra stuff like "(ROW)" or "Retail key" or anything else.

Hahah, Dungeon Defneders. Wow.

Sucks about it being so inconsistent though.They really need to hurry up and hire you so you can fix all this crap, since it seems like they're in no rush to.

user237

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Vanguard Princess -- MB-00848D077D5F98F7 - Taken by EdmondD

best bundle in a while

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hahah, Dungeon Defneders. Wow.

Sucks about it being so inconsistent though.They really need to hurry up and hire you so you can fix all this crap, since it seems like they're in no rush to.

My guess is (based partially on how I know stuff goes on there and based also on Gabe's recent email about their structure) is that nobody there cares enough to change it because they don't see value in providing this information.

It's for that reason I eventually realized that I wouldn't make a very good Valve employee. I'd be going around fixing up stuff that people wanted, thus bringing added value to the platform but not necessarily contributing any cash or sales to the company. Obviously since people there aren't fixing small bugs and issues like these, they're not doing it for a reason. I used to think it was laziness or lack of time, but I'm pretty certain things like this are simply being ignored.

Of course if I did work at Valve, I'd add the date you purchased an item to the store page for quick and easy reference. In addition to cleaning up the transaction history page.

My guess is (based partially on how I know stuff goes on there and based also on Gabe's recent email about their structure) is that nobody there cares enough to change it because they don't see value in providing this information.

It's for that reason I eventually realized that I wouldn't make a very good Valve employee. I'd be going around fixing up stuff that people wanted, thus bringing added value to the platform but not necessarily contributing any cash or sales to the company. Obviously since it's not an issue for people there to fix small bugs and issues like these, they're not doing it for a reason. I used to think it was laziness or lack of time, but I'm pretty certain things like this are simply being ignored.

Of course if I did work at Valve, I'd add the date you purchased an item to the store page for quick and easy reference. In addition to cleaning up the transaction history page.

You'd probably have to sneak in those changes as riders. Like add some super awesome new feature and then also include small tweaks for things but don't mention them.

jshackles

You'd probably have to sneak in those changes as riders. Like add some super awesome new feature and then also include small tweaks for things but don't mention them.

First day on the job: "Welcome to Valve jshackles! We have desks on wheels so we can move around so it's super great. Here's where the coffee pot is, here are the restrooms. Oh and over here is our server room."

Me: "In fact, I need to use the restroom! Can you wait here just a minute?" *goes in the server room door*

All of the sudden, this is no longer a thing:

A few weeks later: "Hey, who fucked with my No Image Available images on people's wishlists? Why are there actual images there now?"

Me (as innocently as possible): "Hasn't it always been like that?"

Cue laugh track, roll credits

EDIT: for the record, here is what that same section looks like with Enhanced Steam:

Tell me that's not more appealing.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Getting a slight high-school cliché overload from Life is Strange, but at the same time it makes me miss being an obnoxious student. Even José Gonzáles is there!

Annubis

First day on the job: "Welcome to Valve jshackles! We have desks on wheels so we can move around so it's super great. Here's where the coffee pot is, here are the restrooms. Oh and over here is our server room."

Me: "In fact, I need to use the restroom! Can you wait here just a minute?" *goes in the server room door*

All of the sudden, this is no longer a thing:

A few weeks later: "Hey, who fucked with my No Image Available images on people's wishlists? Why are there actual images there now?"

Me (as innocently as possible): "Hasn't it always been like that?"

Cue laugh track, roll credits

EDIT: for the record, here is what that same section looks like with Enhanced Steam:

Tell me that's not more appealing.

It sure is!
Well, except for Plug and Play.
That one still looks like junk ;)

Copons

Except beer....and soccer....

Soccer I don't give a damn (except trolling other people when their teams lose, that's kinda priceless), but oooooh boy, you couldn't be more wrong about beers!

In the last bunch of years, beer got hip and countless small breweries popped up all around the country and now there is like a craft beer festival basically every week (in Rome at least) and they are always packed.
I know popularity doesn't make stuff good, but amazingly, there are plenty of excellent breweries to try.
I'm an IPA addict, and my two favourite beers ever are actually Italian: "Zona Cesarini" (APA, brewery Toccalmatto) and "Open" (blonde ale, brewery Baladin).
I don't know if they are available anywhere outside Italy (Baladin is the featured brewery of Eataly stores, so their beers should be available at least there), but who cares, it just means there's more here for me!

Except for successfully asking for keys.

=)

Yeah, we're not that good at it. :'(

But we could improve! Starting tomorrow I'll try to stealth beg at least a key a day!

Soccer I don't give a damn (except trolling other people when their teams lose, that's kinda priceless), but oooooh boy, you couldn't be more wrong about beers!

Oh, have you finally got craft beer? Because it seems the only stuff you've exported was terrible. Nastro Azzurro? More like Nasty Azzurro.

I just noticed Steam's specials have changed for Canadians. It might have been that way for a while, but it's actually pretty funny to see "Under CDN$12" and "Under CDN$6" - way to understand the concept of psychological barriers, Valve!

Jawmuncher

Not likely at all, EA didn't release it because of the move to Origin. The game has subs ready and I believe the full game is on the servers.

The funniest thing is that they would easily get more money from releasing it on steam than whatever it's making on Origin. All they have to do is have someone press the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom