• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

how do you know US is not getting JC3?
It's a surprise box, not see what you will get box.

edited: I'm not buying it regardless, because JC3 runs real bad.

US says ~$80 MSRP value. Just Cause 3 alone is $60

that would leave $20 for 4 games.

Doesn't sound likely

Ascheroth

Yeah, although those skipped XBONE when it's getting KHIII so who knows how SE operates ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The difference is that the One has no presence at all in Japan and the western audience isn't really into japanese games either (coupled with a minimum number of retail copies required as far as I know, which is probably what kills most of the smaller japanese releases), whereas while PC has no presence in Japan as well there's a proven audience for those games and the platform is heavily digital leaning, which makes a release far less risky.

KHIII was also announced for it right at the beginning of the gen, when it wasn't yet apparent how japanese games would fare on the One.

Tonton

500K to 1 million seems pretty high. Especially since I don't think the game is available digitally outside of PSnow. Awhile back I recall most people having to buy it second-hand. I know I had to when I did. Though what you're saying doesn't seem too far-fetched.
Does seem like Nier Automata if it keeps the pace should easily double whatever the original did.

Makes me really curious how a remaster of the original would do.
Also Drakengard 3 while we're at it, since it runs like complete shit on PS3. Just plop on the advertising that it has ties to nier should help.
I think SE talked about remastering the first game if Nier:A did well, so hopefully that and Drakengard 3 will happen
and they will be PS4 only because SE

Going by one random ass quote phil said that I can't find. It sounded like ages ago MS and Square made a deal to get FFXV. Probably back when the numbers of the series didn't look too bad at least for 13 which did well. The spin offs failed completely though.
Yeah I guess KHIII announcement was quite a while ago and maybe Type-0 numbers weren't too good there

Corpekata

Banned
Nier isn't getting remastered. That game, and most of YT's other stuff looks like they were held together by duct tape.

There's a reason a lot of remaster collections leave out some of the older clunkier games.

Ascheroth

Nier isn't getting remastered. That game, and most of YT's other stuff looks like they were held together by duct tape.

There's a reason a lot of remaster collections leave out some of the older clunkier games.

So you're saying it's getting a remake by Platinum instead? :p

Jawmuncher

It wasn't that bad, the performance was the biggest issue.
But I can understand what you mean, a team working on that game to get it running just at 60FPS and 1080P would probably be more work than it sounds.

Nzyme32

Steam has a new smash hit

header.jpg

In other news 100k for Nier at the moment is pretty decent I think. And notably the reviews are now up to very positive rather than mixed on the first day. As far as I'm concerned the port is pretty good, needing a trivial work around for resolution issues, but hopefully a fix for lod transitions in some areas would be good.

Also that H1Z1 thing being so popular is interesting. Judging from yesterday and how the peak was reached and dropped off, it must be quite popular in a particular region, possibly China / Asia

I would like to think so. Unless they had some super unreasonable expectations like 1-2 million or something.

Big chance? I think it is too early to say. Plus this is SE we are talking about.

Square Enix did say that they would think about it if Automata does well, so it definitely could happen if things keep up.

SE is ever said about expected sale numbers?

You never know with SE, if they do, I doubt that they'd change much besides the res.

We are going to see with even improved battle system. :B

PantsuJo

Well, it seems that Nier:Automata sold ~100k (from Steam DB). Really good.

Anyway, I report here this news from Gematsu:

Examu to launch Kickstarter campaign to bring Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars to PC.
(And maybe even develop more characters, if it gets enough funding.)

Examu will launch a Kickstarter campaign to bring Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars to PC with an English localization, the developer announced. The fighting game originally launched in Japanese arcades in December 2014.

Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars is an updated version of Arcana Heart 3: Love Max, which launched for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita worldwide in 2014, and PC in 2015.

New to Six Stars includes:
New Character: Minori Amanohara
New Arcana: Ichor, the Arcana of Blood
Improved Character Balancing

Examu said that if it gets enough funding, it will consider the development of new characters and bringing together stories from earlier Arcana Heart titles to make a “collected edition follow up.”

You can register your interest in funding the PC port at Prefundia. A launch date for the Kickstarter campaign has not been announced.

Arcana-Heart-3-Prefundia_03-20-17.jpg

are you saying Nier's waifu appeal is bigger than Final Fantasy's name appeal?

I don't know about FF but I'm pretty certain that 2B artwork is a major catalyst in Nier Automata sales right now.

Possible price error D2D currently has the ETS2 Vive la France DLC for 66% off ($6.46). The DLC came out in December and has never been discounted on any of the major sites. So a direct 66% price cut seems like it could be a mistake.

Also it looks like I was wrong about Mass Effect reviews. Was pretty sure they would land up with an 85-90 Metacritic just because it was a Bioware game but that didn't happen at all.

gelf

I'm not sure what Square have left to bundle that I would want to own anymore. I guess Mankind Divided but surely it's too soon for that.

Shahadan

Nah, I don't see it doing more than 150k in the opening week.

Which is already absolutely fantastic and more money than S-E ever made with any Japanese game on Steam at launch as far as I can tell. Yes, that's right, they made more with Nier of all things than, say, any FF game. A testament to either the great taste of the Steam community, or just maybe that it might be good idea not to wait for a year or more to port something.

I still have no idea why it is that popular. Even some contacts who never even glance at action games or japanese games are asking me about it.
Is it the skirt or the robot theme I have no clue. Many people buying this have not touched or heard about the first NieR

Yoko Taro + Platinum should have resulted in a massive bomba but it didn't, guy who made the decision deserves a raise.

data

Just a FYI, if you buy the bunde and when the games are announced you don't like the bundle, you can refund it still. Atleast it worked with the last box in EU for me.

I still have no idea why it is that popular. Even some contacts who never even glance at action games or japanese games are asking me about it.
Is it the skirt or the robot theme I have no clue. Many people buying this have not touched or heard about the first NieR

Yoko Taro + Platinum should have resulted in a massive bomba but it didn't, guy who made the decision deserves a raise.

Look at Steam community, the answer lies within there. :)

I thought Andromeda would be around 8/10 so it being a 7.5 isn't that far off...I actually liked what I played of the trial but was gonna wait to buy it later anyway

I'm surprised that you're surprised. The game looks like shit in all the footage.

I was holding out hope that the early shitty footage was kind of a fluke, taken from a rougher, small section of the game. Then more footage came.

I've kept my head in the sand, for the most part, about the possibility with the idea that the weight of the franchise (and need for good sci-fi RPGs) could still float the game.

So, yeah. I'm a little surprised myself at the scores. But I won't go so far to say I'm surprised that you're surprised that yura's surprised.

Tonton

Unless the goal is really low, I don't ever see this getting funded.

It's probably gonna be a reasonable goal, I don't imagine they would be trying this if they weren't happy with Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! and Nitroplus Blasterz sales on Steam and just wanted to get into publishing themselves

XSEED themselves talked about being happy with Nitroplus sales

Phinor

Has anyone ever tried to get a refund from CDKeys.com? I know it said Mass Effect key would released on or before March 23rd but it comes out the 21st in most of the world (I am in Canada) so I assumed I would have a key by then. I mean its only 2 or 3 days after release but still annoying and the savings aren't that great.

I have twice, both times really quick and easy but obviously that's just two cases out of thousands. As usual, it took few days for the payment to show on my bank account but no issues there. CDKeys has a good customer support reputation so give it a try.

vermadas

I can't believe a metroidvania kept me captivated for 32 hours, but Hollow Knight somehow pulled it off. I must have had a thirst for the genre; over the past few months I've also gone through Axiom Verge and Momodora.

Axiom Verge was great. I liked the "mostly" 8-bit aesthetic that didn't try to constrict itself too much for the sake of keeping an authentic retro look. The weapon variety was nice, but only a few of them were worth using on a regular basis.

Momodora was good. The sprite animation was fantastic. Playing on normal, I thought it was a bit too easy - none of the bosses gave me much trouble. Speaking of the bosses, what the fuck is with the giant
anime loli witch with her cleavage hanging out
? The game is pretty short, but that's not a big knock against it.

Hollow Knight though. I mean, it's probably a little too long for its own good. The enemy variety, the NPCs, and the soundtrack are all fantastic. The difficulty curve is a little off - the game was easy for far too long, but when it ramped up... quite a sharp incline. I do appreciate how
the really challenging content is only required to get a better ending
. I must confess though, I burnt out on the game right at the very end.
I got through the White Palace, did all Fool trials, killed all the dream bosses... But after facing The Radiance, and realizing I had to repeat the Hollow Knight fight after death, I noped out after a few tries.
Hopefully I can come back eventually and finish it off.

For now though, it's time to dive into Zelda, and actually play the new console I bought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom