• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I've been waiting for a Star Wars sale for so long and now that the games are finally discounted, I am locked out of the market. Really wanted Republic Commando and Empire at War :(

I was about to recommend that everyone should buy Prototype 2 during this Activision catalogue-wide sale but then I saw the discount and price. Nope. The prices for the Prototype and Transformers games are awful.

kotor 2 is decently price. Hmmm.
I'm gonna buy me some SW games.

Still weird to see Ghost heavily discounted(not doing so well on pc huh?), while other cod games are only 25% off.

I've managed to purchase MW1 and MW2 for $5 each not too long ago, just not on steam. Just be on the lookout and check this thread often since when they get down to a good price on a random web site it almost always gets posted in here.

Does battlefront 2 run well on modern machones and, more importantly, is the online community still active?

I have fond memories of playing BF2 on my Xbox.

Grief.exe

I'm gonna buy me some SW games.

Still weird to see Ghost heavily discounted(not doing so well on pc huh?), while other cod games are only 25% off.

I would guess it's because Ghosts is on a free weekend, so it will be discounted the entire time. If the banner is to be believed, Spiderman today, then Transformers tomorrow, then Call of Duty, and finally Prototype series.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I need to remember to pick up the Space Quest and King's Quest collections. They're not available on the AU and NZ stores for some bizarre reason.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Yeah, I'm not surprised. There are more people playing MW3 and BOPSII than Ghosts which is dangerously close to MW2...

This Call of Duty fad is starting to die at last

Miker

Maybe I'll finally try Republic Commando

I might be in the minority on this, but I found Republic Commando to be a thoroughly disappointing game. It's a fantastic use of the license, yes, but it's also one of the most repetitive shooters I've played. The campaign isn't even that long, and I was still wishing it was over halfway through. Enemies are bullet sponges, the tactical layer is too simple to amount to more than a mere distraction, and there are way too many parts where you have to do X objective three+ times.

I can recommend it for its current price, but not much more.

EDIT:

Although I do recommend Jedi Knight II and Jedi Outcast. Both totally awesome games, although the maze/key/stupid icon puzzle '90s FPS structure doesn't hold up that well.

Dambrosi

Banned
SteamPaysUsToPlay.jpg

LOL WTF Steam. Good thing I already own it, or I'd be pissed.

Also, that Star Wars sale should have taken place a month ago, so we could say "May the 4s be with you" and various other bad force puns.

Yeah, I'm not surprised. There are more people playing MW3 and BOPSII that Ghosts which is dangerously close to MW2...

Oh great, now you jinxed it, and the CoD craze will last forever. Thanks, Ice Man.

Cth

Looks like Aerena just got cards.

Potential free card money if anyone wants to see if gift copies will drop cards!

FREE Card Money?

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aerna -- MB-37D3FCBCEA6810EC - Taken by Einbroch

Yuuichi

I don't understand how Ghost is 66% off but the rest of the CODs are 25% off.....Activision is smoking something...

No, they just want to bolster the playerbase of their most recent game, so they can sell more DLC since they're making more for it.

Khronico

Now everyone has the chance to buy one of the best RPG's of all time and the superior KOTOR game. Buy it now or I will come to your house and lecture you.

topyy

renew this one,key and extra gift copy.
ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aerena -- MB-23D6B97CC9C8A55D - Taken by MikeDip

kotor 2 is decently price. Hmmm.

I've managed to purchase MW1 and MW2 for $5 each not too long ago, just not on steam. Just be on the lookout and check this thread often since when they get down to a good price on a random web site it almost always gets posted in here.
I already own most of them, even bought MW again just because I want to own it on steam.

I would guess it's because Ghosts is on a free weekend, so it will be discounted the entire time. If the banner is to be believed, Spiderman today, then Transformers tomorrow, then Call of Duty, and finally Prototype series.
seems like it

Yeah, I'm not surprised. There are more people playing MW3 and BOPSII than Ghosts which is dangerously close to MW2...

I don't remember MW3 getting this kind of discount that early, and MW3 gets discounted a lot, well for Acti standards anyway.

DocSeuss

I was about to recommend that everyone should buy Prototype 2 during this Activision catalogue-wide sale but then I saw the discount and price. Nope. The prices for the Prototype and Transformers games are awful.

If Amazon's still on sale, get it there. The first one is $5.

Ghosts is $30 on Amazon vs Steam's $40, but you'd get a hard copy (with a code).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just a quick question. Isn't the first Force Unleashed locked to 30fps? And really hard to sort out?

There is an framerate unlocker for it, works fine. However the game is a festering pile of putrid dogshit, so you know. DO NOT BUY IT.

tjohn86

I might be in the minority on this, but I found Republic Commando to be a thoroughly disappointing game. It's a fantastic use of the license, yes, but it's also one of the most repetitive shooters I've played. The campaign isn't even that long, and I was still wishing it was over halfway through. Enemies are bullet sponges, the tactical layer is too simple to amount to more than a mere distraction, and there are way too many parts where you have to do X objective three+ times.

I can recommend it for its current price, but not much more.

EDIT:

Although I do recommend Jedi Knight II and Jedi Outcast. Both totally awesome games, although the maze/key/stupid icon puzzle '90s FPS structure doesn't hold up that well.

It was pretty good when it came out in 2005. That was a pretty long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom