• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggNife

If Risk of Rain was in the $6 tier I'd say it would be worth it but as it is ennnnnnnnhh

Also I argue that Awesomenauts should not be considered Co-Op because MOBAs always just devolve into everyone yelling at each other instead of actually working together

Uzzy

KOTOR 1/2, Shadowrun: Returns and Vampire: the Masquerade: Bloodlines all on sale this weekend? That's some RPG goodness right there.

Annubis

KOTOR 1/2, Shadowrun: Returns and Vampire: the Masquerade: Bloodlines all on sale this weekend? That's some RPG goodness right there.

If they bundled all those together for an additional discount, I'd double dip every single one of them.

fallout

is it just me or is steam down again
Steam community down?
http://steamstat.us/

Online on Steam 867,687
SteamDB Steam Client Normal (2h)
United States 39 of 56 Servers Online
Europe 25 of 38 Servers Online
China 22 of 24 Servers Online
Netherlands 0 of 12 Servers Online
Australia 7 of 8 Servers Online
Singapore 6 Servers Online
Steam Store Normal (17h)
Steam Community Normal (9m)
Steam Web API Normal (13h)
TF2 Game Coordinator Normal (≈2d)
Dota 2 Game Coordinator Launching (2m)
CS:GO Game Coordinator Normal (2h)
SteamDB Database Normal (≈10d)

pahamrick

Continuing the Aerena giveaway for free card money.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aerena -- MB-F4B0F48B7AE064DB - Taken by Majukun. 6 entrants total.

t1398978398z1.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone want a 40% off Luftrausers coupon?

didamangi

I wish GMG take a cue from Amazon and give us a steam key version of Ubisoft games, that would be ace.

And of course the community is down just when I want to play Dark Souls 2 :(

dani_dc

Humble COOP bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Awesomenauts
  • Sanctum 2
  • Wanderlust: Rebirth
TIER 2: 6$
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
  • Orcs Must Die 2 Complete
  • Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action
TIER 3: 10$
  • Risk of Rain

This is new:
17$ for 2 bundles
30$ for 4 bundles

Times like this make me happy I no longer have a girlfriend, saves me $17.
*cries*

Uzzy

KOTOR 1 OR KOTOR 2?

Both is always the best answer, but I'd say that KOTOR 1 is the better Star Wars game, and actually a finished product. KOTOR 2 has a more interesting story and characters, but it wasn't finished, which leaves several plot points hanging in it's rather rushed ending.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Damn, I was just helping a guy clear out Iron Keep when steam went down :\

Steam doesn't like Sunbros

Exuro

Humble COOP bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Awesomenauts
  • Sanctum 2
  • Wanderlust: Rebirth
TIER 2: 6$
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
  • Orcs Must Die 2 Complete
  • Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action
TIER 3: 10$
  • Risk of Rain

This is new:
17$ for 2 bundles
30$ for 4 bundles
Would have totally been down for this if more of the titles were steamplay.

Grief.exe

Every time a publisher sale comes up we just need to create a new banner

The featured dailies are even directly shown in the banner. Spider-man 4/1, Transformers 4/2, COD 4/3, Prototype 4/4.

i34rakHYr5gJX.png

Why does steam suck so much recently. Gabe please.

I would imagine its due to the user explosion partially brought on by Dota 2, but Steam has had a massive active user explosion in the past few months.

The top 5 games on Steam right now are commanding almost a million concurrent users alone, and they all use Steamworks features for their multiplayer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Timeshift + Gun with card moneyz? sounds good

I've read, I think it was on Rock Paper Shotgun, that they recommend Shadowrun's expansion's campaign over the main game.

Edit: And just as I buy it, Steam goes offline and is stuck on scanning for license updates.

JLeack

Banned
Steam down. Completely unable to play any of my games.

Why do people put up with this shit but were irate over the Xbox One doing the same thing?

Star Wars Empire at War? A Stars Wars RTS?! Is it any good? I'm hooked on RTS's now thanks to Company of Heroes and Dawn of War 2

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
PSN is down as well.
Oh noez!

*boots up UPlay*

Why do people put up with this shit but were irate over the Xbox One doing the same thing?
There's a little thing called offline mode.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

offline mode? and steam is up for me, must be a USA thing :/

Star Wars Empire at War? A Stars Wars RTS?! Is it any good? I'm hooked on RTS's now thanks to Company of Heroes and Dawn of War 2

I liked what I played of it years ago (you know, when I didnt have a million games on steam and actually PLAYED them) but then put it aside for whatever reason and never got back to it :(

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Star Wars Empire at War?! A Stars Wars RTS? Is it any good? I'm hooked on RTS's now thanks to Company of Heroes and Dawn of War 2

Yep, it's awesome. Played it back when it was released and the campaign was excellent. It has aged pretty well too

I would imagine its due to the user explosion partially brought on by Dota 2, but Steam has had a massive active user explosion in the past few months.

The top 5 games on Steam right now are commanding almost a million concurrent users alone, and they all use Steamworks features for their multiplayer.

This shouldn't excuse Valve for poor planning and reaction. They have money and talent, they should fix this.

oh, just noticed Shadorun Returns is the weekend deal. never really played the old games, but this new one sorta interested me. Is it worth it?

adaen

Every time a publisher sale comes up we just need to create a new banner

The featured dailies are even directly shown in the banner. Spider-man 4/1, Transformers 4/2, COD 4/3, Prototype 4/4.

i34rakHYr5gJX.png

That Spider-Man day containing one game, hilarious.

Rhaknar

hey guys, remember when Star War games were 75% off all the time?

Thanks Obama...I mean, Disney!

Uzzy

I've read, I think it was on Rock Paper Shotgun, that they recommend Shadowrun's expansion's campaign over the main game.

Edit: And just as I buy it, Steam goes offline and is stuck on scanning for license updates.

Yeah, the expansion is a lot better than the original campaign. Not that the original campaign is bad really, it's just bland and a bit uninteresting compared to Dragonfall.

oh, just noticed Shadorun Returns is the weekend deal. never really played the old games, but this new one sorta interested me. Is it worth it?

I'd say so. The original campaign is lacking compared to Dragonfall, so if you can get both you're good.

Dr Dogg

I can log into uPlay guys, all is well.

Well that sounds amazing. My work just does a standard sweepstake for the WC.

Without going massively OT it was something my boss did when she was at another company to aid in team bonding across departments that rarely communicate with each other but in practice it all kicks off where it gets quite politically driven and callous natured.

These are the games I am eyeing. Please give me some advice fellow GAFers if they are worthy of my money or not.

TimeShift™
Singularity™
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Is Hot Pursuit worth getting? I have Most Wanted on my PS3/Vita and beat the hell out of them. Is it the same game?

Thanks!

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Offline mode isn't working for me, and issteamdown confirms downtime.

Sucks because I was in the middle of chat with online friends. Steamchat is the most social place on the internet for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom