• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Can't believe people are still falling for the May Day Sale thing

STEAM | June 2014 -
iHQqpIkGVfpcP.jpg

Oh, if anyone's interested in MAV, from the Steam forums:

Ugh, Chromehounds was one of my favorite games because of its unique multiplayer, but I don't like purchasing games before they are officially released. There are just so many stories of devs running off with the money.

But man oh man I want to play MAV so bad. Looks good, especially if he can pull off the campaign.

Anteater

That's amazing.

I wish there were a .exe file pooling all these texture/lighting mods together into one place for easy application to the game. Seems like wading through a jungle trying to collect, upload, and get them to all play nice together.

Imo only the lighting mod is worth installing and not too difficult, he seems to be making an installer for icenhancer 3.0 too so it will probably make it easier. There weren't really much good texture mods before, and the foliage ones in the screens are new so I would think you will at most have to install 2 mods when they come out.

Only one hour and ten minutes for the May sale I'm so happy!
I know

Steam servers down mang, I'm apart from my bros. D:

Lain

Got to say thanks to Styl3s. He didn't have to, but he got me Gray Matter.
Also, the other day I found these unredeemed games on my humblebundle, so might as well:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-0C7A1A027B19EE7F - Taken by Grief.exe. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-241224EB192F0E27 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. -- MB-1D2B62493B9EF815 - Taken by Cth. 7 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-85C151174C5AF59F - Taken by Javier23. 1 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-2DEA0756A72C0B34 - Taken by zkylon. 2 entrants total.
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit -- MB-268E923DAB208F3E - Taken by Alduin. 1 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-98522473202073A3 - Taken by MikeDip. 2 entrants total.

t1398960398z1.png

Amzin

Ugh, Chromehounds was one of my favorite games because of its unique multiplayer, but I don't like purchasing games before they are officially released. There are just so many stories of devs running off with the money.

But man oh man I want to play MAV so bad. Looks good, especially if he can pull off the campaign.

I never played Chromehounds but MAV looks fun. On the other hand, I've been making progress on my backlog (!) so I can probably still afford to wait for sale time.

Edit: I see FEAR giveaway spawned above me! My quick summary of the three different games:

FEAR 1 is awesome and holds up pretty well still. I imagine it's SP only at this point but never cared for the MP anyway, it's worth it just for the story experience

FEAR 2 is fun to play but less atmospheric than the first game. Enjoyable but less memorable.

FEAR 3 I only recommend when playing the co-op mode with a friend. With voice chat. It's hilarious then. Otherwise I doubt it's very good.

Bonus Edit: LOTR: War in the North is fun with co-op, again, but it is SUPER repetitive. A shitton of voice acted dialogue and lore to be had though. The game is probably twice as good if you get LOTR-related boners ever.

Aaron D.

Imo only the lighting mod is worth installing and not too difficult, he seems to be making an installer for icenhancer 3.0 too so it will probably make it easier. There weren't really much good texture mods before, and the foliage ones in the screens are new so I would think you will at most have to install 2 mods when they come out.

Good deal.

I'll keep an eye out for ie 3.0.

Thanks for the lead!

zkylon

zkylewd
I never played Chromehounds but MAV looks fun. On the other hand, I've been making progress on my backlog (!) so I can probably still afford to wait for sale time.

Edit: I see FEAR giveaway spawned above me! My quick summary of the three different games:

FEAR 1 is awesome and holds up pretty well still. I imagine it's SP only at this point but never cared for the MP anyway, it's worth it just for the story experience

FEAR 2 is fun to play but less atmospheric than the first game. Enjoyable but less memorable.

FEAR 3 I only recommend when playing the co-op mode with a friend. With voice chat. It's hilarious then. Otherwise I doubt it's very good.
is fear 3 a horror game?

i wouldn't mind a more shooty fps

Javier23

Banned
I enjoyed the hell out of the game when it was first released. Seeing everything get shot up in slow-mo back then was just incredible. When I recently tried another playthrough before playing through the sequels (which I still haven't done, btw) so that I would remember the plot, I found out that, for me, technically it no longer has that oomph that it used to have.

Still is a lot better than most FPS coming out these days, and well worth playing, so that is that.

Amzin

is fear 3 a horror game?

i wouldn't mind a more shooty fps

I only remember one level being creepy (the store level), otherwise it's pretty much standard FEAR fare. I only played it in co-op mode and it was actually pretty hard compared to the first two, but it's certainly not survival horror, no.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not really. It's more linear shootbang, but not a bad one.
I only remember one level being creepy (the store level), otherwise it's pretty much standard FEAR fare. I only played it in co-op mode and it was actually pretty hard compared to the first two, but it's certainly not survival horror, no.
cool, with all the spider macabre thing on dark souls i really want to just half mindlessly shoot at people

took fear3 then, thanks lain

Cth

Thanks for FEAR, Lain!

I held off on starting the series until I got to play the first game.. Now I can finally play them all!

Grief.exe

Got to say thanks to Styl3s. He didn't have to, but he got me Gray Matter.
Also, the other day I found these unredeemed games on my humblebundle, so might as well:

I was the only entrant for FEAR 2! Thanks!

I got the original fear from GAFfer Evad and loved it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I have no idea what those keys are or what they are good for.

Can I paypal you the money for the collection and you gift me the game ?

A lot of traders are also accepting Paypal as payment so you can try that if you're not comfortable with buying keys. You may even save a couple of bucks because the prices of keys on the market got higher recently

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Guess the game

GTA IV/iceEnhancer/BisonSale foliage texture mod

10013340_741793945855088_2645552419450096205_n.jpg

10172837_741793949188421_8196839813803572083_n.jpg

1977476_741793952521754_4604986406032443180_n.jpg

Wait hold on. Are you trying to say there are pictures from a game?

Also, Lain thank you for Lord of the rings! I've never seen the movies but have always been interested in the universe. Hope it's awesome!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Battlefield 4's campaign felt like a lucid dream. I didn't know who these guys were, what our motivation was, constantly changing scenery or location for no rhyme or reason and like a dream was over before anything of substance happened. Still it was very pretty to look at.

BF3's is the same. 4 threw in Dima to "connect" 3's story to 4, but it was just as bad of a storyline as 4's.

The one good thing I can say about 4's is that at least it has some "sandbox" elements that are training wheels in a fashion for the multiplayer. If they actually went full on sandbox with a smaller focus kinda like Bad Company 1 (which kinda failed since it was WAY too open at times) it would be fine.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Also, Lain thank you for Lord of the rings! I've never seen the movies but have always been interested in the universe. Hope it's awesome!

Do yourself a favor and watch the movies at least before this terrible game alienates every awesome thing about LOTR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom